• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist did you play as?

Which do you play as?

• Total voters
    Years
    The original thread died out, so I'm starting it again.

Which player character did you play as in Black or White?

Which protagonist did you play as?
    Hilbert/Touya, the male character

Which protagonist did you play as?
    Hilda/Touko, the female character

Give me your opinions and why!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I chose the female. I've actually been meaning to play as the male eventually (for nostalgia strangely, 'cause most screenshots in the lead-up period were of the main protagonist), but I haven't got around to resetting Black... :(

Then again, on every playthrough of Black so far I've been the girl, sooo chances are by next reset, I'll forget. :D

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I played as the male.
    I always play as the male character (due to always visualising the character as me)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hilbert/Touya and no one else, except for one time back in Japanese Black, where I went with Touko. Gender-bending doesn't sound quite right for me, especially when we're dealing with Voice Chat online...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I played as Hilda/Touko. Mainly, because I nearly always choose to play as the female protagonist and she's pretty cute too.

NatureKeeper

I only chose the girl in RS/DP because I wanted to correspond with the animé. In my later playthroughs of RS, I chose Brendan, but I am never choosing that big head, giant cap Lucas. Otherwise, I usually go with my gender.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I've always played as the male character because I'm a guy. This generation is no exception. That, and Hilbert/Touya/Black looks like Jaden Yuki.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I decided to pick Touya (I hate that name Hilbert) in White, and Touko in Black, I picked Touya in White mainly because I'm a boy and play white more, and I picked Touko in Black so I could experience being a girl, be a little variational.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    Well, I got Black before I got White and when I played through Black the first time, I chose Touya because I'm a guy but as soon as I got White, I decided to do what I always do and play with the female in one game and the male in the other. Right now I'm using Touya in White and Touko in Black.

Years
    I always seem to like the male character more than female, not quite sure why. I played as Black/Touya for his cool design. That "blobs" in Touko's hair just disturb me way to much. The female always get so strange hair and they always seem to annoy me, hah.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
    I play as Hilda. Before this, the only Pokemon game I've played was Red and Yellow over 12 years ago so I was quite happy to play as a character of my gender. I really like her design, too.

Back