• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Cynthia by far. He party of Pokémon was so diverse and strong that it present more than a few problems. I would say Lance was the easiest. Go in with a strong water Pokémon that knew surf and ice beam and you'd win no problem.

Years
  • I would have to say that Cynthia and Lance come in a tie. Cynthias frickin Garchomp.... every time you lose to that thing it makes you want to beat the heck out of it even more! A Dragonite is hard enough but 3 is torture!

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I had lots of problems with Blue. Then again, the same goes for the entire Elite 4 in Red/Blue.

NatureKeeper

Cynthia. I was heavily handicapped items-side, and if I lost, my money wasn't going to be enough for the challenge of the Elite Four again. Also, my Pokémon could've had some grinding. If Blizzard of my level 50 something Empoleon didn't get that critical hit and Garchomp started quakin' it up it would've been one messed up scenario, like the 5 tries before it. >.<

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • Cynthia... definitively...
    In my first battle with her, she sent Spiritomb and it took me more than ten minutes to beat that thing (I wasn't very smart at the time...). Garchomp, with his combination of Dragon Rush, Brick Break and Earthquake would take down every single member of my team, specially Weavile. When I first managed to defeat the monster (which was probably in my third match), she sent out Milotic and it was over for me again.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • Blue/Gary hands down; on my first play through I didn't know he would be after Lance and I wasn't prepared. The only time I have ever fallen to a Champion.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • Cynthia. Not to sound like the rest of this 'crowd' but her Milotic would Ice Beam my own Garchomp, and after my Electivire took it down her annoying Garchomp would EQ me and if my Garchomp was alive, Her's would spam Dragon Rush.

Blue took a few times to beat but not really much of a challenge. Excluding his Tyranitar 2nd Time Round.

Lance goes 2nd because of his obssession with Dragonites. His Aerodactyl would revenge kill/sweep/clean-up what was left after Lugia spammed Blizzard and Feraligatr spammed Ice Fang.

Wallace was no challenge. Manectric took down most of his pokes and My sceptile also helped.

Alder. He was sort of easy but in other ways hard. Bouffalant spammed head charge, Volcarona sorta swept, Accelgor spammed Me First on my lead. Escavalier was a waste of a team member. Even with incredible base 135 Atk he failed most embarrassingly.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
    Years
  • I do not remember correctly. I never battled against Cynthia, but I think the most harder ones I had were or Steven from 3rd Gen or Lance of the 4th Gen. I don't know exactly, I no longer remember those fights very well.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Cynthia was the hardest for me to beat. Her team was well-balanced, fast and extremely powerful, especially against - surprisingly - members of my party which had a type advantage against one or two of her pokemon. I remember my empoleon taking Garchomp out with Blizzard and Icebeam, but only being able to do so afte ra lucky absence of her Garchomp's earthquake, which would take down Empoleon easily in one hit.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • The one who proved to be the hardest for me was...Cynthia. Simply because my pokemon were poorly matched compared to her's.

Blue...can't say. Haven't even fought him.
    Lance...haven't either, but my friends say he's quite hard.
    Steven was easier. My fire pokemon wiped him out.
    Wallace was the easiest, in my opinion. I always made my Hoenn pokemon 10 levels higher than my opponents.
    Alder was pretty easy, almost the easiest if it wasn't for Wallace.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Adler was a joke sadly. Now I see why N owned him so hard. Cynthia probably gave me the most annoyance, next being Lance. Wallace's Gyrados was a bit troublesome but the rest was a joke.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I had trouble with both Cynthia and Steven. However, Cynthia was the worst. Her team was extremely balanced and had a mixture of types going on. Garchomp was just ugh ):

Years
  • Cynthia. Garchomp and Milotic? Ugh.

I'd say that Wallace is the easiest one simply because bringing along a solid Grass- or Electric-type can knock him off his feet in a few minutes.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • This isn't my answer, but when I was, like really little and super inexperience in Pokemon...Gary; from Yellow version, use to give me a hard time, of course, the only Pokemon I relied on was a Level 85 Hypno

I guess, I would say the hardest champion fought, when I actually knew what I was doing was...probably Cynthia...But it was because her Garchomp outsped most of my Pokemon. I found her harder on Diamond and Pearl, cuz Garchomp had Brick Break, instead of Flamethrower. LOL

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Cynthiaaaaa. She had such a well-balanced team and the Garchomp was absolute hell and the Milotic would not die and the Garchomp was absolute hell and the Spiritomb had no weaknesses and the Garchomp was absolute hell.

Lance comes in at a close second, though, due to his two Level 47 Dragonites and one Level 50 Dragonite. (In Crystal, anyway. Can't remember if they upped their levels in HG/SS.)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Red, I stumbled on him is Gold and he whipped me six ways to monday

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back