• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the best Internet Browser in your opinions?

Which Internet Browser is the Best?

• Total voters

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
Years
  • I used to have Firefox but it wouldn't let me log into some gaming websites, so I switche dover to IE 7. Then I got tired of opening AIM manually, so I went back in time and busted out my AOL!

maybe you just didn't have right plugins installed for firefox.. it these sites were made in flash you should install the appropriate plugin first..

Enperuto

Lurking Connoisseur
    Years
  • IE renders a bunch of (X)HTML horribly... (i.e. li:hover {display: block} ) Futhermore, Firefox has tons of functionality, add-ons, and has a lightweight feel. Plus it has spellcheck. Both Firefox and Opera can change stylesheets from their menus (View > Page Style > ________(style choice)_____) if their are multiple options. Basically Firefox and Opera pwn IE. I prefer Firefox, though I use Opera on occasion.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • He's right about that. It's all I use too as for why schools and businesses us IE, I think it's just because it's there. They don't want to download something better I guess.

urban_guerrilla

Two-tone Panther
    Years
  • Hey guys! What do you think of Firefox 3? Beta 5 is coming soon.. :)

Firefox 2 sucked a little (just a little) on Linux because of a few things it was missing (like proper GTK (ie. theme) integration), but I still used it over browsers like epiphany because it offered features that the competition couldn't match. Firefox 3 is so very very much better though. It really is such an improvement. I've been using it since beta 3 first came out - in fact I'm still on beta 3 because it works perfectly* - and it pwns its predecessor.

*Well, mostly. Certain complex flash sites crash, but that's Adobe's fault, and the GTK integration isn't perfect yet (I still had to mess with userChrome.css to get my OS theme working right), but that's nothing, really.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Flock > Firefox > Opera > Others

For those of you who don't know, Flock is a Mozilla Firefox based web browser specially made for social networking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Whoever voted IE, has obviously never used any other browsers in their life before... ¬_¬

noobs. FF ftw.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I have both FF and IE (I think 7... or whatever the newest or second newest one is) and I think FF is far better. IE still crashes on me, IE still has probs, and so on and so on. And true FF will lock up every now and then. But over all FF is better. FF feels faster, and you gotta love all the add-ons it has. So, it's FF for me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Firefox 2.0
    My favourite browser is Firefox. It's my main because of the extensions. There are so many of them and I use a lot in my daily browsing. Using Firefox on someone else's computer just doesn't feel the same as it isn't customized. Mine is pretty slow at times and it freezes up every so often. I assume it's one fo my extensions but I haven't had the chance to check it out yet. Even so, I prefer this over any other browser. It's great for simple browsing and if you really need a power browser, it's a great first choice.

Opera
    I've been using this browser a fair amount lately too. My favourite part of it is definitely the "Quick Links" or whatever whenever you open a new tab. I also love being able to define a search in the search bar. I can customize it so that when I type "d word" it'll look up the word via dictionary.com. It comes with a lot of great built-in features, but it still lacks the extensions that Firefox has. It does have some add-ons, but they're more for fun than useful. The only one I installed that has a point is the Twitter extension and I don't even use it. I can't use this as my main browser simply because it's not as customizable and I find it hard to navigate. (Basically it's great, but the keystrokes are very different from Firefox and I couldn't get my ctrl+click to open a new tab so... I literally can't switch to it for that reason. <_<)

Safari (for Windows)
    I haven't used this browser as much as any other browser, but when iTunes "updated" and left the icon for this on my desktop... I figured I might as well give it a shot. I really like the browser. It's very fast, it renders things quite well, and it's very similar to Firefox as far as keystrokes go. It's not too customizable, but considering I won't use it as a main browser, that's okay. It goes above and beyond what I want from IE when I need to use a different browser so I'm content. The only qualm I really have with it is that it uses the Mac's native font-smoothing technology. I'm sure that looks great on an Apple computer, but it looks retarded in Windows. They should use ClearType for font smoothing--not their own. As a result, EVERYTHING looks bolded in Safari and bolded fonts don't stand out as much. You kiiiind of get used to it after you use it for a bit, but everything still looks weird. They should change that.

Internet Explorer
    If you haven't noticed by now, I'm displaying these in the order of best to worst for me. Internet Explorer, while better than its previous incarnations, still sucks. It might be okay for some people, but I can't stand using it. I don't like how it looks anymore, the tabs--while I'm thankful they're there--are annoying. The beta for the next browser also bothers me since it renders everything COMPLETELY different. They need to really work on their markup and copy the other browsers in the sense that standards should be kept. When I can get coding to look perfect in Firefox, Opera and Safari and then have it fall apart completely in IE... well, it's very frustrating. Just because Microsoft has the upper hand in the sense that more people use IE as the default simply because they don't know any other browsers is no excuse for IE. They're losing share to Firefox and MS needs to shape up and get IE up to standards. Apparently it has add-ons but I can't be bothered to go look at them since I only used IE as a secondary browser. Now Opera & Safari have that honour and IE is just there to remind me how much I hate it when I go to test compatibility in my HTML/CSS code.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Firefox hands down it is the best browser. I remember saying to myself I didn't like Firefox because the way it looks(still using IE 6.0 at the time). But then I started using Firefox when I got cable internet(my brother suggested that I use Firefox), and never went back to IE ever again. And I like the plugins and security. I feel safe using Firefox, even now it is lagging(only because I need more RAM, it isn't that bad). It is the best one all around the internet. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    My favourite browser is FF, Although I did try to install an add-on one time and all my other add-ons stopped working, and now I can't delete them or try re-installing FF -.-

Anyway, I despise IE because it so insecure, it is very slow, and it doesn't have a download manager ;)

Opera
    I've been using this browser a fair amount lately too. My favourite part of it is definitely the "Quick Links" or whatever whenever you open a new tab. I also love being able to define a search in the search bar. I can customize it so that when I type "d word" it'll look up the word via dictionary.com. It comes with a lot of great built-in features, but it still lacks the extensions that Firefox has. It does have some add-ons, but they're more for fun than useful. The only one I installed that has a point is the Twitter extension and I don't even use it. I can't use this as my main browser simply because it's not as customizable and I find it hard to navigate. (Basically it's great, but the keystrokes are very different from Firefox and I couldn't get my ctrl+click to open a new tab so... I literally can't switch to it for that reason. <_<)

If you want to define something just go on Google and type:

define:word/phrase here

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Firefox.

It's just pwn, but the only thing that sucks is every time you update it, it deletes your bookmarks.

Back