• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Bands/Singers do You Like the Most?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh god, not Taylor Swift!
    Actually, I liked Love Story when I first heard it. But I've kinda evolved away from that the way my tastes have developed.

Just thought I'd throw it in here that I really like Wilder (said that in my blog xD), The Wombats, The Pigeon Detectives and Air Traffic at the moment. Admittedly they're all very similar, but they're a good example of how British Indie Rock is really brilliant, if under-appreciated.

saint paxton

Wat it do baby boo~
    Years
    I love chillwave (Washed Out, Small Black, Activechild, Millionyoung, Blackbird Blackbird, Toro y Moi, Memory Cassette, Memory Tapes, etc.)
    & hip hop (P.O.S., Cecil Otter, Brother Ali, Sage Francis, Donnis, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, WEEZY~, etc.)
    & other assorted electronic things (CocoRosie, Broadcast, HEALTH, Grizzly Bear, Björk, Crystal Castles, Beach House, Radiohead, Portishead, Pictureplane, Perfume Genius, Ladytron, etc.)
    & some heavy stuff. (Big Business, the Melvins, Jucifer, Thrones, Sleep, Electric Wizard, etc.)
    I also LOVE Lady Gaga and Ke$ha. :>

This is not directed at anyone. Idk if anyone even feels this way here, it's just an observation~:
    Imo, rap is one of the most misunderstood and unappreciated genres. I know that people will always have their preferences, but it bothers me when people say that they dislike all rap, when they really have no intention of giving it a chance just because it's rap. ("no no i did give it a chance i hate all of it" = you didn't give it a chance at all. listening to a few songs on the radio/in your friend's car doesn't count as giving it a chance.) Like, obviously there's a lot of rap that's just super lame/stupid/vulgar/unpleasant, but that doesn't speak for the entire genre. Some hip hop artists have really smart rhymes and pretty decent beats, but I think that some people are either completely closed-minded about it, or simply refuse to admit it. I realize that some people just legitimately don't like it; it's not for them, and that's fine. It's not all about *****s/drugs/guns. I'm not trying to push it on anyone or anything, I just think it's sad.
    /hi.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    To be honest I love so many bands that I can't really write them all down but, there are many I do like. I have to say Avril Lavinge has been a big hit for me, her songs are amazing. She puts in so much emotion and they have so much meaning to them I really love her songs, espcially the fact that sometimes, I can relate to them unlike some. But I don't mind not being able to relate but it's just so, hm, comforting I suppose to be able to relate to a song. Then there has to be good ol' Jamiroquai, there is no real reason why I love his music, mostly my mother's influence, but I have to say he is such a fantastic singer, I love his songs to pieces.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This is not directed at anyone. Idk if anyone even feels this way here, it's just an observation~:
    Imo, rap is one of the most misunderstood and unappreciated genres. I know that people will always have their preferences, but it bothers me when people say that they dislike all rap, when they really have no intention of giving it a chance just because it's rap. ("no no i did give it a chance i hate all of it" = you didn't give it a chance at all. listening to a few songs on the radio/in your friend's car doesn't count as giving it a chance.) Like, obviously there's a lot of rap that's just super lame/stupid/vulgar/unpleasant, but that doesn't speak for the entire genre. Some hip hop artists have really smart rhymes and pretty decent beats, but I think that some people are either completely closed-minded about it, or simply refuse to admit it. I realize that some people just legitimately don't like it; it's not for them, and that's fine. It's not all about *****s/drugs/guns. I'm not trying to push it on anyone or anything, I just think it's sad.
    /hi.

Well, I guess it's probably counted as Hip-Hop, I like Chipmunk and some of Eminem's work.

I find stuff by 50 Cent and all those weirdos who made sure they were shot 100 times before they could start their careers to be awful. But some of it's alright, thankfully, as a lot of it ends up on the radio :)

Oh, also, you have a good point. Hence why I copy/pasted the entire quotation :)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    To be totally honest, I really only listen to Glee, sounds sad I know, but the singers in that show are just to good. :o
    But I'd be lying if I said I didn't listen to anything else.
    I listen to Kylie a lot along with Ke$ha, The Saturdays; along with Pixie lott and a few others as well :D I really dislike anything that isn't Pop/R n B, I'll also listen to showtunes as well, Its nice to have knowledge on old music as well :)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Saturdays are hot

Well, did you know by listening to Glee you are being exposed to such genres as rock(Gives you Hell, for example)? People probably think your music sounds very streamlined, but it'll be varied in a way :P

Oh.My.God. I wrote a message about Glee without criticising it. Complete. Mindf***.

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
    I am possibly the most varied person you will ever meet (or not meet in pretty much all of your cases) in terms of musical taste. The only genre I strongly dislike is mainstream R&B. Back when it was actually worth listening to I listened to it, yet nowadays, too much dance/pop elements mixed in, along with the fact that its the only thing I ever hear on the radio.

