• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Pokemon game and why?

Which is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Emerald. It improved upon my first game, ruby, was the first time I ever owned a johto starter, rebattling gym leaders was a HUGE plus and fun, introduced me to the battle frontier and a lot of johto pokemon, loved the plot (and catching kyogre and groudon at higher levels). I could just go on and on. Emerald was the best pokemon game that I've ever played. I'd rank Ruby after it and then Pearl.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm surprised Emerald is so highly rated. @_@ It was good compared to R/S but I thought that whole gen was pretty unimpressive (just to me, apparently) overall.

Anyway, my favourite is Diamond. After Gen 3 I was really waning in the fandom. I didn't really like Pokemon much and if they'd continued on the path I thought Gen 3 was taking it, I was ready to drop the series for good. But Diamond renewed my faith, I've played it more than any of the other games (quite possibly combined!) and it brought me Cherrim which redefined the Pokemon fandom for me. So it'll always hold a special place in my heart. :D

moraq06

am I genius? or lucky?
    Years
  • well, I think GSC is the best, because it's revolutionary
    it has great improvement from the 1st gen
    it introduce animation and pokegear which become basic features for new pokemon game
    it has two region, remembering the past
    and fight against Red is amazing

GSC is cool generation
    I like emerald too,but I don't like R/S because its font is 'weird'

mysticjoshgaming

mr awesome guy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    white because zekrom is epic as well as reuniclus. goth girl and reshiram look kinda srange

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Fire red, Ruby, and Pearl.

Firered is my favorite cause it was my first game
    Ruby I just bought off ebay and I'm lovin it...
    Pearl cause I loved it's use of the upgraded graphics of the Ds

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My favorite pokemon game is Platinum because I like how the map for it is layed out. I also like the pokemon in that game.

Nameless.

White, PMD series, Platinum, Pokepark and HGSS. I love all of these games to death. <3

White was an amazing game, though I didn't finish it all the way, I'm already perfectly happy about it.
    The features are awesome, the gameplay is awesome, the Pokemon are awesome, the region is amazing and the storyline is awesome. :D

PMD series is a serious grace to the franchise. That storyline and the way the dungeons work are the most delicious thing. Playing as a Pokemon really helped me in keeping my attention on the franchise.
    I hope they make a new PMD with Unova Pokemon. <33

Platinum's storyline and it's legendaries. There is nothing more to say.

Pokepark, omg. I did not expect it to be as fun as it was when I played through. The environments/zones are absolutely breathtaking and gorgeous. The childish way the friend system works, the skill games, and the storyline are so adorable and so fun! The battle skill game is my favorite. Real-time battle, initiating dodges whenever you want instead of relying on luck, and having to be somewhat strategic.. I hope they build on this type of scheme even further and make a really amazing game for the Wii to follow this one up. But next time, do make it so we can actually explore the area as Pokemon other than Pikachu. Not that it wasn't fun, but it's nice to have variety. Skill games are the only time you can play as other Pokemon. D;

HGSS was an awesome recreation of GSC, and though it will never match up to the original, it did a damn good job of living it up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Mine was probably LeafGreen. Since my mom wouldn't let me get a gameboy when I was really young, that was my first time to the Kanto region. And I loved every minute of it! ;P

Years
  • Well, I can't choose from all the Pokemon games there are, but my favorites would be LeafGreen and HeartGold. LeafGreen, because I just can't get enough of text box that was used in the game (I'm a complete nerd for text bars in Pokemon games T_T), I love how before you start playing the game, a little preview of what you've done last in the game is shown, and (this is a pretty stupid one) how whenever a NPC says something important, the text shows up in red instead of blue. I found that useful. :B

I like HeartGold because of the follow me feature with your Pokemon, the addition of the red text for a lowered stat, and blue text for a heightened stat due to the nature of your Pokemon, being able to travel between Kanto and Johto, the music, the storyline, and the comeback of Team Rocket.

I never got to play Emerald (only got Sapphire), and I heard that the storyline in Emerald is much better than R/S. Wish I could've played that game. =/ (Hopefully there will be remakes...)
    Oh, and if spin-offs count, then MD: EoT is also a favorite. I loved the storyline and music, and it was just overall fun to play. :3

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • My all time favorite is Emerald because it's a major upgrade from Ruby and Sapphire and I just loved the Hoenn region. Of course I haven't played BW yet so this is only my opinion of all the Pokemon games I've played which would be all of them except those two.

Back