• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I chose Mudkip in my initial run through Sapphire, and Squirtle in both my first run through Red and through Leaf Green. My very first pick was always the Water starter until Diamond (I choose Chimchar instead)

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • In every single game that I've ever owned except for Diamond (Where I picked Turtwig) and Yellow (where you were Pika-Screwed), I've picked the fire starter. Now all I have is FR and EM, with Charmander and Blaziken. After I migrate them to my Diamond, I'm going to restart and get the waters.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • For me, it was:

Ruby & Sapphire: Torchic & Treecko (respectively)
    Emerald: Torchic
    FireRed: Charmander
    LeafGreen: Squirtle

For RSE, I chose what I did, because I wasn't, and still am not, keen on Mudkip; despite the advantages it holds. Torchic was the first Fire type I chose from first playing a Generation-based game, (since Generation I & II had me choosing Squirtle and Totodile, respectively) Treecko, again, was chosen over Mudkip because of my disliking for it, and currently, I still have never used Mudkip, except for Marshtomp; its evolution, in a Battle Tent.

I obtained LeafGreen, first, and thus, continued my choice of starting with the Water type Starter, since other than Generation III, the Water type was a high-stander for me, above the other types for that Generation, but due to the different Legendary dogs you could obtain, in FR/LG, when I obtained FireRed, I chose Charmander, to obtain the next Legendary dog. (as I had obtained Raikou, from LG, and already restarted with Bulbasaur)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I've used pretty much every starter because I reset so much, but currently it's:
    Ruby-Torchic
    Sapphire-Torchich
    Emerald-Mudkip (I was able to nick name it IHerdULiek XD)
    Leaf Green-Squirtle

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Sapphire - I got all three using my bros ruby.
    Fire Red - Squirtle
    I didnt get emerald :'(

EndGame

Knower of things
    Years
  • well, it might seem weird, but i refuse to break from my habit of always picking the fire starter. which has led to man hours of level grinding before a gym, and has also led to having their final form before the third gym on at least 4 occasions.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • Fire Red- Charmander
    Leaf Green- Bulbasaur
    Emerald- Mudkip
    Saphire- Mudkip
    Ruby- Treecko.

I dont really like the others one lol :B

TeamRocketApollo

Beginning Trainer
    Years
  • I have made a group and some threads. They are about pokemon mystery dungeon 2. If you would like, come check them out.

And, I sometimes choose the fire types but on the fr/lg i chose charmander and rse- I chose torchic all the time.

Years
  • Fire Red - Bulbasaur
    Sapphire - Mudkip
    Ruby - Treecko
    Emerald - Torchic
    Spoiler:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The odd things about my choices were that the ones I originally picked turned out not to be my favourites.

So for Red, I picked Squirtle (admittedly this was the very first time I ever saw Pokémon), but now my favourite is Charmander.

For Silver (and Crystal) I chose Cyndiquil, though now I prefer Chikorita.

Ruby was the only one I got it right which was Mudkip.

So yes, my tastes appear to have changed over the years.

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Ruby - Treecko
    Sapphire - Torchic
    FireRed - Bulbasaur
    LeafGreen - Squirtle
    Emerald - Mudkip

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back