• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    I chose(one for each game) all of them. Starters are usuallly decent pokemon even if u dont like them. The only one I immediatly hated was Chimchar so that was the one i didnt chose lol.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I chose as usual the fire starter chimchar :) i just love the fire type and in the first game fire was the hardest to start with as it sucks against the 1st two gyms and isnt great against the third so i liked the challenge and after that i made it tradition :)

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    The first time I played Diamond, I chose Turtwig.

I've also played through with Piplup. (But I don't remember if I finished or just restarted xD)

I have used the other one, too, but let's pretend I didn't, because of how useless and ugly it is. :3

AleksanderU

Woohooo
    Years
    The first time I chose Turtwig, because of the Tree on Torterra's back xD
    Second time I chose piplup, because... I don't know..
    On platinum I chose chimchar and that's my favorite =)

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    In my diamond game i started with chimchar. it was kinda a random choice because i didnt really know much about any of them at the time. I think i made the right choice though, as infernape is one of my favorite fully evolved starters.
    For platinum i went with turtwig. I guess i chose him because i didnt know anyone else who did. i wanted to be different.

PK Starstorm

PKin' this joint up, yo!
    Years
    I chose Chimchar because - it's a freakin' fire monkey! ~(o3o)~

HeeeLLLooo?!?! Coolness factor ++!

(This is on my old Diamond version btw.)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm doing another run through of Pearl and my starter is Piplup.

Tsuki Neko

The Darkness that Lurks Within
    Years
    I chose Piplup pretty much most of the time. And if I didn't choose Piplup, it would be Turtwig. I never chose Chimchar. It's tooooooo weak.

~mao...

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    I chose Turtwig. He is with my caught Starly really strong duo. Now they with recently caught Azelf have lv 68 and others are only HM Slaves.

Spoiler:

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
    I chose Piplup due to its last evolution; who doesn't want a half water, half steel giant penguin at their side?

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I went with Piplup.
    I don't like Grass types very much, and Chimchar looked hideous. Piplup ended up with a really interesting type combination, and...well, penguins are awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    I always have picked the fire starter, but I really just don't Chimchar and the evolutions. So I chose Turtwig.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    Chimchar.
    I can't deal with anything that's not fast and powerful.

Piplup was a complete waste of time.
    Turtwig was just too slow and too weak to ice.

Back