• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who are you/will you be using for Surf?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I've currently got my Gyarados as my surfer, which is working quite well despite the lower special attack stat

Years
  • And with my last go of Alpha Sapphire that I recently beat the game in, for a little while I had a Lombre, but after it died I tried to use a Wingull only for it to immediately die to Pursuit before it could evolve. So when I got a Psyduck I slapped Surf onto that and had it in my party for a little while and deposited another team member when I felt I didn't need it (I left my Scizor behind when I went to the Seafloor Cavern, and after my Gigalith died I kept Psyduck in my party for a bit).

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • in all of my RSE playthroughs I've always used Wingull to Pelipper as our team's HM Slave (Surf and Fly) + Party member (from early to mid game but not against E4 and obviously not against Battle Frontier). I really love Wingull as an early pickup as he really helps against the early gyms save for Wattson and up to Flannery its quite relevant. The fact that having one mon for both Surf and Fly for travelling around the world is a godsent.

Playing Alpha Sapphire right now and I'm hoping to get our trusted travel buddy from Gen III into our Gen 3 remake adventure

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • My Swampert was the first to learn it, but I also taught my shiny Tentacool how to Surf. Once I find the move deleter, I will make Swampert forget it in favor of a physical water attack.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Well anyone who started up with a mudkip would probably choose a mudkip. I picked mudkip, and it evolved into Swampert, so yeah I use Swampert to surf.

colter519

Youngster
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for pokemon that get their own model for surf, so I use sharpedo. I did consider using the kyogre I caught on my gen 3 sapphire, but then I found out that when using dive no one wants to battle you. Something about riding on a big, scary monster that could have been used to turn the entire region into an ocean just doesn't net you very many battle partners...

Back