• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are there still Nazis around?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • wait a minute. How is nationalism evil? Oh, it's only "evil" when whites do it, of course.

Nationalism is bad no matter what color you are. White, black, yellow, or olive. It always turns into my country is better than yours. Then military buildup. And finally we get another world war!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    Nationalism is bad no matter what color you are. White, black, yellow, or olive. It always turns into my country is better than yours. Then military buildup. And finally we get another world war!

Then why is diversity only being forced in white countries?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    No, of course I'm not denying that the KKK exists. They are very much a real thing. But do I believe that they have become more active? The answer to that is no. They have always been having rallies, people just didn't bother to pay attention to them because nobody took them seriously. Justifiably so, since it's an extreme minority group that doesn't hold any political power.

I'd say you're incredibly misinformed if you think there's no growth in alt-right/neo nazi/kkk movements because it's demonstratively false

Saying they have "no power" is incredibly laughable given that steve bannon was in the white house for so long, and remains a personal friend of the president. Trump claims himself to be an avid fan of Alex Jones and has endorsed him personally. Trump has personally given press access to alt-right lie factories like Alex Jones' show and Breitbart, and surrounded himself constantly with people who have ties to these movements. Less than a month ago he was retweeting false far right hate propaganda from britain and refused to even pretend to apologise about it

What I have noticed however is that extremist left-wing groups like Antifa and BLM are on the rise. Groups that claim themselves to be noble, like standing against Facism and Racism, yet their methods display the exact opposite. Antifa claims to fight Trump's Facism, yet not only was Trump democratically elected and does his presidency not have any of the defining traits of Facism, Antifa's own actions very much *are* the defining traits of Facism. Particularly, using terror and violence against those who oppose or even just disagree with you.

Not sure if you've read the antifa thread we have here, but characterising the group like that is pretty dishonest regardless of violence that's spilled out with them involved.

Trump was democratically elected, yes (Although we know for a fact that there was russian interference in the election, this is undeniable, and that Trump team members intentionally reached out for assistance from them) but he lost the actual vote by 3 million americans. He won the electoral college only. To claim that somehow absolves him of facism is a little confusing, since he's constantly trying to institute fascistic policies
    and is also constantly trying to silence his critics while peddling lies, not only about them but about himself, then insulting anyone who dares to fact check him.

As for BLM, while they claim to stand against Racism, their members have been shown to attack innocent white people on the streets just for being white, they've completely turned their back on Asians and they have been lobbying for the re-instatement of segregation, making them more like a Black Supremacist movement.

Got any sources for this? Because it sounds like some supreme bs and actual nonsense

Meanwhile, there are many leftist politicians who are supporting these movements for their own interests, either supporting them on social media or even supporting them financially. This basically equates to supporting domestic terrorists in an attempt to suppress the right-wing part of society, so that the left-wing can stay in power.

If you see people supporting movements like "hey how about we stop racial profiling and extreme racially motivated police brutality" as "supporting domestic terrorists to keep the right down" I have no idea how to respond to that because it's not rooted in fact at all, and there's no concrete point for me to disprove. Just pointless statements that aren't true and don't mean anything.

How about, instead of that, you worry about the GOP's constant rampant voter supression that is not only incredibly visible but also aggressively, inherintly racist in a directly intentional way

I'd like to hear some actual, sensible reasoning behind the idea that "diversity is being forced" in white countries, preferably something that's not just racist dogwhistling about "the great replacement" or whatever. I'd also like to know what you define as a "white country" since you're pretty obviously talking about America here (And calling america a "white country" is pretty laughable given, you know, it's entire history)

Years
  • Well I was going to make a post but alien just said exactly what I wanted to say but far better. Given there is literally documented evidence of an increase in alt-right behaviour it's impossible to deny that there's a problem without greatly stretching the truth.

I will say though that we're starting to stray from the threads original topic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    I'd say you're incredibly misinformed if you believe that news articles from online blogs are reliable sources of information. These articles are always skewed to appeal to their biggest readerbase. This is how they build revenue. They cannot be trusted to report the legitimate facts.

