• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your Gen 7 Starter?

Who was your starter?

• Litten

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • Popplio

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Rowlett

Votes: 39 37.5%

• Total voters

mjb8910

mjb8910
Years
  • We're likely going to have to wait for event distributions, I guess. Remember that it took until OR/AS for HA Johto and Unova starters to finally get released, and that was as an event distribution as well.

It's just frustrating as in X and Y you could catch HA Kalos starters in the Friend Safaris

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • litten because i liked its final ev the most, but i like rowlets first stage the most dont really care for the edgy green arrow looking final form though

Luxintra

Pokémon trainer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I was on team Rowlett for a look time as for nearly every generation I had always picked the grass starter for no reason at all. But I thought I'd change it up and I loved using Litten.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2018
    I have used all of the starters, but I chose Popplio first! My favorite pokemon line.

Even though Primarina is my favorite starter, I really like the other two starters, which motivated me complete the game three times since release. Based on my ranking of starters, gen 7 blows all other gens out of the water, and evidently it has encourage me to get more value out of the games through replay-ability.

I don't get the hate that Popplio/Primarina and Incineroar get. Popplio is not ugly, it is insanely derpy cute. Primarina is "feminine", well guess what, most starters are masculine so why can't we have a couple feminine ones to balance it out? Moreover, Incineroar is masculine, but is lucky to have a handsome face rather than an ugly one (yeah I am looking at you Feraligtr, Swampert, and Emboar!) So what if he is bipedal with an insanely exaggerated inverted triangle build; he makes my team look good!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Popplio was my Starter.

It seems to have a lot of advantages against a good chunk of important bosses in the game, all with adequate team support, of course.

I also like Primarina's majestic, yet adorable personality and design.

User19sq

I picked Litten, but I also managed to obtain a Popplio as my second Pokemon overall. I figured I can have both on my team, rather than build two different teams with both as the starter of each.

Kaminszakr

3D Architectural Animation
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2017
    This name is the only redeeming factor about these starters. Hope they all grow into some neat final forms.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I started with Litten. Though I think I'm going with Rowlett for the Ultra versions.

Back