• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

Who was the hardest Champion for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • This one is simple, which Champion did you find the hardest in the Pokemon games?

I think for me, Lance was the hardest. His Dragonite (rather, 3 of them) kept wiping my team. Cynthia comes a close second with dat Garchomp.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Cynthia because of that Garchomp alone for the most part. Spiritomb and Milotic were annoying too but they were bliss compared to CynthChomp if you ask me.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Cynthia proved the hardest for me, Wallace coming in on second!
    Her team is diverse unlike the others (besides Blue) but she uses much more stronger Poke's than Blue. Her Garchomp outspeeds anything and that Milotic...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cynthia... balanced team, high levels, pretty good moveset, and that vicious Garchomp.

At least in Platinum, Dusknoir with Ice Punch had the fortitude to survive Garchomp's attacks long enough to finish it off. That's what I ended up using to defeat it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Weavile is faster; Glaceon can take physical hits all day; both were introduced in the fourth generation alongside Garchomp.

Hardest for me would've no doubt been Blue back in the day due to both his balanced team and my lack of skill.

I've tried Weavile and Glaceon myself against Garchomp, both failed horribly. Best counter would have to be Frosslass imo due to higher speed yet a respectable attack and special attack stat so it's the best of both world if you ask me.

TY

It took me 2 weeks before i defeated this guy, the other Champions took me 3 hours or less...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Cynthia. That stupid Garchomp could outspeed anything, even my Weavile, which was my only hope of victory. Eventually, I won, but man, that was a hard fight. If Ghetsis was on this list, I'd say him. That stupid Hydreigon knew an insane variety of moves, literally giving him something super effective against every member of my party (in my first runthrough).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Lance. His Dragon-types were always a pain. It took me a long time to beat him even once. Especially in Soul Silver. Dragonite especially was hard to beat.

The second hardest was Blue. I had to soft-reset so many times because I lost so many time when I fought him...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Whoops, voted for the wrong person (Lance; I was meaning to vote for Cynthia).

Anyway, I think Cynthia is the hardest champion because of her diverse typed team and her hard-hitting Garchomp.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Probably Cynthia. dat Milotic. Though all champions except Alder have given me trouble, but the only one I really dread fighting is Cynthia. She makes up for the crappy gym leaders in Sinnoh.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Lance, Lance so much Lance! I actually thought he was harder in RBY, but he wasn't the Champion as of then. Blue kinda felt like an anti-climax after the *****slap that was that Lance battle. Even still, although the GSC/HGSS battle with the Dragon Master was slightly easier, the key word is 'slightly'. So! Many! Dragonites! And the introduction of Charizard and Aerodactyl meant that you couldn't just rely on an Ice critter for everything.

Having said that, I should preface this by saying I never played DPPt, so only experienced the 'horror' of Cynthia's Garchomp in BW. I imagine facing it in an E4 context would have been suitably horrifying.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Even with level 75's I don't think Alder was hard at all, Cynthia on the other hand was quite a challenge especially in Platinum with Togekiss, Spiritomb, Garchomp etc.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I recall having difficulty beating Cynthia, but not because of her Garchomp, but instead because of her Milotic and, to some extent, her Spiritomb.
    Though I guess it doesn't help that I don't remember how I felt fighting the champion of any other game prior to DPPt for the first time.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Green. Because when you arrive in front of him, generally the tough Kanto Elite 4 has already thoroughly weakened your team and this strong master is a real pain to beat.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • LANCE​
    As a child (bout 9 ) i wasnt as smart as i am now with pokemon( i only trained feraligatr to 79) one of those 3 dragonites used to t-bolt my feraligatr until it died and i had to send out my way underleveled flying hm slave hoothoot lv 5
    It took me 10 tries to defeat him but when i did the game boy colors batteries ran out

BIGGEST RAGE QUIT YET​

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Blue was easy for me to beat as my team was already made to combat his since we battled him throughout the game.

Lance I pretty much Spammed Ice attacks and either 1hko or 2hko his Pokemon. Electric for his non Dragons and still had the same result.

Wallace....The man was an insult to Champions. Tbolted him to a righteous death.

Steven was more of a challenge and way more fitting to be Champion. Only champion I'd rate second.

Cynthia was by far the hardest Champion to fight ever. And it wasn't her Garchomp...I 1HKO'd it with Blizzard. Her Milotic walled my team and took out half my fighters before her Lucario or Spiritomb came out. Milotic was the single most annoying thing on her team for me and earned her the hardest Champion award from me.

Alder was ok, harder than Lance, Blue and Wallace, but not as hard as Steven.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    For me that was definitely Cynthia, had so much trouble with her, I don't really remember why but just that haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've tried Weavile and Glaceon myself against Garchomp, both failed horribly. Best counter would have to be Frosslass imo due to higher speed yet a respectable attack and special attack stat so it's the best of both world if you ask me.
    Froslass' base speed is 110; Weavile's is 125.
    Regarding Froslass' attack stats, she has about one STAB physical that's any good, that being Avalanche, but but which is a decreased priority move that she has no place using (although which Glaceon might). The relevant statistic (atk) being 80 makes it not enough to make much good of non-STAB moves which aren't super-effective; Garchomp's only other weakness being Dragon means Froslass has nothing but special Ice moves to use effectively on it. Perhaps you could elaborate on your moveset and/or strategy (Destiny Bond?). I can't think how Froslass could be a better specific counter to Garchomp, but of course if you found one more useful for things other than Garchomp as well, then that's another matter...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back