• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist did you play as?

Which do you play as?

• Total voters

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
Years
  • I typically play as the boy because they are attractive and I'm straight haha but I played as Touko because of how much I look like her (almost everyone thinks so).

Katja

Years
  • Omg are their official names really...hilda/Hilbert...that's terribad.

Anyway, I always play the girl unless I think the guy is way sexy. But the pokemon men...arn't so sexy. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Had to go with the boy because always pick the boy and name him Chras. Chras always seemed like a kick butt name to me

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    I chose Hilbert, as I am a boy. However I always play as the girl in the third version games.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Male or Female, I switch (start new game) everytime I complete it!

Years
  • Omg are their official names really...hilda/Hilbert...that's terribad.

Anyway, I always play the girl unless I think the guy is way sexy. But the pokemon men...arn't so sexy. :x

Agree, TERRIBLE name. Brendan is also a name I don't like.

Gosh, I suppose you haven't seen any fanart then, hah!

Seem like many choose character after their own gender.

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
  • On my copy of White, I chose Black and vice versa for my copy of Black. I do this with just about all of my Pokemon games since it gets boring playing as the same character, at least to me anyway.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Im pretty sure pokemon is predominantly played by boys though some wtill play as girls

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I always play as the male protagonist (Hilbert, such a random name by the way) in all of my games, since I'm a guy. It would feel weird for me playing as the female protagonist.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I chose Hilda, 4 being a gurl. Though I definitely gave a name change, lord knows I'd walk around Unova with a name like that. :B

Back