• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite rival?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • As much as I hate the dude he's still my favorite rival; and that is Silver. The story involved around his is amazing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Barry and Cheren because it's hilarious to see Barry in a rush and I liked Cheren's looks and character development throughout B/W.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Barry because he has an epic team and besides Red, he has the highest leveled team of all the trainers in previous games and he also has one of my favorite battle themes. Silver comes close as my favorite rival but he is just not challenging enough.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Definitely Silver. His character develops and undergoes the most change, from a twisted, cruel and sadistic trainer to a respectful trainer who realises the error of his ways. That and he had a fantastic team(s).

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    It's a tie between Silver and Hugh, really.
    Silver, because he's Silver, and Hugh, because his battle theme is incredibly awesome.

Years
  • Cheren is my fave. I love his personality and he looks so awesome.

Yeah, I'm not a Cheren Fangirl for nothing!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Silver was probably the most interesting/challenging rival he also had the most character development and the most intriguing storyline during the game, but Barry was however was the most entertaining/annoying rival and if my memory serves correct he also ends up being the strongest rival to date. So in my opinion its a toss up between the two.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Silver ! Sometimes detestable, he still has the best storyline out of all the rivals. He's a very interesting character, with a great battle theme. And he's Giovanni's son, he's not anyone.

Zynth

Snorlax Enthusiast
    Years
  • I really liked Cheren, to see his personality and team develop throughout the story. And Barry is also quite nice, he is enthusiastic and always moving around - it's nice to see that.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Bel and Blue/Green/Gary I guess. Bel because she's cute^3, and Blue because even though he's a douche, he's still a friend. I kinda wish Kanto remakes focused more on the story and characters.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    Well, reading the responses here, it appears that rivals for the NDS games are really interesting. Since I haven't played any DS games yet, I'm gonna have to say that my favorite rival is Gary - he's just awesome xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Silver is my favourite, followed by Gary. Those two were ones you liked to hate and beat up, haha, and Silver had some character development going there as well.

I liked Belle and Cheren as well, just not as much (a bit too exaggerated imo in some aspects of personality, although I wouldn't mind seeing how they are in B2W2 in english... and that game's rival too). Barry was amusing and had a good battle theme but besides that not much else, N I plain dislike, Wally had a neat concept but was hardly seen (disappeared for over half a game only to turn up in Victory Road), and RSE's main rivals were the worst imo. Always giving you presents despite losing and then give up halfway through. Some rival!

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • My favorite rival would be Blue, he actually was a rival and not a friendly type. He also had a pretty good team at the end of FR/LG. I'd have to say Silver comes next, I liked how he was also cold hearted and he had a lot of cool Pokemon I liked (such as Crobat, Sneasel). He also did have a very good story to him (like being Giovanni's son). I liked Hugh next because of his pretty good team and his epic battle music! N was also decent but, not the best. I always thought of the female player being your rival but having the Pokemon weak to yours, and in B/W it came true with Bianca (who I didn't care about, nor Cheren). And finally we have Wally who was a decent rival but you barley fought him. Lastly May.....she was horrible, I know she was really aiming to complete the dex and not to battle but gamefreak could have worked things out better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    I like green mainly because he was challenging (for me) and he was my favorite character in the animeX)

Back