• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Whimsicott] vs Lilligant

Whimsicott or Lilligant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Lilligant, just because it actually looks like a viable pokemon rather than that annoying fluff ball people like using so much... xD From a battling background, I do enjoy using Lilligant as a sweeper - people just don't expect it. Whereas Whimsicott is pretty widely used nowadays (especially in UU) so it's incredibly easy to counter.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Whimsicott wins out competitively - there's not much contest there, especially with that Prankster set. However, I don't like its design as much. Lilligant has a certain . . . well, elegance is the only word that comes to mind, thanks to its name. It's just much prettier. I don't battle competitively, so I'm largely concerned with ingame, and Lilligant wins there. Big Root + Giga Drain (which is now broken) makes it a decent threat, plus Quiver Dance, as well as the Own Tempo + Petal Dance combo for massive damage. Give it Sleep Powder as well and it's lethal to most ingame teams. So overall, Lilligant wins by a mile.

why am i in this forum did i wander in by mistake

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2012
    So hard to choose...ugh...I think I'm going to choose Lilligant. Love 'em both to tears, though.

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
    Years
  • [Whimsicott] vs Lilligant

Whimiscott hands down for me. Prankster Whimiscott is freaking fun to use and is amazingly frustrating to oppose :l.
    Whimiscott was one of the more hyped up pokemon that has now dropped down the ranks but still is amazing to cripple opposing teams to allow my sweepers to dominate.

Whimiscott ftw!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I preferred Lilligant's design and even though it has a very shallow movepool I found something that worked for me... Petal Dance/Sleep Powder/Dream Eater/Leech Seed. Sadly, no way of trapping, but Petal Dance + Own Tempo can still tear through lots of stuff :)

As for Whimsicott... I had White version, so I never used it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I can't say I was a huge fan of either with the inception of the game. At first Whimsicott design I thought was meh, and I still feel Lilligant design is so closely related to Bellossom which seems like a lack of originality. None the less I still like both Bell and Lilligant concept. I really haven't used either in battle so I really can't say which I would prefer.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    For me it is Lilligant, for the sole reason that it is nicer-looking. Judging from the equality of the voting so far (17-17), I'd suggest that they are extremely similar and any difference is really a matter of personal preference.

But that's just me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Woah, this is a very close poll.

*crosses fingers*

Whimsicott had tied due to appearance. :\ I find him cuter. :\

Yeah, actually what seems to be (and hopefully will be) one of our closest. This is also the poll I've had most of an interest in, largely supporting Whimsicott. I think Whimsicott also might be tied because Lilligant/Petilil had a big following early on (due to a certain moderator!), whereas Whimsicott didn't, and in design, Lilligant technically wins out with the "beautiful" design, and not everyone plays competitively so chances are they aren't aware how awesome Whimsicott is, sadly.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

• Yeah, actually what seems to be (and hopefully will be) one of our closest. This is also the poll I've had most of an interest in, largely supporting Whimsicott. I think Whimsicott also might be tied because Lilligant/Petilil had a big following early on (due to a certain moderator!), whereas Whimsicott didn't, and in design, Lilligant technically wins out with the "beautiful" design, and not everyone plays competitively so chances are they aren't aware how awesome Whimsicott is, sadly.

nicely said. I've been always a huge fan of Whimsicott. He is certainly one of the great Pokemon made in generation five. Yes, sadly, the truth is upon us. Not all play compettively, and many just based favoritism on appearances, and not usability. (though, I'm not saying that Lilligant is unusable. In fatc her own tempo + petal dance combo is deadly.) It's just Lilligant has a more obvious advantage over Whimsicott.

The poll is not yet finish. Have faith brothers.

Years
  • Whimsicott. It's so FLUFFY! It also reminds me of Jumpluff, which I used to love using. I can't say I've used either, though. From a quick glance over, Whimsicott wins on the usability side of things. If Lilligant had more than just Grass offensive moves, then it might stand a chance, but it's just walled way too easily.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Whimsi mainly because of prankster but it is one of the most annoying pokemon to play against, its kinda like if you don't have one get one :)

treecko's awesomeness

Treecko Breeder
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Solely based on design, I'd have to say Whimsicott. Lilligant seems like a bit too much of a Bellossom clone.

TY

Lilligant, because of it's Ability which prevents it from Confusion.
    Useful for Petal Dance

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Lilligant because it grew on me after all these days, and I can relate to it more than Whimsicott. Petal Dance + Own Tempo is also a killer when you can get Lilligant to hit first. I know that Whimsicott can use status moves first in almost every case, but... I'm not sure whether having no direct attacks suits my style.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I went for Lilligant. They're both pretty cute, but I don't know... just something about Lilligant draws me to it more than Whimsicott. I don't use either on my team, though. My Grass-type on my team is either Maractus or Virizion.

Back