• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is worse?

pkmin3033

For me, it's physical pain. I have an extremely low pain threshold and find it difficult to distract myself when in pain. When something that could cause emotional difficulties confronts me, I just switch off and become an indifferent corpse for a bit. Physical pain is extremely hard for me to block out, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2015
    I don't remember experiencing physical pain that was really really bad, I guess I've been lucky or something. But I am sure both can be really devastating. Physical pain can probably be more intense in the moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I can't imagine what would be emotionally painful; there's no inherent need to feel any way about anything or be affected in any particular way. Having said that, I don't think I am sufficiently knowledgeable to answer the question.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    For me, it's physical pain. I have an extremely low pain threshold and find it difficult to distract myself when in pain. When something that could cause emotional difficulties confronts me, I just switch off and become an indifferent corpse for a bit. Physical pain is extremely hard for me to block out, though.

We're pretty much complete opposites! x)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It differs for everyone. For me emotional hurts more, in most cases physical injuries can be healed. But emotional and mental health on the other hand... It can be out of control.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    I have experienced both on a high level and they are both hard for different reasons. Physical pain can get so consistent and bad that is actually brings on emotional pain, and emotional pain can go on so long or come on so strong it inflicts physical pain. When I am very upset emotionally, my neck and head hurt so bad I almost black out. I have also cried pretty bad when being in pain and sick because I just couldn't stand having it go on another day. Does that make sense?

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
    Emotional pain is worse (atleast for me). It can be hard to move it on, it can take days, weeks, months. Also depression can lead to suicidal thoughts. Physical pain will only last for some couple of time.

Back