• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Which kinds of Pokémon temporary transformations and special kinds of moves would you like the best for Pokémon BDSP?

Which kinds of Pokémon temp. transformations and special kinds of moves do you think you’d prefer

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Okay, guys. So any confirmed rumor is that Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl has finally been announced exclusively for the Nintendo Switch. For these games, we didn't know what kinds of Pokémon temporary transformations and special kinds of moves you think you'd prefer, so do you think that they're Mega Evolutions/Z-moves, Dynamaxes/Max Moves, Gigantamaxes/G-Max moves or Megamaxes/Z-Max moves (fusions of Mega Evolutions, Dynamaxes, and Gigantamaxes, Z-, Max, and G-Max Moves), or all or none of the above? Please let me know, thanks. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • None, probably. I can't imagine seeing any of these in BDSP since they stated they're trying to stay faithful to the originals, and they didn't have those mechanics. Plus it's an excuse for them not to include these things in the game, which makes it cheaper/easies to make most likely. Ideally I would've loved to at least see megas since they were awesome, but it most likely won't happen.

pkmin3033

None of the above would be nice, because I'm fed up with crappy gimmicks like this...but even as I say this, I still think Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus - ESPECIALLY Arceus - need Origin Formes like Giratina has. I think an Origin Forme Arceus would actually be the perfect way to promote Legends ahead of its release next year, it'd make a nice postgame episode, and Arceus is long overdue something like this because it's a freakin' creator deity.

I know the possibility of Mega Evolution returning for these games has been floated around based on merchandising, but I sincerely hope that is not going to happen. Amongst other things it doesn't make much sense, because Megas are a Gen VI gimmick.

Years
  • I say none too. The gimmicks are just a cash grab (though megas at least had some...thing to it I just don't know what). I have a feeling they're going to stay faithful to the originals which means no gimmicks.

To be honest, I don't think Legends Arceus will have a gimmick either. If it's feudal Sinnoh, then I don't think the gimmicks will be included. It'll probably be more based on their idea of filling up a Pokedex and then SOMETHING to do with Arceus at the end, I don't know what though.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • You should have options for just one of them. Most of the games have just a single mechanic for the main story.

I would have said only mega evos. Nothing else, it would make things complicated and won't make sense.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I want some kind of alternate super form for the Creation Legendaries, but otherwise I'm not too attached to the gimmicks. They kind of favour certain species too much imo, and disincentivises diversity in teams.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Honestly? Nothing. For once, I don't want a gimmick in a remake. Except maybe alternate forms for the box legends. But, that's likely not happening.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    If they have any of those then cynthia's togekiss is getting serene grace.

Dear Arceus we're screwed if any gets in so I vote none.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Gen 4 has always felt like the generation that main focus was Evo!utions and many Pokemon that didn't evolve did,for expample Togekiss so it be interesting to see them In some way focus on that maybe even try out new evolutions out on maybe pokemon that haven't gotten one.

Back