• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

Years
Since i have no idea where to post this, can anyone Help me with Transferring Pokemon from my Emerald Save game to my Pokemon White using DESMUME? I haven't defeated Burke yet, is there any special place I need to go to or what?

It isn't actually possible to trade with DESMUME, since Nintendo uses a separate connection signal
(NWIFI or something). You can patch ROMs to trade as seen in some hacks. Because Emerald is an older version, I don't think that would work anyway, because normally on a handheld both cartridges would be in at once. The only way is to use cheat codes to get the Pokemon you want, rare candies, and TMs if needed.

I use gpSPhone on my iPad and iPod, because I don't like the size of computers. Sometimes I will use DESMUME because the newer gens are not compatible.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I have played on my computer before, but it just sucks the fun out of it, especially with the DS games. No Wi-Fi or anything, and I can play Pokemon for hours, so it's much easier with a handheld system.

I have kind of been looking at those DS cards you can put ROMs on and play on your DS/3DS, though.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
You guys should really give PokeMMO a chance if you haven't looked into it yet.

ChilledKiwi

ChilledKiwi
Years
I just play on my DS to be honest, I tried it on PC but on DS it's a much better experience and also it feels better playing the legitimate version imo. I have Fire Red on my iPhone though :P

daniel4230877

I use BGB for Generations 1 and 2, and VBA for generation 3. DesMume for 4 and 5.

Years
Pokemon Soulsilver Problem

I have a problem i cant seem to find an adequate ROM neither EMU for pokemon soulsilver, played on NO$GBA emulator it worked fine untill the ROM crashed, my problem is that always either the EMU or the ROM crashes, freezes or black screen, tough i fixed the black screen with the cheat code, so what i would like is help, does anyone know sites where can i download working rom + emu and play it, i love the game i played it i made to the ecruteak city on DESMUME and the game failed literally the emu crashed completely and it didnt work after that at all and no NO$GBA all of the ROM's crashed eventually or froze so i stopped playing the game and im searching for help to find the sites where can i download the working emulator and rom ty in advance to all for helping or atleast checking the thread

AMT

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Not on the computer, but I perfer playing on my smartphone (due to the speed increase button).

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
It's become a habit for me. It's just so convenient, really.

ElementChaoz

Elementician
Years
I have all the pokemon games ranging from my Gameboy, to gameboy cxolor, to the gameboy advance, thats why I have the ROMs on my computer, i don't own a DS yet, but i won't get a DS Emulator or any pokemon DS ROMs unless I own them, but with the GB/GBC/GBA i do own them but i play them on my computer, i haven't played them in awhile though, so i'm kinda getting back into it, i'm starting over from the beginning at the Red Version, and just play every GB/GBC/GBA version again, since I can Link to myself and trade, so i can complete my Pokedex, since no one around here i know doesn't play pokemon

Back