• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whos Knows about jailbreaking

Who has a Jailbroken/Hacked Device

• 1G ipod touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2G ipod touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3g ipod touch

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 4G ipod touch

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Youhave no idea what am talking about

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I know the term, but it could be used for alot of things......I wasn't aware that pokemon could be jailbroken though.

Years
    Its True Jailbreaking Can be used for diffent device most people dont know about it in my hometown so am just one guy

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I'm well aware of jailbreaking. It's liberating your device from the restrictions that the developers put in and being able to run any software you choose which is compatible with the platform whether the company likes it or not.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Oh yes, my dad did that to his iPhone 'cause he's doesn't like paying for App Store stuff.

But jailbreaking Pokémon is basically what we do in Emulation, right? Yeaaah

Migrating Mews

Mew Master
    Years
    I think he's refering to iPod generations.

My PSP and Wii are both jailbroken. It's nice to have them like so because it can turn a normal device into an amazing multimedia machine.

Do DS flashcards count as well?
    I don't think they include in the term "Jailbroken". I think thats more of an "Hacking Device" like Action Replay cause you can put cheat codes on it while playing roms online.

Years
    I certainly know about jailbreaking, I've jailbroken my iPod Touch 4g about 2 or 3 different times, but wound up restoring it after each time. As for my Wii, I did load the Homebrew Channel to that.

To be honest, I am neutral when it comes to jailbreaking. I know people use it to expand their availability of apps and such, but the only reason I would do it is so that I could get newer OS installs onto the device (eg rooting Ice Cream Sandwich onto a device that can only go as high as Gingerbread).

Years
    Serious i want to know how many people know
    Just asking and taking a poll

You can add a poll in the thread tools. Just FYI. :D

I know about it. Not interested. I'm 100% content with the way Apple runs their ecosystem. The only thing that would tempt me is that my iPhone is running rather slowly as of late, but I suppose that's because it's way too full and most Jailbreaks tend to slow things down from all accounts. I'll just make do until my contract runs out at the end of the year and I'll get a 64GB iPhone 5. :D

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I do it, but not to pirate apps or anything. It's all about the tweaks that enhance the OS. I did it to my iPad simply for the ability to have more control over the RAM situation since a few of my apps were crashing due to low memory. I did my iPhone because I saw no hinderance to my iPad and I found a few useful add-ons that neither slow my iPhone nor hinder it in any way. It's great to be able to hide newsstand on the Phone since it never gets used and enable a more precise signal strength bar that lets me know exactly what service is like instead of a rough estimate like the stock signal strength bars do.

Years
    I've jailbroken my ipod touch a few times and I've done it to a few peoples phones when they haven't know what to do. I do it mostly because of the customisation, it opens up a whole new level of customisations through themes and icon sets and even lock screens if I remember correctly. Plus the apps on cydia are too good to pass up if you ask me.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    I used to jailbreak things, but then I decided to stop being a skiddy and accept the way things are designed. That's what I like about Apple products. They just feel whole.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm not allowed to tell people whether I know or not how to break out of jail.

In other (actually on-topic) news, I know how to softmod Nintendo and some SONY products, but not Apple.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I had a jailbroken iPhone 3G. It was nice, seeing what people would do when they had more access to the operating system, It made lots of things more useful. For example, I was able to use a program to change the settings and kill tasks and turn Wi-Fi on or off while in an app by just sliding the top bar. It was very convenient.

Back