For example, all your links about the "racist" voter supression only tells me one thing: You need a valid ID to proof yourself as a legal citizen of the United States to be allowed to vote for President of the United States. This is an entirely logical and reasonable thing to ask. It is not a racial issue, it's a legality issue. Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to vote for President. It is that simple, and that is how it should be.

As for these articles who claim that Trump has "fascist" policies, they have no idea what they're talking about. Verbally attacking the mayor of San Juan on on social media? That's because she swore on TV that she had recieved no aid from America whatsoever, even though there were literal stacks of aid boxes from America right behind her. Mocking Kim Jong Un for his constant childish threats? Mocking him is the least we should be doing to that monster. In fact, these articles choose to defend an actual dictator who in fact does rival Hitler in cruelty. Wanting to have Hillary Clinton locked up? Had she not been so wealthy and influential, she would have been behind bars a long time ago. Just to name a few of her crimes, she was involved in Watergate, she embezzled relief aid for Haiti through the Clinton Foundation and she has sold state secrets to Russia and the Middle East for her own personal benefit. Deporting illegal immigrants? It's called illegal immigrants for a reason. Doing away with Obamacare? Obamacare was good for the rich and poor, but for the majority of the middle-class it has made healthcare unaffordable. Cutting food stamp programmes? There are tons of people out there who have the capability to work, but refuse to do so and just live off of welfare and food stamps. And then these articles have the filthy guts to abuse the tragedy in Las Vegas to try and force their message. Every single one of these writers should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh, and all this nonsense about Russia being involved in the American elections? People like to claim that proof has been found for this, only to come up empty-handed when they have to present it. But by all means, if actual proof has been found of this outrageous claim outside of just some news article on some backwater liberal media blog, I'd love to see it.

And the idea that diversity if being forced in white countries... Do I really need to explain this to you? Have you not noticed that Europe is currently in a major crisis because they got forced to take in millions of incompatible immigrants? And yes, I say they were forced, because Poland (the only country who refused despite the order) has been blackmailed with sanctions that continue to go on to this day. And then there's all these campaigns about how Europe and America have to "open their borders". Exactly where do you see all the campaigns for the Middle Eastern or Asian countries to open their borders? Hell, where are the campaigns for Africa and South America? In fact, why are you suddenly an anti-semite when you say that Israel should have open borders? No, it's just the USA and Europe, primarily white populated countries, that are forced to take in other races so they can suckle on that teat of modern welfare that the USA and Europe have worked for centuries to establish. It's only the white people who are not allowed to have a continent for themselves, like literally all major races do. And if you want to argue about Native Americans, learn your history and you'd know that the majority of the clashes were initiated by Native Americans.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The only thing "white" countries are forced to do is to share their wealth with people who have had to escape from live-ruining wars - y'know, the ones the West likes to fund.

News articles from online blogs are false? Then where are you getting your news from; Fox, CNN? The same things Trump has called "fake news" time after time?

You seem to be willingly ignorant of the rise of extreme right and instead try to make BLM and Antifa out for the new facists that are the reason everything is going wrong. Do you even know what facism is? Here are some core points:
    - extreme nationalism
    - authoritarianism and totalitarianism of the state, meaning absolute control of media and society
    - dictatorship
    - justification of violence as a mean of silencing the masses
    - anti-communist

Now, in what universe have BLM and Antifa shown signs of extreme nationalism? And/or the other points? I cannot recall any instance. The KKK, neonazis, and other white supremacist/nationalist groups have called for some of these things; if you can't find any in America, I have some European examples for you. That makes the two - extreme left and extreme right - inherently different from each other, and unless any extreme left group isn't in support of any of these things, they cannot be called facist in its original meaning.

If you feel, in any way, unfairly treated by your government, you're honestly picking the wrong group to fight against.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    The only thing "white" countries are forced to do is to share their wealth with people who have had to escape from live-ruining wars - y'know, the ones the West likes to fund.

Except the vast majority of these migrants the European countries have been forced to take in aren't even from places like Syria. They're from all over the Middle East and even Africa. Also, these migrants are causing a lot more trouble than just costing us a lot of money. Why do you think a sudden crime and rape wave has been overtaking Europe ever since they arrived?

