• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite manga artist?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Arina Tanemura, and Yuu Watase.

Arina has does series like 'Fullmoon wo Sagashite', and 'Gentlemen's Alliance Cross'. & Yuu Watase is most famous for 'Fushigi Yuugi', 'Absolute Boyfriend', and 'Ayashi no Ceres'. Her older art style was better than her newer one, I think, but I've never seen art as pretty as hers.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I think I'd have to say Akira Toriyama. DB/Z is far from being my favorite anime/manga, but something about the art style is very distinctive and charming. I also loved the artwork in Chrono Trigger. It's got a terrific old-school feel about it.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE LIKES YUU WATASE SO MUCH?!?! OAO
    [/mind asplosion]

Somebody explain why my brain doesn't work like your guys'. >___<; [/couldn't read Absolute Boyfriend because of the art style]

Sachi

Companion Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Definitely PEACH-PIT. The gothic dresses they draw for Rozen Maiden are amazing, and from what I've seen their two other manga are great too -- and I love the unique shading style. It looks almost messy at first, but it really makes it seem really different. Plus, there's no toner raep like in some manga. >: PEACH-PIT = love. <3

I love Bisco Hatori and Koge-Donbo, too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Akio Watanabe. While he is an anime character designer and CG artist, not a mangaka, he's the only artist in the manga style whom I've taken much a serious liking to, along with Tony Taka.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Arina Tanemura. Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne was drawn so nicely. I can say the same for Full Moon, Shinsei Doumei Cross, and that Mistress Fortune short thing she worked on.

Pink Hanamori's art is beautiful too. I didn't like the anime art so much (I'm referring to Pichi Pichi Pitch/Mermaid Melody's anime art), but her manga art was beautiful. Espcially with Pichi Pichi Pitch and Yume Yume Yu Yu <3

Koge-Donbo. Seriously, how could you not love the cute artwork? <3 Especially with Kamichama Karin.

Peach-Pit. Shugo Chara, DearS, Rozen Maiden artwork. 'Nuff said.

Whoever did the artwork for Higurashi XD They did a good job giving me goosebumps in a couple of the scenes in the first volume of the first arc XD

Oh, and all of the PokeSpecial mangakas. They're some of the best around <3

Oh, and... Ken Akamatsu. I love the art for Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima, A.I. Love You (or whatever the Japanese name is), etc. <3

And, to a certain extent, Yuu Watase. I don't like some of her works as much, but the artwork isn't too bad.

Juu-Chan

partGiratinabutwon'tsaywh ere
    Years
  • Oooh, where do I start? XDD;;

First, and most importantly, I WOULD LIKE TO SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH/FIFTH YUU WATASE. AS SHE IS AWESOME.

My current favourite is probably Maki Murakami, mainly for her epicness. I mean, a giant panda destroying Manhatten? Win~ Bad Luck are teh awesomefullness~

front.jpg

Gravitation:. Kumagoro the rabbit and Shuichi Shindou

Can't forget, of course, the lovely Yun Kouga who is really such a talented artist it's it's...irresisstable
    I was lucky enough to pick up a copy or Earthian the other day~

web4.jpg

Characters from Loveless:. Ritsuka, Yuiko, Yayoi

I also looove Kenjiro Hata. His work is so underrated !!!
    Hayate.jpg

Hayate the Combat Butler:. Hayate, Maria, Nagi

Also in my favs ares Hiromu Arakaya (Fullmetal Alchemist), Kazuki Takehashi (you have to know this one) and...

The creator of Beauty Pop? Bad storyline, adorable artwork :\

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I love ANY Yaoi manga artist. XD
    I also love Fuji Mihona of Gals!
    and Takeuchi Naoko of Sailor Moon - Where I learned so much and got into art.
    Be-Papas - Revolutionary Girl Utena

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Here are my favorite manga artists (list from dA):

Aya Nakahara (Lovely Complex)
    Kite Kubo (Bleach)
    Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto)
    CLAMP (Tsubasa, CCS, Wish)
    Miho Obana (Kodocha)
    Wataru Yoshizumi (Marmalade Boy, Ultra Maniac)
    Rumiko Takahashi (Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha)

And I will add Naoko Takeuchi (Sailor Moon), Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight), and Yuu Watase (FY, Absolute Boyfriend, Ceres)

I have a few others, but I will list those for now. I think their style is totally amazing. They really bring the characters to life and their personalties really show. Even if some of the characters in those manga have some bad attitudes. XD The other characters are awesome though. That is why I can't stop reading their work.

Last edited:

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    This is a hard question, because for me, I love all sorts of styles... but I'd have to say Yun Kouga is my favourite. She illustrated the manga "Loveless". Her style is so unique~

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Mine would have to be Yoshiyuki Sadamoto for his work with Gainax. =D

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
  • I absolutely WORSHIP Clamp. I love every single one of their series and will forever worship then *bends forward and kisses the ground they walked on*
    i also like Tite Kubo for Bleach
    and Masashi Kishimoto for the sereis bleach
    Yun Kouga for her work on Loveless it is amazing
    Hiromu Arakaya (Fullmetal Alchemist)
    the author of Hana-kimi
    there r many others that i just don't no the authors names...

Bay

Years
  • I'm not well versed in manga as you guys since I'm more into anime. :x However, the ones I have read so far I'll say my favorite is Yabuki Kentaro . He's not that well known as he only does two so far, Black Cat and to-LOVE-ru. Black Cat is quite good as I love the character interactions and also there's loads of action and he's able to draw them well. Plus there's a variety of characters in different occupations (which is kind of also why I like Pokemon. :P) Also, the drafts he have done on the characters are really awesome. For to-LOVE-ru, even though he's only the drawer and not doing the story, he's able to draw the interactions and feelings of the characters nicely. Plus, robot costume, enough said. :P Another thing I like about his drawing style is the comedic expressions- he can really do them well.

This is my favorite drawing of his:

Spoiler:

Back