• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Bands/Singers do You Like the Most?

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Pendulum, The Prodigy, Rage Against the Machine, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, also some Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest and Pantera.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've been listening to Cee-lo Green album, "Lady Killer" it's pretty awsome.

I've been listening to a lot of Keri Hilson too.

Years
    Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    If you are looking for every western style of music, listen to them. They've basically done it all.

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I like Eye Set to Kill, Flyleaf, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, American Rejects, Paramore, Creed, Linkin Park and many other rock band.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Paramore
    Hey Monday
    All Time Low
    The Cab
    Good Charlotte
    Josh Groban
    Rihanna
    Far East Movement
    3OH!3
    Yellowcard
    Lady Gaga
    2PM/AM
    4minute
    After School
    BEAST

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    My Chemical Romance - I completely revolutionised my musical tastes over the last year or so, and "Welcome tthemo the Black Parade" got me into them. I bought their latest album "Danger Days: The True Lives of The Fabulous Killjoys" and I love it. Especially bit where he says "This is Dr. Deaf Defying, signing off" and then the US national anthem plays, before getting some weird distortion at the end. I generally like the album though, even though only "Sing", "Bulletproof Heart" and "Na na na" stood out as tracks on their own. I loved it how "Vampire Money" only came into existence because they don't like Twilight.

Mumford & Sons are another band I like at the moment, particularly some of the less-popular songs like "Thistle and Weeds", although you can't argue that "Little Lion Man" isn't good.

Muse are possibly my favourite band overall. I bought "The Resistance" because I'd heard of them, and loved it. However my favourite songs are probably "Hysteria", "Starlight", "Knights of Cydonia" and "Glorious". They haven't really made something I really hate though, except the bit where he sings in French.

Busted and McFly are favourites too. I own both of their debut albums (lost the CD from my second Busted album), and generally like them. I mean, c'mon who doesn't like "Year 3000"??

I'm an exceedingly music-oriented person though, so I'm going to stop here, maybe continue this later. However I must point out I also like The Killers, Shinedown, Biffy Clyro, 30 Seconds to Mars, Paolo Nutini and Mgmt.

I have been listening to a lot of singles recently, as well as albums, i.e. "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate or "Ooh Ahh" by Grits.

Yeah, I have such varied tastes I'm going to stop now before it turns into an essay.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Oh dear oh dear. If anyone posts a list again, I'm going to crack like a...cracker...at christmas time...FAIL. Anyway, refrain from simply posting a list, this is not Other Trivia, so this thread should be full of discussion and not just a list of your favourite bands and then leave it at that, you must elaborate or relate to other posts. If there's so much as one more list post, I will be closing this thread.

For me, I quite like The xx as a band. Recently they have fallen into quite a lot of success and fame, whereas when I had started liking them they were a rather small and modest band. Regardless of this, their rise to fame was rapid with their first album release which was "xx", fantastic piece of work, as was the extended version with bonus songs.

For composers I'm very much into Ludovico Einaudi's work, I can't get over his album Le Onde. For me, he is at the forefront of minimalist contemporary classic solo piano work.

Years
    'After The Burial' have really grown on me recently to the point of listening to them all the time! Haha.

I highly highly HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who likes their heavy rock/metal with amazing solos!​

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I strongly dislike rap and most mainstream rock that came out after 2000. Being a musician, I'm pretty picky. Since I'm apparently prohibited to post a list, I'm just going to say that I mainly listen to 60's rock, as well as some 70's.

The Beatles are probably the biggest influence on my music. They've recorded in almost every genre, and they have a golden legacy behind them. I'm also a huge Stones fan as well. Dire Straits, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Cream, and more have also influenced my music.

That only scratches the surface of what I listen to regularly, though.

Last edited:

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
    Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Incubus, Mute Math, Seether, Staind, Coheed & Cambria, Submersed, Godsmack, 30 Seconds to Mars, Kinds of Leon, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Silversun Pickups, RED, 10 Years, Linkin Park, Five Finger Death Punch, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Massive Attack, Maroon 5, Snow Patrol.

And many, many more. Those are some of my all-time favorites.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    There are so many great musicians!

The Beatles (obviously)
    The Beach Boys
    David Bowie
    Doctor John
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Frank Sinatra
    Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
    Franz Ferdinand
    Hall and Oats
    John Cale (one of my top choices)
    Queen
    They Might Be Giants

I like mostly older music but I stay open minded about current music. However, I see current mainstream music as a novelty that isn't to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I've liked so many artists, but only two of 'em inspires me, and I think this will answer the title's question "the most".. The two artist that I am talking about are Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne, they both serve as a very important inspiration for me. It's like their songs are part of my daily experiences, love, success, failures, criticisms, and such. They help me learn more about me, myself, and to be confident and stronger. That's what they wanna tell us, music is not just music, but music is feelings, they have messages which are very important.

Back