• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

~Assassin~

Traitors to the Creed must die
    Years
    well, i think Giratina because it keep on using shadow force on me(i think that wat they said)
    i dont hav any normal types so i use fire blast on it and caught it with a ultra ball

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
    Giratina was easy-peasy. One Quick Ball did the trick.
    Heatran was stalled while throwing Timers.
    Dialga uhh... Pokéball at yellow.
    Cresselia was surprisingly easy. I managed to do it with a Quick Ball, 3rd encounter, yellow health. Traded it away, though.
    Mesprit is annoying. Not caught yet; 8th encounter. -_-

//Kanin

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I used my friends action replay to get 999 Master Balls. So they were all equally easy.

I have no patience for catching legendary Pokemon.

i think it's one of the best things in pokemon games.

anyway, i caught dialga with 2 pokeballs and heatran i used 10 duskballs or something and giratina was'nt too hard to catch. i never tried to run up mespirit so him i guess it would be.

toile98

a mod who cant close threads
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2009
    really it took me 7 tries to get my giratina Palkia was hardest for me beacause I had to get alot of badges and get through the most of the game

Drazirak

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Heatran was frustrating I remember, I think I used a master ball on Mesprit out of annoyance.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Mesprit was the hardest one to capture. The fact that it can run away from battle makes it a daunting foe.
    good thing you can easily catch it with a masterball.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I wasted my Master Ball on Dialga, because I was going to trade with a friend, and I was at a point where I couldn't leave, so I just used it to speed up the process.

As far as hardest to catch, I'd have to say Mesprit. I'm trying to use Mean Look with Crobat to keep him in battle, but I haven't run across him yet. As far as Heatran goes, back on my old game, I caught him really easily. One hit with Surf from one of my pokemon got him in red, and then I put him to sleep with Yawn. I think I only used about 12 Ultra Balls, maybe less.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    The hardest thing for me to catch was Mespirit.
    It kept running away!
    For some reason Cresselia was easier though.

KiraIchigo

Death is only the begining
    Years
    My hardest was Giritina, I had no Masterballs and after throwing at least 40 Ultra and 15 Dusk, I caught it with a Luxury ball after throwing 10 of them.

Back