• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favorite Rock-type Pokémon?

Who's your favorite Rock-type Pokémon?

• #74 Geodude (Rock/Ground; Rock/Electric in Alola Form)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #75 Graveler (Rock/Ground; Rock/Electric in Alola Form)

• #76 Golem (Rock/Ground; Rock/Electric in Alola Form)

• #95 Onix (Rock/Ground)

• #111 Rhyhorn (Ground/Rock)

• #112 Rhydon (Ground/Rock)

• #139 Omastar (Rock/Water)

• #140 Kabuto (Rock/Water)

• #141 Kabutops (Rock/Water)

• #185 Sudowoodo (Rock)

• #213 Shuckle (Bug/Rock)

• #219 Magcargo (Fire/Rock)

• #222 Corsola (Water/Rock)

• #246 Larvitar (Rock/Ground)

• #247 Pupitar (Rock/Ground)

• #299 Nosepass (Rock)

• #305 Lairon (Steel/Rock)

• #306 Aggron (Steel/Rock)

• #337 Lunatone (Rock/Psychic)

• #338 Solrock (Rock/Psychic)

• #345 Lileep (Rock/Grass)

• #346 Cradily (Rock/Grass)

• #347 Anorith (Rock/Bug)

• #348 Armaldo (Rock/Bug)

• #369 Relicanth (Water/Rock)

• #377 Regirock (Rock)

• #408 Cranidos (Rock)

• #409 Rampardos (Rock)

• #410 Shieldon (Rock/Steel)

• #411 Bastiodon (Rock/Steel)

• #438 Bonsly (Rock)

• #464 Rhyperior (Ground/Rock)

• #476 Probopass (Rock/Steel)

• #524 Roggenrola (Rock)

• #525 Boldore (Rock)

• #526 Gigalith (Rock)

• #557 Dwebble (Bug/Rock)

• #558 Crustle (Bug/Rock)

• #564 Tirtouga (Water/Rock)

• #565 Carracosta (Water/Rock)

• #566 Archen (Rock/Flying)

• #567 Archeops (Rock/Flying)

• #639 Terrakion (Rock/Fighting)

• #688 Binacle (Rock/Water)

• #689 Barbaracle (Rock/Water)

• #696 Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon)

• #697 Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)

• #698 Amaura (Rock/Ice)

• #699 Aurorus (Rock/Ice)

• #703 Carbink (Rock/Fairy)

• #719 Diancie (Rock/Fairy; Rock/Fairy as Mege Diancie)

• #744 Rockruff (Rock)

• #774 Minior (Rock/Flying)

• #793 Nihilego (Rock/Poison)

• Total voters

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
  • There are 59 different Rock-type Pokémon now with the addition of Generation VII (Alola). This includes pure Rock-types and first and secondary Rock-types (Mega Evolutions in this poll count as the Pokémon they evolved from and not a separate evolution).

I decided to make this poll one vote per person, although you can list more favorites (if you have more than one) in a comment if you wish.

I have to say that Tyranitar is my favorite Rock-type. Always wanted one in the Generation II games, but it was hard to find a Larvitar in Mt. Silver. I think I did find one, but my games corrupted and erased the data before I could evolve my Larvitar. Tyranitar is a very powerful and menacing Pokémon, whom I usually use as a power fighter as well as a defensive wall. With its Mega evolution, Sandstorm comes about with its ability, and it adds to damaging my opponents in tandem with a powerful Earthquake or Crunch.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I voted for Lycanroc thanks to my Midnight Form Lycanroc experience in Moon. I love Lycanroc's design but I never expected it to be such a powerhouse. Rock is a type I don't seem to have many faves from, but I do have to give a nod to the Amaura line, Carbink and Diancie for being one of the few cute members of the type.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Rock type is Tyranitar. Firstly, I love its design. Secondly, it's Rock/Dark, which is good offensively and not that bad defensively. Third, its stat spread allows it to be a fearsome attacker that doesn't go down easily. It also has a diverse movepool, with moves like Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Thunderbolt, and even Surf. I'm not as fond of its ability, Sand Stream, so that's why I barely use it, but it's great for Sandstorm teams.

Other Rock types that I really like include Golem, Rhydon, Omastar, Aerodactyl, Shuckle, Aggron, Cradily, Armaldo, Rampardos, Rhyperior, Archeops, Terrakion, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, and Midnight Lycanroc.

Last edited:

Zexonyte

Meteorite Piece
    Years
  • Aron is so freaking cute. I'd want one for a lap dog... if it weren't so heavy... and likely to break both my femurs...

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Either Lycanroc (either form, but preferably Midday) or Rampardos. The former because I love its design and unique priority move and the latter because of nostalgia and its unique design.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Omanyte, but not because that Twitch thing. Ugh...

It's pretty cute. I especially like its Fossil TCG artwork, which was also one of my very first Japanese cards (given to me by a classmate). I still remember finding a book about fossils in my elementary school library about 17 years ago and instantly made the connection between Omanyte and Ammonites. Almost everyone I know thinks it's a snail. Dx

I never dreamed of finding any fossils IRL. I always assumed you'd have to go to some far-away fossil excavation to find them. However, I stumbled upon my first fossil last year: a Calamites (tree-like reed) pith cast that was poking out of the hill behind my house. Once I learned that fossils weren't quite as elusive as I once thought, I was eager to find an Ammonite fossil.

Most the fossils around here are plants, so the likelihood of finding evidence of marine life was slim, not to mention that no Ammonite fossils had been recorded in my area. After looking for a while without any luck and I figuring I'd never find one -- or anything related -- of my own, I gave-in and bought one on eBay. (It looks just like the Helix Fossil.) My dad even ordered me some smaller, polished ones for Christmas that year.

I was looking for fossils around the creek again back in January when I something caught my eye. Surely it was just a suggestively-shaped rock, but let's pocket it just in case. I compared it to the my polished Ammonites and the similarities were uncanny. I posted it on a Fossil ID forum to verify if it was what I thought it was.

6kYKSWD.jpg
    thRsOVO.jpg

It turned out to be a Goniatite Ammonoid, a small relative of the Ammonites. SCORE!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Probopass! Rock types seem so neglected :( I wish that they were a bit stronger.

Back