• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your favourite Rival?

Who's your favourite rival?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Do you like the cocky and unfriendly nature of Blue? The impatientness of Barry or do you prefer a nicer, more normal rival like Wally?

I personally like Blue, due to the fact he's the only rival who became the champion and he was the original rival.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I used to like Silver, cause I liked how his character evolves from evil jerk to a character who cares for his Pokémon, but now I do kinda hate his whole "your week, even though I've never put a scratch on any of your Pokémon" kinda attitude. It's either him or Cheren, but I'll have to see what he's like in BW2

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Essentially there are two types of rivals — the friendly ones and the... well, douche bags. I found Cheren to be in the middle of those characteristics. His character development is remarkable towards the end of the game and it makes me wonder what he'll be like in the sequels.

Years
  • Cheren, because he's not like Killjoy express it a "your week, even though I've never put a scratch on any of your Pokémon", neither a "I'm so weak I can never beat you" like I feel Bianca to be (in the BW games).

Years
  • Cheren for me cos he's intelligent, attractive, has great personality and development and he's a BISHIE!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Cheren for me cos he's intelligent, attractive, has great personality and development and he's a BISHIE!

Ooooh gurl!

Anyway, I came to PC as a Silver fan, and will always be a Silver fan. That's my favorite rival, always. Though I dislike his redesign in HGSS...he looks...odd. It's hard to describe. Oh well. But he's got a great story to him and great character development. And no soul. kekeke.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]Blue. Cuz like the other guy said, who the hell doesn't like gary oak?[/SIZE]

Years
  • Silver. He was just so raw and had an interesting story behind him. The one track mind he had made him a great rival to compete against.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I prefer the notion of someone both competent and reasonably friendly, so either Silver after he develops, or Cheren. Probably Cheren since I found Silver's change rather too quick and drastic.

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
    Years
  • I really dig Wally. The other rivals kinda make me uneasy & they are usually hostile.. Except for Bianca. She's just really dumb. This is TOTALLY unrelated, but has anyone else noticed that she has that one tooth just like Patrick when he yells?!

But anyways.. I like Wally the most because he actually seems like your FRIEND.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Gary Oak will always have a special place in my heart thanks to SM:TV Live. So, by extension, I'd have to go for Blue in this poll. Even in the games, it felt like his had a more rival-esque personality, and while he wasn't 'evil' per se, he was very self-centred, which always makes for a good rival. Yeah, no one can really hold a candle to G-G-G-Gary!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually like Cheren over the other rivals because he looks a little like me. He appears to be knowledgeable about Pokemon too and he'll reappear in B2/W2 as a Gym Leader.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Barry, because he's so impatient and rushy and hasty.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    As a person then it's either May, Wally or Bianca
    As a character it's either Blue, Silver or Cheren.
    I went for Silver because he was my first rival but they all have good things and flaws.

SociablyAwkward

PokeNoob
    Years
  • Blue. hes the original. Plus hes in Gen 2. in that cave or whatever. and damn did he whip my butt the first time. I had just beat the elite four and i had that "Im god! The champion of the land!" mentality we all used to get when we were younger after beating the league. He took a lot of grinding to just barely scrape by him. I just wish i could have gone in that cave and beat him repeatedly. The main rival in Gen 2 was that "im so superior and your weak" guy, who i always swept with my typlosion. Wally was more of like a guy who aspired to be you i felt. May/brendan was just kinda.. there? lolz no offense. i cant even remember battling the rival in pearl. As for Gen 5. Bianca was a softy. More like a friend who wanted an occasional battle, she was nice sure. But i want a rival i feel compelled to demolish, and with Bianca i kinda just wanted to protect her, which is what you did most the game. Cheren was kinda lame. Someone said he had good caracter develupment? how? All he did was ask why he wasnt as strong as you. (The reason is because im the best. like no one ever was). I feel as if "N" was a better rival than Cheren or Bianca, and he's not even listed. He's not a true rival, sure, but he felt like more of a challenge and rival figure than the other two.

Back