News articles from online blogs are false? Then where are you getting your news from; Fox, CNN? The same things Trump has called "fake news" time after time?

I don't call them outright false, I call them skewed. They originate from the truth, but they twist the story and embellish aspects to appeal to their readers. This is what almost every single media outlet does, and it's especially blatant with some of them. However, there are in fact news outlets that decide to cover online rumors and lies and present them as the actual truth. Remember how CNN and numerous online media outlets reported the rediculous rumor that Trump had hired prostitutes to urinate over Obama's bed?

You seem to be willingly ignorant of the rise of extreme right and instead try to make BLM and Antifa out for the new facists that are the reason everything is going wrong. Do you even know what facism is? Here are some core points:
    - extreme nationalism
    - authoritarianism and totalitarianism of the state, meaning absolute control of media and society
    - dictatorship
    - justification of violence as a mean of silencing the masses
    - anti-communist

I'd wager that it's the exact opposite, you seem to be willingly ignorant about the rise of the extreme left. Don't tell me that you can deny the numerous violent riots and assaults conducted by both Antifa and BLM, even though they have been covered by international media. There have been no reports of extremist right-wing riots on that scale.

And yes, I do know what facism is. I also know that although Trump is a nationalist, which I honestly do not believe to be a negative trait, he is not reaching for control over the media (the left does this), he is not trying to establish a dictatorship, he is not using violence to silence the masses (Antifa and BLM do this), and although he is anti-communist, anybody with half a brain can look through the history of communism and know that is simply does not work as a system.

Now, in what universe have BLM and Antifa shown signs of extreme nationalism? And/or the other points? I cannot recall any instance. The KKK, neonazis, and other white supremacist/nationalist groups have called for some of these things; if you can't find any in America, I have some European examples for you. That makes the two - extreme left and extreme right - inherently different from each other, and unless any extreme left group isn't in support of any of these things, they cannot be called facist in its original meaning.

I am not arguing that the extreme right isn't facist. However, although this extreme right is a minority, the left-wing has been portraying the entire right-wing as facists, racists and sexists for over a year now. Additionally, like I said before, widely supported extremist left groups like Antifa and BLM in fact are using facist means to spread their message. They are using violence to silence others. They demand control over the media by discrediting any and all media outlets that even only slightly lean to the right, and they demand control over the state by constantly demanding Trump's impeachment over minor things. As for dictatorship, considering the left-wing is so obsessed with getting back in power, I can really not see it being out of character for them.

If you feel, in any way, unfairly treated by your government, you're honestly picking the wrong group to fight against.

You're right, I do feel unfairly treated by my government. Which, because I am European, is in control of left-wing politicians who are placing their own people second. This is why I am opposed to Europe as a whole and why I hope that my country will start taking measures to leave it soon, just like the UK has done. A country should always have to be able to put its own citizens first, no exceptions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    You posted a lot so i chose to only break down the first post that's a reply to me, although your other one is... kind of a sewerage pipe too.

I'd say you're incredibly misinformed if you believe that news articles from online blogs are reliable sources of information. These articles are always skewed to appeal to their biggest readerbase. This is how they build revenue. They cannot be trusted to report the legitimate facts.

Uh, you kind of adressed this in a nonsense way in the other post (And outright said "I didn't call them false" despite saying here that they won't report facts)

This is pretty much just a baseless "your sources are lies" without any kind of backing up to your argument. It's a little ironic since you refuse to use any sources yourself, but i'm not sure what response i can even have to you just outright dismissing any evidence that doesn't agree with you specifically because it doesn't agree with you

For example, all your links about the "racist" voter supression only tells me one thing: You need a valid ID to proof yourself as a legal citizen of the United States to be allowed to vote for President of the United States. This is an entirely logical and reasonable thing to ask. It is not a racial issue, it's a legality issue. Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to vote for President. It is that simple, and that is how it should be.

