• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which age group do you think has the most nice and kind people?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    1. (Ages 12-20)
    (Ages 20-35)
    (Ages 35-50)
    (Ages 50-80)
    (Age 80+)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    0-2 year old children have yet to learn of evil, unless you believe in the art of posession

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    0-2 year old children have yet to learn of evil, unless you believe in the art of posession

There's a classic 90s tune this reminded me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpNTeGgyqV4

If there was no external influence on kids other than them being provided with what they needed to survive, they'd be feral. Not necessarily kind or unkind really. Sure, they might try to eat you. But they've got no particular moral code? It'd be an interesting but cruel experiment.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I think it depends on who've been around, but I've noticed that people between 20-35 are the nicest. People 35+ are nice too, but there's a lot more ignorant and bigoted people in that age group. I think that has to do with the fact that those people were born in a time were certain things considered more acceptable than they are now. Especially the 50-80 and 80+ crowd. 20-35 people just grew up in an age of more acceptance and tolerance of others that a lot of 50-80 people didn't experience.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    It's hard to objectively discern something like this, and all our experiences are anecdotal and ultimately don't amount to much so I really have no idea honestly. :/ I was bullied by a few kids in elementary school, and in high school I was treated with more respect but at the same time I grew as a person and matured so that may also be a reason I wasn't bullied as I got older. Also, people of all different age-ranges have held conversations with me, held the door open for me and so on, so I really can't tell at all.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Age isn't a determination of how kind or how big of a jerk you are. It has way more to do with so much else so there isn't an answer to your question really. I have seen really nice and really rude people of every single age group.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    Age doesn't determine maturity either. I have known some of the most well-mannered 14 year olds, then complete jerky ones. Same with every age really. I typically don't get along with teens though as most of them, not all, have their heads up their butts. lol I didn't get alone with them when I was a teen either. I always talked to 20 somethings and 30 somethings.

Years
    Every age group has its nice and rotten people, I don't think there's any one group that's "Nicer", at least from my experience.

Years
    The older someone is the more prejudices they likely have, but also the more considerate of others they tend to be.
    The younger someone is the fewer prejudices they likely have, but the less considerate of others they tend to be.

I think it kinda cancels out. An old person making an unknowingly racist or sexist comment toward you is about as nice an experience as a young person who obliviously leaves a big mess in the clothing store that you have to clean up after.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm inclined to say the younger generations would be nicer, owing to the steady improvement of childrearing and decline of religious belief over the past century.

If there was no external influence on kids other than them being provided with what they needed to survive, they'd be feral. Not necessarily kind or unkind really. Sure, they might try to eat you. But they've got no particular moral code? It'd be an interesting but cruel experiment.
    I think there was such an experiment done with a group of about 10 children around the years 1880-1920, but I don't know anything else about it. Did find this though; may be of some interest.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't think one group is superior to others, but I guess in my time on earth, I'd say the more pleasant group of people I've dealt with personally are those aged 20-35. I think by this point in our lives, we're coming to find ourselves more (it never really stops, but I think this is one of the more pinnacle points) and figure out our beliefs and come to be more accepting and tolerant of differences. That and some people in this age group are more uncaring about what others do. Not uncaring like they hate everyone, uncaring as in like..."I don't care if you like x or y" kind of deal.

But generally, I don't think you can pinpoint an age group that's nicer or meaner than the other. That's just my own personal observation and I don't speak for everyone in the world, haha. People young and old can change for better or for worse, so that's important to keep in mind. :)

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    This is a silly question. Every age group has nice people and every age group has mean people. Childrearing and religion have nothing to do with how nice or mean someone is. I know people with terrible parents who are very nice, and I know some atheists and agnostics who are bigots.

I feel like old people get a bad rep. Even though there's a lot of old people who are bigots, there's also a lot of old people who aren't bigots. My best friend's great-grandmother who lived to be 106 was actually a pretty tolerant person. She didn't have a problem with the fact that I'm Muslim. On the contrary, I've met young people who were more bigoted than any old person. I just keep in mind that we'll all be old one day and young people will be complaining about us. I mean, when we're old we're definitely going to be different from the people who are old now.

Last edited:
    Back