• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White House Releases President Barack Obama's Full Birth Certificate

Years
  • Amazing. I can see this getting into a long debate that reaches who knows where.

Anyway he's been president for 3 years or something like that right? 3 years that people didn't use their brain and asked for a birth certificate. If he didn't fit then he wouldn't be president for even half a year on a good case.

The birthers asked to the point that the Republican Governor of Hawaii ordered all requests for his birth certificate to be ignored.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm not one to follow politics, but to question if the President was born in the United States to me is ridiculous. If people are going to have some sort of issue with him, argue against his acts or something of importance. I don't think he would have made it three years into his presidency given the laws. To know that Trump is actually pushing for further evidence that he wasn't born in the states leaves me disappointed and unfitting of someone who has plans to run for president when the time approaches. Frankly, I was more interested in his other birth statistics than where he was born.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Gotta laugh when I'm seeing people saying, 'that's the end of that chapter,' now that the birth certificate has been revealed. It's a travesty of justice that the White House even had to disclose it to the public but what's worse is it's not going to be long before someone starts saying it was fabricated (or judging from some posts lacking citations in this very thread) going after other Obama-related documents.

Just an endless wild goose hunt.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Wait, you all know that it has been altered, right? So yeah, it's fake.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I think my thoughts are summed up by relief that this is finally out there and the hope that birthers will not be taken seriously in the future.

Years

• The birthers asked to the point that the Republican Governor of Hawaii ordered all requests for his birth certificate to be ignored.

Surely, a mature way to respond.
    I think my thoughts are summed up by relief that this is finally out there and the hope that birthers will not be taken seriously in the future.

You're more optimistic than I thought, Marin. Those retards will do practically everything to try and make a new title which falsifies Obama's right to presidency. If they actually used their brain a bit, we might not have seen things like this at all.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • You're more optimistic than I thought, Marin. Those retards will do practically everything to try and make a new title which falsifies Obama's right to presidency. If they actually used their brain a bit, we might not have seen things like this at all.

I'm not counting on abnoxious people stopping being abnoxious. I'm sort of counting on smarter people stopping taking them seriously. Stop giving them attention, let them live in their own little fantasy land. Then crush them and their baseless conspiracy theory if they ever try to pass it off as fact in a court of law.

Then again, the media probably doesn't care that it's probably the right way to go about doing things so much as they care it will get views.

Years

• I'm not counting on abnoxious people stopping being abnoxious. I'm sort of counting on smarter people stopping taking them seriously. Stop giving them attention, let them live in their own little fantasy land. Then crush them and their baseless conspiracy theory if they ever try to pass it off as fact in a court of law.

Then again, the media probably doesn't care that it's probably the right way to go about doing things so much as they care it will get views.

What in the goddamn hell? People took them seriously? Wuuuuuuuuut >_> Perhaps those smart people are not smart at all. From my point of view, they're more than welcome to prove that Einstein was right when he said human stupidity is unlimited.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I don't know why they'll doubt his birthplace in the first place. He says he was born in Hawaii in his book, why'd he lie if he'd want to be a respectable man?

And what's Donald Trump doing in politics anyway?! o_O

Years
  • Surely, a mature way to respond.

Here it is: Obama Birth Certificate Law: Hawaii Can Now Ignore Repetitive Requests

HONOLULU — It's now law in Hawaii that the state government can ignore repetitive requests for President Barack Obama's birth certificate.
    Republican Gov. Linda Lingle signed into law Wednesday a bill allowing state government agencies not to respond to follow-up requests for information if they determine that the subsequent request is duplicative or substantially similar to a previous request.
    The law is aimed at so-called "birthers," who claim Obama is ineligible to be president. They contend the Democratic president was born outside the United States, and therefore doesn't meet a constitutional requirement for being president.
    Lingle didn't elaborate on her reasons for signing the bill, but state Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino previously issued statements saying that she's seen vital records that prove Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen.
    Both Fukino and the state registrar of vital statistics have verified that the Health Department holds Obama's original birth certificate.
    Health Department officials supported the law because the state still gets between 10 and 20 e-mails seeking verification of Obama's birth each week, most of them from outside Hawaii.
    A few of those requesters file repeated inquiries seeking the same information, even after they're told state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest.
    Advocates for openness in government oppose the law because they fear it could be used to ignore legitimate requests for information.

Yes, it had to go to this point. It's that annoying.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What in the goddamn hell? People took them seriously? Wuuuuuuuuut >_> Perhaps those smart people are not smart at all. From my point of view, they're more than welcome to prove that Einstein was right when he said human stupidity is unlimited.
    Yup it just goes to show that our stupidity as a species is infinite...
    I wish those still holding on to this conspiracy would just let go...half of the birthers have already given up...why not the other half...

Years
  • I just love the fact that despite the evidence, certain groups of people STILL don't believe Obama is born an American. I was watching CNN and they reported that birthers were nitpicking the certificate bit by bit. One of them said about the type of typewriter while another complained that they should have used different, more insensitive terms to describe Obama's Dad's race, since he was from Africa and people in the 60's used more derogatory words for Africans.

I also love the fact the Donald Trump says he wants this to stop, yet he congratulates himself for making Obama have to do this. Trump is nothing but an overbearing.ass.

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
  • All we got over here in Oz about it was that Donald Trump said that Barack Obama's birth certificate needed to be checked, to see if it was legit. I don't really see why this is a huge issue, though.

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
    Years
  • I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't aware of the fact that birth in the US is a requirement for presidency, but: Whether it's the law or not, it's still silly. Especially but not exclusively in a country that was built on immigration.

"Silly" is not way to describe it. It was not a country built exclusively on immigration, rather only enhanced and diversified by it. There have always been different cultures pervading America, but it is always American culture that reigns supreme at the end of the day. You don't hear of the Italian, German, and Spanish coalitions of immigrants joining forces to throw off British oppression in the revolution, you hear about American patriots, tempered by American culture, embracing their American spirit and defending America.

If anything, it is the laws of royal succession in other places that are dumb. Like when England and Spain had royals from Germany who did not even speak the native tongue, and had no connection with the popular culture of the times.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I had a chat with my mom over lunch. While she's not as bad as some birthers, she believes that Obama was born in Kenya and the fact that it took two years to produce the birth certificate is the proof. :/

I swear, I love and respect my mother as much as anyone could, but her political views are way out there.

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
    Years
  • I had a chat with my mom over lunch. While she's not as bad as some birthers, she believes that Obama was born in Kenya and the fact that it took two years to produce the birth certificate is the proof. :/

I swear, I love and respect my mother as much as anyone could, but her political views are way out there.

"Not as bad as some birthers" is the equivalent of "more active than some coma patients". None of them are sensible, reasoning human beings in any political or common sense standpoint

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    "Not as bad as some birthers" is the equivalent of "more active than some coma patients". None of them are sensible, reasoning human beings in any political or common sense standpoint

heh, I remember seeing one on TV the day after it was release listing off reasons why it was fake. *facepalm*

Back