• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Whose design did they ruin the most?

Whose redesign is the worst?

• May

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Maxie

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Tabitha

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Archie

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Shelly

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
  • I find it hard to decide, honestly. Tabitha looks like a completely different character with ZERO similarities to his old design. May's new look is terrible - I have always despised those "Rosie the Riveter" headbands with the knot in front. It's an ugly distracting piece of garbage.

I don't mind Shelly's new design, it's just for me that she didn't need to be changed. Archie and Maxie seem to have fewer alterations - Archie has darker skin and less weight and Maxie has a different face and those gaudy glasses. Brendan, Matt, and Courtney seem to have had the fewest changes. Thank Helix they didn't completely redo everyone.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Tabitha looks awful. He doesn't even look serious anymore. In the past he looked like one wicked son of a b.. but now he just looks like a lazy kid who doesn't do any work.

He's the worst design ever. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the rest. Not really happy about Brendan wearing shorts but it makes more sense in a tropical climate. Wearing long pants all day in Singapore is just plain torture for instance.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Hmm, they didn't ruin any designs but they seem to have scrapped Tabitha so much that he looks like the fat boy who says "Technology is marvelous!". Seriously, what the heck? And what's with all the other Magma grunts putting their hand behind their heads lol

Maxie is made to look more like a professor, something I can live with because he isn't all too much into battling, after all. Just ruling the world, like an evil scientist. Archie and his gang are awesome, though. With all the new weird suits, they just look like crewmates on a flagged ship. Archie himself... lol, he looks just like a pirate too xD

I have to say that May's hairstyle gives a nice blast from the past, something that I love to see refreshed with the new design.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • Shelly and Tabitha don't even look like the same characters anymore. But I voted for Shelly because I've always loved her original design, while Tabitha never did anything for me.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Tabitha. Such a waste imo. Brendan and May tho is kinda weird for me but atleast they look a lot more fitting for Hoenn.

Years
  • Brendan for me, I feel like the "wetsuit" look his new clothing gives off looks very awkward compared to a lot of previous male protagonist designs, even Nate who wore something similar. It'll take a while to grow on me but yeah... I also didn't like how Brendan's hair appears more "brown" now.

I don't get why Tabitha's copping all the hate though... I don't really mind the redesign.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Tabitha, definitely. Besides a few oddities and quirks, I feel like all the other designs at least serve a purpose, and have a certain appeal to them which make them solid designs once you get past the small issues. But Tabitha was changed to be even less unique than before, and for really no reason--if Courtney was kept so similar, I see no reason for Tabitha to change so much. It's not even a particularly good design is the worst part; nothing about it is unique, interesting, or even remotely memorable. Some may argue that Tabitha before looked barely different than a Magma Grunt, but at least the Magma Grunts had a pretty memorable design.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hate the new Tabitha. He just looks like a fat bully rather than the badass Tabitha we all know and love. Seriously, he's not Tabitha anymore.

Not too fond of Maxie either. He looks like a nerd, while the older Maxie looked more intimidating and cool. At least his new coat doesn't look weird.

While I like the new Shelly and don't mind the new Brendan and May, I still prefer the older ones.

I like the new Courtney and Matt, though. Courtney looks more unique now, and Matt is more of a badass than before. Also, I love the new Archie. He now actually looks like a pirate.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    May's new headband/bow bothers me quite a bit. Maybe the classic bandana will return as a clothing option.

I much prefer Team Aqua's redesign to Team magma's redesign (Aqua seem more intimidating), which makes me glad that I was already intending to get Alpha Sapphire.

Maxie looks like Lysandre and Colress had a baby together. He looks less intimidating now, more like a kooky scientist you'd just swat away.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I loved both Maxie and Archie's designs. Maxie was never really the one who went all out, he just loves to say fufufu... He was more of a mastermind and let his grunts do his bidding. The new look exemplifies that. Kinda sad to have him work with the new Tabitha though.

Archie, on the other hand, is more of a doer. He looks rugged, and in Emerald he and his team took all the trouble to steal a sub and venture into the Seafloor Cavern. His new design makes him look even more rugged and serious.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • None. I'm really impressed with the redesign of the whole Magma/Aqua crew, Tabitha may look a little less threatening but they all look so unique.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • I definitely think they messed up with Tabitha... he used to look like a real bad ass. Like someone who could be an enforcer. Now he looks like a goofy butterball.

And im not fond of mays new design. It seems all mismatched and just blahhhhhh >< I like her emerald outfit much better, in fact I was hoping we'd get the blue variation of that one. Hopefully it'll be in customization. I do however think the bow is adorable. The one plus from the redesign

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • None of them really bother me that much, honestly. Although if I had to pick one it would be Maxie, since it just seems like they wanted to make each team kinda look more like brain vs. brawn instead of two madmen.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • It's not that I don't think Tabitha's new design is 'unique', but it's the fact that they could have made him look more menacing. Anyone remember manga Tabitha?

Spoiler:

Everyone else looks pretty good though IMO.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I really don't like the new Tabitha or Maxie. I don't see why they feel like they have to make some characters ugly. Especially in their remakes. Shelly's design is cool but I wish they'd at least have left her hair colour the same. Oh well. Could be worse, I guess.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • What I'll like to know is why Matt isn't the fat one considering he had a beer belly in the originals while Tabitha was the leaner one... Gf if you wanted a token fat villain (anyone notice that only Galactic, and Flare have one fat villain but the rest don't?) it should've been Matt...

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Team Aqua looks amazing. Like each one of them look so bad ass. I was going to get Omega Ruby until I saw them and because they look so BA I'm going to get Alpha Sapphire. But anyway, I hate what they did to Tabitha the most. HATE HATE HAAATE!!!

Back