• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Bands/Singers do You Like the Most?

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    (as an aside: not spamming this subforum, just insomnia)

I'm all over black, death, doom, and thrash metal - typically the pioneers or second waves rather than the latest stuff, although there are exceptions. Also into some random Balkan punk mostly around Croatia & Slovenia, and Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli. Other than that I'm obnoxiously close-minded - get those clean vocals away from me, kthx

Black metal.. Azaghal, Carpathian Forest, Darkthrone, Bathory, 1349, Orcustus, Tsjuder, Taake, etc. Phlegmy vocals and hatred: gotta love it

Death metal.. well, Death, obviously; Dismember, Entombed, Pestilence, Obituary, Carcass, etc

Doom/thrash.. Electric Wizard (props to the dude who's mentioned it), Eyehategod, Candlemass, etc then Kreator, Krisiun, early Metallica, Hellhammer.

..I see current mainstream music as a novelty that isn't to be taken seriously.

Hah! Very diplomatic. I agree though I wouldn't have been so kind in my phrasing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My favourites include Imogen Heap, Mindless Self Indulgence, Metric, Tegan and Sara, Utada Hikaru, City and Colour, Florence + the Machine, Janelle Monáe, and Patrick Wolf, among others. I love discovering new (or old) bands, so this list changes frequently.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    My favorite band would have to be Sum 41. I discovered their music by accident when I was 12, and I have been in love with them ever since. Their music just rocks my heart <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    The most? There's a lot of them actually, but I am really a hardcore fan of Gaga as well as Britney Spears.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Here are my favorite six, in no particular order

Anberlin - Stephen Chrisitan is so hot. And he's got a great voice
    Green Day - Kind of obvious. Billie Joe Armstrong is hot, too
    Bullet For My Valentine - Simply but: an AMAZING band
    Three Days Grace - Adam Gontier is love
    Breaking Benjamin - Their music is different in an awesome way
    Papa Roach - Jacoby Shaddix has a sexy name with even sexier hair. =D

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    My favorite bands:

• Insomnium
    • Lamb of God
    • Disturbed
    • Pantera
    • Tool
    • A Perfect Circle
    • Godsmack
    • Metallica
    • Megadeth
    • Amon Amarth
    • Dimmu Borgir
    • Black Sabbath
    • Ozzy Osbourne
    • Alice in Chains
    • Nirvana
    • Rage Against The Machine
    • Dio
    • Dethkolk
    • Forever in Terror
    • Slipknot
    • System of a Down
    • Tenacious D
    I like pretty much anything metal, and I'd have to say my favorite singer is David Dramen from Disturbed.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    My Chemical Romance. They are my favorite band ever for so many different reasons.

I list to tons of bands/artists but my other top favorite bands include:

Leathermouth
    New London Fire
    Pencey Prep
    Gallows
    E For Explosion
    Otep
    Bob Dylan
    A Day To Remember

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    I like today's artists such as Gaga, I think she is a very inspiring and honest person unlike other artists who suck up fame.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I have a long list and wide range of favorite musicians, so I can never just pick one or two. My favorites are always changing but a few that stick out at the top that haven't really changed much would be: Muse (which has been my favorite band since around 2004/2005ish), The Veronicas (favorite pop music), Flyleaf, Justin Timberlake, and Paramore. Of course there's plenty of others I enjoy but I think these are my favorites.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Gaga is absolutely my number 1 fave. So brilliant and inspiring and artistic. :)

Secondaries are... Kesha, Rihanna, Jessie J, Avril and Bruno Mars

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    Yoko Kanno is a goddess, but she's not really a band or a singer... So I guess The Seatbelts.

I also like B.o.B., Metric, Globus, The Silversun Pickups, Switchfoot, Sonata Arctica, and Rise Against.

Years
    Hmmm, I don't really have a favourite, but I could tell you what I really really like listening to. I'll create sections of the level of favouritism of my music. Primary would mean those whose music I usually/always listen to. Secondary section is where all those singers/bands that I sometimes listen. That also means I don't really like some of their other songs. Tertiary is for the ones that are close to losing interests, getting bored, used-to-listen. They're music doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. Another special category is the One-Time Favourite. It's for those singers who's single hit I like a lot.

Primary
    I'm a big fan of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry. I'm also another crazy fan of Sara Bareilles, especially for her new album, Kaleidoscope Heart. XD I've also been touched by Pink's Raise Your Glass and F*****' Perfect. The latter was written by her to address the current issue on teen depression and self-cutting.

Secondary
    I often listen to Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez. I have David Archuleta's and Pixie Lott's albums but don't always listen to them nowadays. Fefe Dobson is another singer, who every now and then, makes me like her songs. Train's Hey Soul Sister and If It's Love used to be on my most played charts, but now it has quieten down. Hopefully it doesn't get demoted to tertiary. :3

Tertiary
    Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey and Usher have all bored me now. Lady Gaga is getting to noisy and ear-aching. Ke$ha's getting outdated and so is Mariah Carey. Usher hasn't been heard since OMG. But since I don't really like rap and hip hop, they all bore me. :/

One-Time Favourite
    1. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. -Always love this song whenever I listen to it.
    2. Boy Who Murder Love by Diana Vickers. -Another one of those cute catchy songs, so high...^^"
    3. Remedy by Little Boots. -Occasionally I hum its tune. :)

I might update my choices sometime in the future, whenever you hear a big single hit or any of the singers mentioned positively earlier, you can bet it might end up here. xD

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
    Years
    I have a long list and wide range of favorite musicians, so I can never just pick one or two. My favorites are always changing but a few that stick out at the top that haven't really changed much would be: Muse (which has been my favorite band since around 2004/2005ish), The Veronicas (favorite pop music), Flyleaf, Justin Timberlake, and Paramore. Of course there's plenty of others I enjoy but I think these are my favorites.

I love you.

I listen to various styles and artists. Most of the time, I have only one song off an artist. However, there are some that I particularly love, such as :

Muse (My fav too, but only since early 2008)
    Daft Punk
    Florence + The Machine
    Yuki Kajiura
    The Presets
    Metric
    Paramore
    Imogen Heap/Frou Frou
    Ladyhawke
    Blue October
    Poets of The Fall
    Roisin Murphy

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
    Metallica is awesome. I like System of a Down, Twisted Sister, AC/DC, Pantera, Anthrax, Megadeth and Drowning Pool. Currently, my favorite band is Rammstein. If you do not know what Rammstein is, you don't know jack**** about metal.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Favorite band is Kings of Leon, easily. Love every song they've ever put out and every album they've ever put out.
    Favorite individual singer... I dunno. I love Bob Dylan, but if rappers count as singers, Eminem would be my favorite.

Years
    Chevelle, A Perfect Circle, Rise Against, Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Red, etc are some of my top favorites, although I have many others in that genre of Alt rock/Nu metal/Hard Rock. I'll listen to anything by them. Rise Againsts' new album in absolutely incredible by the way, I highly recommend.

Back