Ok but you're just proving here that you didn't read any of my sources since i posted links to racially biased voter purging, racially targeted gerrymandering and the one source i used that did talk about voter ID laws opens by talking about how it explicitly (and arbitrarily) only counts forms of ID that non-white people are less likely to have
    . It is more than a little sad that you're dishonestly trying to discredit what i'm saying without even bothering to read my sources.

As for these articles who claim that Trump has "fascist" policies, they have no idea what they're talking about. Verbally attacking the mayor of San Juan on on social media? That's because she swore on TV that she had recieved no aid from America whatsoever, even though there were literal stacks of aid boxes from America right behind her. Mocking Kim Jong Un for his constant childish threats? Mocking him is the least we should be doing to that monster. In fact, these articles choose to defend an actual dictator who in fact does rival Hitler in cruelty.

This is, at best, a misunderstanding of what i was talking about and yet more evidence you didn't actually read my sources. At worst it's a gross misrepresentation of what i talked about, if you for some reason think that Kim Jong Un is a critic that donald trump lies about and attacks (Although he does, it's hardly defending the dictator to point out when trump is tweeting some garbage he misheard from fox news)

Wanting to have Hillary Clinton locked up? Had she not been so wealthy and influential, she would have been behind bars a long time ago. Just to name a few of her crimes, she was involved in Watergate, she embezzled relief aid for Haiti through the Clinton Foundation and she has sold state secrets to Russia and the Middle East for her own personal benefit.

Ok, i actually genuinely have no idea what you mean about the watergate part- the best i could find was this snopes article but what it talks about doesn't even seem to be what you're talking about, so i'd kind of like to know a) where you heard this and b) what you think her part was because i'm very genuinely intrigued about this bogus conspiracy theory you've got going.

The idea of her embezzling money through the clinton foundation is kind of weird since she and her family literally gets no monetary benefit from it whatsoever and while it's a fair call to say that her foundation (as part of the wider charity response to the haitian disaster, not solely them) didn't invest time, money and effort in the best places for long term rebuilding, they didn't skim any money off the top or anything and they didn't... not do any kind of charity work there? They just spent the $30 million they raised in ways that didn't build infrastructure back up in the best way, and focused too much on the short term

Doing away with Obamacare? Obamacare was good for the rich and poor, but for the majority of the middle-class it has made healthcare unaffordable.

This is partially true but it's only true because of the nature of republican sabotage on the issue. Of course, the ACA isn't perfect (and fixes would've been great, if they hadn't been blocked by republicans whenever anyone tried to pass them). Republicans sabotaged the pieces of legislation that kept insurers feeling secure and opting in to the ACA market which in turn harmed the middle class, as the funding designed to offset their costs couldn't cover the increased prices caused by insurers dropping out. The GOP also used their majority to refuse to allocate any more money to the ACA crippling it's ability to counteract their sabotage. A single payer medicare system would've been way better, but Obama's attempt to make it a bipartisan bill and work with republicans ended up backfiring when it turned out they were fine with hurting americans for political pointscoring.

I do take issue with the idea that we should throw the most vulnerable people in society under the buss just because the middle class was hurt a little by rising healthcare costs (not "unaffordable", but harmed)

Cutting food stamp programmes? There are tons of people out there who have the capability to work, but refuse to do so and just live off of welfare and food stamps.

I mean, i'm sure there's some people like that but it's incredibly dishonest to pretend that any large percentage of people do, and act like that's some kind of justification for cutting a program that people can barely survive on already? How would cutting that even help without undercutting it's fundamental usage as a safety net? If you're decreasing it below a liveable amount, you're just murdering the poor in the name of getting those (imaginary) dirty welfare sponges or whatever

And then these articles have the filthy guts to abuse the tragedy in Las Vegas to try and force their message. Every single one of these writers should be ashamed of themselves.

I have 0 idea what you're talking about? Do you mean people talking about gun control after an incident where a guy murdered a bunch of people with guns? Is this not literally the best time to talk about that issue, and is it not 100% relevant to bring up how a guy gets a hold of so much guns and ammunition and can just.... go out and murder people like that with pretty much no legal safeguards?

