• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon do you refuse to evolve?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Just to refresh your mind, when a Pokémon evolves and you don't have an Everstone, you can press B to cancel it. So which Pokémon do you cancel?

I didn't let my Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolve in Yellow version, because I wanted my party to be like the anime.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't like to evolve Nidorino/rina. They're so cool looking...and then they evolve and it's just meh. :( I don't care much for stats anyway, so it's fine to just have middle evos. I don't like evolving Dragonair either. It's my favorite Dragon type. Nothing against Dragonite, but Dragonair looks a lot cooler. And if I ever had a shiny one, I would NEVER evolve it into Dragonite. ._. That thing is ugly.

I do evolve my Quilava though, I know you're all ashamed of me.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

Which Pokémon do you refuse to evolve?

As for me, I'm usually one of the biggest power > looks guys, but I will refuse to evolve a Magneton or a Lickitung. D:

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    i used to never let cyndaquil evolve back in Silver. I loved that little guy! ^_^ other than that no pokemon put on the evolution backburner.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    Let's see...

I would NEVER let my precious lickitung evolve...lickilicky is too damn ugly.
    Tangela and Budew (or whatever roselia's pre-vo is) will also never evolve, their evo's are also ugly.(Roserade is cool-looking, but I prefer budew.)
    I have many, many, many pokemon I would never evolve, but these are the only ones I could think of.

As for me, I'm usually one of the biggest power > looks guys, but I will refuse to evolve a Magneton or a Lickitung. D:
    Absolutely! Magneton too! We, like, share a brain.

Last edited:

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I've never felt the need to stop a Pokémon evolving in game, the only Pokémon I tend to stop evolving is Dragoniar, I just prefer it to Dragonite and use it on my team quite often.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Shinx family, cuz it learns moves faster before evolution. I don't evolve shinx until level 30, and I don't evolve Luxray until 50.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I did keep my Togetic on my HG from evolving for the longest time (I hate the design of Togekiss >_>) But I eventually gave in due to the ability to learn Aura Sphere and better stats...I wish I could have kept the sprite for Togetic

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I'm not one for NFE Pokemon, but I level up a Riolu to level 100 IV and EV trained, just because I like him and Lucario oh so much.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I do have to agree with those that said Lickitung. I was on the band bus last year, and my friend was in the back of the bus and shouted something about trading him a Lickylicky...no...comment. Just...ain't evolving it for...those reasons...I don't even say it's name in public. Hell, I forget that it's even a Pokemon. :B

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    In mstery dungeon I evolved my cute Venusaur(partner) into and ugly beast TTATT i feel so sorry for myself... Its so... ugly... lol its lvl 98. Cause I basically have no life.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Wait, that means there are others like me?

I didn't evolve my Quilava (well, only one. All the others are Typhlosions), my Pikachu (only because of Light Ball), and Pidgeotto (Silver Version nostalgia).

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
    Years
    I never evolve any of my Pokémon after a certain point.

That certain point is their peak evolutions.

Yeah, I always evolve. If there's moves that I miss through that, I go see the Move Tutor. And then I decide if I want those.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    The Kanto Three

Oh yeah. I forgot I will never evolve magmortar and electabuzz due to their ugly evolutions.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Actually I don't let my pokemon evolve (in general) when I wanted it to learn a specific move. I did that with my Torchic once.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    I love my Dragonair. I'll never let it evolve. I just love my Dragonair too much.

Back