• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i eventually figured out how to beat Whitney (fighting types)
    it was Morty i always had trouble with- then i decided to stock up on awakenings and potions- easy win

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Whitney's Miltank was a huge pain, It took me like 3 days to beat it.
    But Pryce as well. Not so much the battle as the puzzle in the gym! Ugh! So annoying!

troselly

king newb. lol.
    Years
    For me it was Jasmine. Drowzee helped me beat Whitney (hypnosis is very helpful lol) and also helped me beat Claire. Ice punch = awesomeness lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Whitney's Miltank... ouch.

But when I tried not to evolve Chikorita, Bugsy was a tough one too.

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG HER ROLLOUT EVEN KILLED MY ONIX, IT TOOK ME 10+ TRIES TO BEAT HER! AND THAT CLEFAIRY WITH METRONOME, ONE TIME IT DID HYPER BEAM!

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    For me, hands down it was Clair...That Kingdra *rage* Whitney gave me a hard time once or twice, I wanted that Miltank to DIE. D:<

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Falkner, the only trainer who was a decent level for that point in time, so I couldn't 1HKO it. Every single Gym leader on this game was pathetic except for BLUE. At least BLUE made me use a single item.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    whitney wasnt to hard at all...i just used a machop to do work on her miltank. i had a problem with morty...my feraligator= failure to piloswine

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Whitney, even though i killed them all every time, as when I didn't train I had heaps of trouble with it.

TaoBoa

Indigenous to Nowhere
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    Whitney and her rollout-ing Miltank. I swear I could probably recite the dialogue before and after you battle her because I've done it so many times. O_o

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    whitney was definitely a pain with her damned miltank. but at first i also found it hard to beat jasmine and her steelix.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back