• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who are you/will you be using for Surf?

Years
    As the topic suggests. Which pokemon are you using for surf in ORAS? Also, is it just a HM slave, or an actual member of your party?

As for me, I'd like a Skrelp/Dragalgae. It'd be a part of my team, as well. I'd need to catch another surfer to find a Skrelp, but I'd just box that one straight away.

Years
    I'll be sticking to actual party members, but if an HM Slave is needed I may use one. My Swampert can be my resident surfer (even if it's more of a physical attacker but special stats aren't bad either) but I know I may definitely recruit Kyogre in the postgame for the fact I'll be riding on it.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
    I typically try to use my Starter, always on my team, as the Surf and water-HM move user, but I decided to do different this run and use a Pelipper for Surf in the early game and switch to Kyogre in the late game after I caught it. I wanted to reserve my Swampert's movepool for my Secret Base team.

Years
    I have a Gyarados right now that has basically turned into a HM slave (Dive, Waterfall, Surf) but my original intentions for it were to have a nice water Pokemon. Didn't want to have to box another Pokemon so I just stuffed all my water-type HMs onto it.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I gave this HM to my Lanturn who is part of my team in Alpha Sapphire, it seems to be making good use of it since it's a SP attacker and it deals reliable damage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I used wingul originally this time probably a HM slave zigzagoon/linoone, gotta get dat pickup

Years
    For the main story I used my Swampert, but now I use Sharpedo...even though I don't really need to Surf that often now that I have the Eon Flute.

Years
    I put it on my Pelipper, which really needed a good attack because it's attacks were really weak. I would've put it on my Latias, but I needed to put Dive and Waterfall on that, and I wanted to keep it's STAB moves.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    For now, Linoone...until I find a Feebas and evolve it to Milotic. That's for OR.

For AS, probably Whiscash.

Years
    I used my starter, a Swampert, for surfing. Since I had that to use there wasn't really anything else I would have a need to give it to. I had an Azumarill for HMs, but I stuck with Dive and Waterfall for that.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm using my Milotic as it's part of my in-game team, but when I'm exploring or I want to get somewhere in a hurry, that Sharpedo 2x Surf and Dive speed really comes in handy. Plus, it gets its own model!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Zigzagoon always acts my early game HM slave but once I caught a Feebas, Milotic became my primary surfer and water attacker in the party. I love him!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Eh, Alpha Sapphire will go with Kyogre. As for Omega Ruby... I'm conflicted between Sharpedo and Milotic. Maybe Sharpedo post-game? Eh, idk.

Or I can always go with Linoone, but Covet...

Or I can go with my old Water HM (+Flash) slave Lombre, but I'll need to evolve the Lotad I was traded.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I was previously using a Zigzagoon (that eventually became Linoone by virtue of the EXP Share) but since I caught Latias, I gave it Surf. I'll probably be using the Latias as my Surfer for awhile. I'm not really sure where the last two slots on my team are headed so that could change at any point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    When I get the game I will probably play it like I have done previously, and get a Zigzagoon and use that as my initial HM slave. Then move onto others like Sharpedo as soon as I can, especially seeing as it would come in handy for Mossdeep :D

Back