• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen who else wishes red could be rebattled outside of mt silver

Years
  • You need HMs to get to him which sometimes means with the toughest trainer in the game you have have HM slaves in your team. The gym leaders can be battled in saffron so why cant red? because I want to fight him again but cant be bothered with the whole cave again

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Uhh...no, I don't wish he could be battled outside of Mount Silver. Mount Silver is epic...Red is epic....Mt.Silver + Red=(epic x 2).

I guess it would be easier without Rock Climb, but, if you think about it, it makes the mountain look much more realistic and therefore cooler, doesn't it? It also adds to the "challenge" aspect, as when you think about it, any trainer who managed to get past the guards could climb the mountain and suffer a horrific defeat....but you have to be pretty damn strong to get there now, as you need the Viridian City Gym Badge!

So, whilst it seems like a burden, consider it more, and you'll find it's not too bad....after all, Rock Climb has decent power and a chance of confusion, so it's an allright HM, and I prefer it over Strength, even ignoring Strength's crappy animation.

Years
  • I disagree, I fought him for the first time today and beat him, Yes, You should be able too fight him elsewhere and I think that Misty and Brock should be with him and it should be Ash, Then he adds you then his quest is started...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In a way, yes. I'd like Red to be battled in the Saffron Dojo along with the Gym Leaders. He could also replace Lance as the Champion in the second E4 runthrough.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That, I can agree with.

It's fine the first few times, when you have to go through the cave, but in the end, I find myself wanting to just skip it and cut to the chase.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    ffs, only 1 HM is needed! Rock Climb.

That's hardly "1/2 my team being HM slaves", it's just slightly impractical

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Like, uhh....Pallet Town?

In his house, xD

Or on the ruins of Cinnabar Island...I reckon that'd be cool.

Either of those would only need Surf to access them if you use either the Magnet Train or SS Aqua.

I think a double battle with Red and Blue would be brilliant, particularly if Blue's levels were bumped up 10 levels to be nearer to Red's levels, but it never happened.....

I do understand what you meant about a hard-to-access-but-more-accessible-than-Mount-Silver-location though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011

Since there is no VS. Seeker in HGSS, the only way you can really efficiently level grind is with the E4. If you could easily battle Red without half your team being HM slaves, you could at least have some variety.

Speaking of V.S Seekers...

who else wishes red could be rebattled outside of mt silver

Before you disagree, look at this too:

who else wishes red could be rebattled outside of mt silver

So Red practically has the V.S Seeker in Hg/Ss since it's in the exact same place in the official artwork as it is in the game sprite for Hg/Ss.

So why can't we get one?!?!?!?!?! ._.

Anyways, I thik it is a great hassle to get to Red, especially if I want to just challenge him with one Pokemon.

But I wouldn't want him in the Rematch place in Saffron, but in his room in Pallet Town.

More nostalgic.

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    I'm not really a fan of letting Red being battled outside of Mt. Silver. Battling him on top of a mountain in a snowstorm is part of what makes the battle so memorable and epic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Just to clear things up ( before i run all the way up there )
    Can he be battled after defeating him?
    So if i go back up to Mt Silver , can i fight him again?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Just to clear things up ( before i run all the way up there )
    Can he be battled after defeating him?
    So if i go back up to Mt Silver , can i fight him again?

Yes, you can lioke the Elite Four.

I think it is fine Red being on the top of mt. silver. I'ts the hardest dungeon in the game, as well as Red having the higest level pokemon. (That can be defeated by a Level 70 mewtwo. -_-')

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, you can lioke the Elite Four.

I think it is fine Red being on the top of mt. silver. I'ts the hardest dungeon in the game, as well as Red having the higest level pokemon. (That can be defeated by a Level 70 mewtwo. -_-')
    Note you may have to beat the E4 again before being able to battle Red again each time.

I agree that the fact he's on the top of Mt Silver isn't something I really dislike. It doesn't take too much time to get up there, it seems fitting for the strongest trainer in the games, and it was like that in GSC as well - it wouldn't seem right to me for them to have changed it. (And I believe Flash was needed for part of Mt Silver in GSC, a worse HM (it ws a HM then) than Rock Climb?).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Correctamundo!

Flash was a HM, and whilst not "required", it makes things a lot easier.

Be thankful that Rock Climb does damage, guys.....(Hg/Ss are the first games where all the HMs are damaging moves, which B/W have apparently followed suit with).

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • I didn't have a good experience on my first time fighting red - I'll have to say no on this one, he is pretty hard and is a big leap from the level 50s and 60s on the last gym badge up to his high level 80s which is challenging enough for me ;)

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    ....but you have to be pretty damn strong to get there now, as you need the Viridian City Gym Badge!
    Have you ever played the original GSC? You need all the gym badges to get TO Mt. Silver anyway!

Back