Rant over, here are a few of my favourite bands/artists:

Aqualung
    Ash
    The Beatles
    The Bluetones
    Blur
    Café Tacuba
    Coldplay
    The Coral
    The Cure
    Del Amitri
    Dinosaur Jr.
    Elbow
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Feeder
    The Flaming Lips
    Fleet Foxes
    Flight Of The Conchords (classified as a band?)
    Foo Fighters
    The Jam
    Jamiroquai
    Jet
    Jim Noir
    Kasabian
    Keane
    The Killers
    Kings Of Leon
    The La's
    Lenny Kravitz
    Less Than Jake
    Manic Street Preachers (literally most awesome band ever)
    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Milburn
    Muse
    New Radicals
    Oasis
    Oh No! Oh My!
    Radiohead
    Reel Big Fish
    Sébastien Tellier
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    The Smiths
    Stereophonics
    The Stone Roses
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Super Furry Animals
    Toploader
    The Twang
    Ween
    Wilco

...and that's just a few.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The Saturdays are hot

Well, did you know by listening to Glee you are being exposed to such genres as rock(Gives you Hell, for example)? People probably think your music sounds very streamlined, but it'll be varied in a way :P

Oh.My.God. I wrote a message about Glee without criticising it. Complete. Mindf***.

They are, aren't they.

For some reason I'll like the Glee covers and not the originals. D: So I know I'm listening to Rock. Like as you mentioned Gives you Hell, is put way differently in the show than the actual song.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Three Days Grace is my favourite band right now. As for singers I am quite liking Bruno Mars right now :)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I'm into the post-hardcore scene, kinda'. Not sure if you guys are familiar with bands like Saosin, Envy on the Coast, Underoath, Typecast, Dance Gavin Dance, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, among with others. These bands are the kind of genre I mostly listen to, I also listen to other genres, but not as much. It all depends on what mood I am, I could be listening to The Beatles and in the next hour to Drake, Kid Cudi.

Indeed it's hard to find good music for me these days. At the moment I'm following this band that is working on an EP called Curses formed with members Drop Dead Gorgeous, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Dreamer, and Taken By History. Paul Rose the vocalist, is one the best vocalists out there on the scene right now along with Anthony Green and Johny Craig IMO.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I saw some people write bright eyes, coldplay and arctic monkeys, cheers to you!

Just to name a few favorites...

Arcade fire
    Arctic monkeys
    As tall as lions
    Brand new
    Bright eyes
    Cake
    Cold war kids
    Coldplay
    Florence and the machine
    Matt & Kim
    MGMT
    Mumford & Sons
    Muse
    Oasis
    Phoenix
    Ra ra riot
    Rooney
    Safteysuit
    The script
    The shins
    The strokes
    Snow patrol
    Spoon
    The temper trap
    Vampire weekend
    Weezer
    White rabbits
    Wolfmother
    Yeah yeah yeahs
    30 seconds to mars

Just a few favorites...

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    At the moment I am in love with the band Simple Plan at the moment. Cant wait till they release their 4th album. My favourite band of all time is Skillet. Hopefully some people know this band, as I know no one in my area who knows this band. They are Christian Hard Rock, but they are way better than you would think.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    Journey
    David Bowie
    Foreigner
    Queen
    Styx
    Billy Joel
    Boston
    Fleetwood Mac
    Heart
    The Who
    Bee Gees
    Led Zeppelin
    Tom Petty & the Heart Breakers

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I like so many that there is no way I can list them all, but here is a few I really like.

Aaron Tippin
    Abba
    Alabama
    Alan Jackson
    Dixie Chicks

Thats a small list of what comes to mind at least for English language music.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    my favorite band would have to be The Cruxshadows.
    some others that i like would be the cure, london after midnight, wednesday 13, murderdolls and marilyn manson

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I only have a small selection of Singers and Bands I like:
    Wham!
    Queen
    Guns N' Roses
    George Michael
    Elton John
    Pink
    Black eyed Peas
    Bruno Mars
    Craig David
    B.O.B
    Europe
    JLS
    Electric Light Orchestra

and that's about it.

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Hmmm...really small list at the moment...I have only 2 favourites...

Yukari Tamura and Nana Mizuki

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I could have sworn I posted here :P

Anyway, I can listen to just about anything happily granted I can understand the singer. So any heavy death metal where all I hear are pitchy screams is a no. I like songs/artists from all genres: rock, country, pop, foreign, indie, and classical :)

however, my main favorites that I listen to a lot are:

Aerosmith
    Guns n' Roses
    Motley Crue
    Explosions in the Sky
    Rilo Kiley
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    The Beatles

Back