• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which team are you rooting for in the 2012 Olympic games?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    This is a post-and-go thread, not a discussion, so I'll move it to OVP.

England, by the way. Or Ireland - either is good with me.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Northern Ireland. Nah, not really. I'll go with my own country, as 99'99% of the people who will post in here XD

I'll probably only watch the Tennis, Basketball and Football events anyway.

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
    USA cuz I live here and England because of my roots.

Though lets be real, The great US of A is gonna mess ya'll other nations UP. Especially in basketball and track and field. KOBE!

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The USA, China and Russia are such large countries with such massive populations that they tend to crush all the smaller nations simply because of how many people they have to choose from.
    I'll be supporting team GB as, you know, I live there and am one but still expecting a victory for America/China/Russia

Years
    I don't root for teams, but for the athletes that seem like they really deserve to win, especially the ones who go into the games with a really great performance at some other competition and who are complete nobodies who have no money and train in run down facilities and all that. When I see someone who's got, like, 10 trainers and dieticians and massage therapists I have to think they don't deserve to win as much as others.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'm not going to be rooting for anybody for the same reason I don't root for a football team; I just don't care :P

I remember Australian news during the Olympics. People lose their **** every time somebody from Australia wins a medal and they have a tallyboard of how many gold, silver and bronze we've got and how we're doing against other countries. And every time I just think... "who cares?" It's a fantastic achievement in the career of the athlete, so congratulations to them and everything, but that's really it. It's not an achievement for the country to have athletes that are better than the athletes in other countries; I find that whole concept slightly ridiculous lol.

So in fact, I'll change my answer. I don't really care what team does win stuff, but I hope that it's not Australia, because when someone Australian does win I find the patriotic crap they go on with really hard to take. Also, I hope no underdogs win because the hysteria people go on with when they see an underdog win is also incredibly difficult to bear.

That came out more bitter than I intended it to lmao

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I don't like to root for my own country (France) or nation of residence (New Zealand) in any sport because then I will get far too emotionally involved and feel terrible if either of the countries lose, lol. So I prefer to root for countries like Jamaica or Liechtenstein or whatever, just because I have no emotional attachment to them at all and therefore and able to enjoy the sporting event a lot more than I would have if I rooted for France or New Zealand. So I'm following the same plan for the 2012 Olympics. I don't know which country I'll be supporting just yet, but I'm learning towards having a China vs America thing going. I can't wait to get excited about sports I have less than no interest in whenever the Olympics aren't on!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'll technically be rooting for Canada for... obvious reasons... but I don't think I like a single sport in the summer games so I don't think I'll go out of my way to try to watch any of them. I don't have TV so I'd have to stream everything anyway and unlike the winter games, I have no desire to see these ones. I'll be proud of our athletes if they perform well and if they don't... I probably won't notice at all. :P

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
    Canada! And... I think I'll only be interested in the swimming sports
    CANADA FTW! Them and USA are my two faves, because of living in USA currently and growing up in Canada... so hopefully they do well. Sadly, they only normally get anything in the winter games. Though I will watch EVERYTHING, being the sports junky that I am. Hehe...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

CANADA FTW! Them and USA are my two faves, because of living in USA currently and growing up in Canada... so hopefully they do well. Sadly, they only normally get anything in the winter games. Though I will watch EVERYTHING, being the sports junky that I am. Hehe...
    I don't like watching sports, but I enjoy watching the Olympic games.

Partly because of the patriotism, but also because the bulk of televised sports is team-based. I find individual sports a lot more interesting. You compete against yourself and try to find your personal best. You push yourself to your limits and give it your very best. Golf does that, but it is long and boring to watch XD So, the little blips and snippets of individual sports I get while watching the Olympics works well enough for me

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I really like watching stuff like the Olympics, but I don't really care who wins. What really annoys me is when the British media takes it upon itself to anoint all the British athletes competing as winners already; then, when they inevitably lose, the same media turns on them and starts ridiculing incessantly. It happens at every Olympics and it really disgusts me. What's worse is that everyone's going to be going into overdrive because the Olympics are in London this year. So, I'm rooting for fun television irrespective of who wins. Boo, horrible British media. Yay, me!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The USA obviously because it's the country I'm from. Still I could care less who wins, I usually watch the Olympics cause it's entertaining and well it's sports.

Back