• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which starters, in your opinion, is the best?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    My fiance chose Fennekin and I chose Froakie. So out of those two I would say Fennekin is better but only in my opinion because I really thought Froakies moveset was terrible.

Years
  • Chespin, even tho I haven't played I'm thinking hes the coolest heres why. His final can learn Taunt, Substitute, Spikey shield, and one other attack (Your choice) making this Awesome for Comp due to using taunt (make sure you havefocus band) and then next turn you use spikey shield forcing them to attack (unless they are a SpAtt Battler) Then use ssubstitute. (Was thinking pain split or bellydrum) Tho I do admit I like Greninja or w.e ability.

Years
  • I've only trained Fennekin (cause it looked cute) , but looking at the moves and speed stats I'm thinking Froakie is a better choice.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Chesnaught is a complete tank, able to take hits and dish them out. Delphox and Greninja are glass cannons. I'll go with Chesnaught.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • Choose that pokemon! Your starter pokemon

Hey there!

So i created this thread for us to discuss our thouths and suggestion for the starter pokemon of KALOS REGION! ^^

So who is your starter pokemon, and why? :S

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • I chose Chespin because I don't normally use grass starters and I thought it was super cute ^_^
    But I ended up just boxing it in the PC. There were too many other cool things to use.

HUF_DBC

I chose fennekin because i really like braixen. I like to pretend that Delphox doesnt exist and that braixen is the final evo. (Delphox looks dumb in my opinion)

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I chose Froakie. I usually feel most comfortable with Water types. I tried Chespin and got it up to Glittering Cave and evolved it but then restarted. I also tried Fennekin but didn't get any further then going into Prof. Sycamore's lab for the first time. Didn't battle him, didn't get my Kanto starter, didn't evolve Fennekin. Then I chose Froakie and flew through the game. I nicknamed it Dororo since Greninja is a blue ninja-frog.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2013
    Froakie is mine ;XDD
    I almost always select the water starter so I can use the water HM moves and having no idea that it would evolve into a Dark-type with possibly the fastest Speed on my team along with Talonflame and with decent Attack and Special Attack it was very useful in many of the Gyms and owned two of the E4 members :LOL: I don't think I could do so well with Delphox or Chesnaught...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Froakie (or more specifically, Greninja) is the first water starter to really appeal to me since Swampert.

Although I love all three of then conceptually. Kalos definitely has my favorite starter trio. :

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    I chose Froakie, but ended up leaving it in a PC box once it became a Frogadier for the much more able Charmeleon.

To be fair, I did the same thing with replacing a Servine with a Magnezone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I went for Froakie, mainly because I always go for water types. It's not one of my favorite starters, but I liked it the best of the Kalos options, and it's grown on me over time. Overall, the Kalos starters are among my least favorite starters (probably second-to-last, ahead of gen 5), so I was more excited to get my Kanto starter (yay Blastoise!).

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Technically, and competitively, a physical Greninja is a bit overpowered: since you ca learn aerial ace, you can 1HKO Chesnaught as well (And King's Rock+ Waterfall is a must against Delphox). After Gen II, gen IV and gen V, yet we got another imba water-type starter :P.... least we don t have the fourth Fire/Fighting :)

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I dunno really, because they all evolve with bad defensive typings, giving them weaknesses to common attacks. I'd say Greninja is the best, because of its tad better offensive typing compared to Delphox and Chesnort, along with notably high speed and solid movepool.

Years
  • I dunno really, because they all evolve with bad defensive typings, giving them weaknesses to common attacks. I'd say Greninja is the best, because of its tad better offensive typing compared to Delphox and Chesnort, along with notably high speed and solid movepool.

But Greninja's typing doesn't mattar so much, because he got protean.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
  • Chespin (most of the Grass type love);
    Fennekin ( Fire type ( gonna be hater on this one ) );
    Froakie ( this one I like much as Chespin )

1.Chespin
    2.Froakie
    3.Fennekin

Years
  • I like them all. My favorite is Fennekin and its evolutions (Delphox is so amazing!!!!!)

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    can't say for sure... each has their own opinion... i will rate them according to my preference:

Best: Chespin
    Cool: Froakie
    Cute: Fennekin

Back