Oh, and all this nonsense about Russia being involved in the American elections? People like to claim that proof has been found for this, only to come up empty-handed when they have to present it. But by all means, if actual proof has been found of this outrageous claim outside of just some news article on some backwater liberal media blog, I'd love to see it.

Uh... Ok?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...quiry-george-papadopoulos-australian-diplomat
    https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ol-russia-troll-army-internet-research-agency
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...utin-election-hacking/?utm_term=.549b50e07b72
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...ia-infiltrate-campaign-team-2017-12?r=US&IR=T
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/spec...cly-signals-long-year-ahead/story?id=52049373

There's no debate over whether russian influence in the election occurred- the entire US intelligence community and the government branches involved in them all agree on this..

The current FBI investigation is about how much collusion happened between the trump campaign and the russian government. We already know for a fact that there was some communication and this communication included conversations about the election/how russian government contacts could help the trump team. It remains to be seen how much more was done.

And the idea that diversity if being forced in white countries... Do I really need to explain this to you? Have you not noticed that Europe is currently in a major crisis because they got forced to take in millions of incompatible immigrants? And yes, I say they were forced, because Poland (the only country who refused despite the order) has been blackmailed with sanctions that continue to go on to this day.

I mean it wasn't at all just poland, but they were sanctioned for not taking their fair share of refugees during this refugee crisis, yes. It's actually only a crisis because EU countries refused to accept their fair share of refugees based on population % and instead the ones willing to take them were saddled with far more than they have the infrastructure to support. That's the issue here.

"Incompatible immigrants" is just nonsense garbage and you should throw that completely unsupported idea that these refugees are physically unable to assimilate into european society or whatever.

And then there's all these campaigns about how Europe and America have to "open their borders". Exactly where do you see all the campaigns for the Middle Eastern or Asian countries to open their borders? Hell, where are the campaigns for Africa and South America? In fact, why are you suddenly an anti-semite when you say that Israel should have open borders? No, it's just the USA and Europe, primarily white populated countries,

It, uh, doesn't take more than a very quick google search to see that you're completely wrong and that the west actually takes less refugees than non-western countries, but hey, may as well make that attempt to just lie and hope people don't look it up.

It's kind of ironic that some of the ones you mentioned there by name have some of the highest intake

that are forced to take in other races so they can suckle on that teat of modern welfare that the USA and Europe have worked for centuries to establish.

It's a) very unabashedly racist to claim that non-whites are just suckling the teats of welfare
    and b) not even actually true if we're talking about refugees, facts are that they're more productive citizens than natural born ones. I imagine it's because, you know, they've fled from war and famine and want a good life for their families? Not because they've got some magic lazy genes from being not white

It's only the white people who are not allowed to have a continent for themselves, like literally all major races do.

Ignoring how racist and dumb that idea is anyway ("Major races" isn't a thing? Even if they were instead of a grossly racist lumping together of a ton of different ethnic and cultural groups into useless labels like "asian" and "african", why is "having a continent to themselves" even a thing that anyone should have? And do you not know that people that don't fit those definitions still live there? Are white south africans cryptids?) i've got to wonder which races are the "major" ones, and which continents they own.

Australia: ...Is that owned by the Aborigional australians? Are they a major race? Or is that a "white continent" that's just too contaminated by your standards?

Africa: I guess you've lumped together all the african ethno-cultural groups as "african" and just pretended that they're the only people who live on the continent?

North America: Is what you're been whining about here, and apparently mexico isn't part of it

South America: Uh, which "major race" owns this one? Is there even an umbrella term for the south american peoples?

Asia: Obviously, all people in asia are the same and there's no differences between any of the ethnic groups there. Japan is just like China's tasmania, right?

Europe: Too full of refugees to be allowed to be called white, i guess

Antarctica: ??? I guess I can get behind calling Penguins one of the major human races

And if you want to argue about Native Americans, learn your history and you'd know that the majority of the clashes were initiated by Native Americans.

This is just flatout wrong in every conceivable way? I don't even need to cite sources for this because they teach this being straight bs in school, and not even like american schools, i learnt this in my schooling on a completely different continent. I guess Wounded knee was just "their fault"?

I also don't even really get what you mean by this weird preemptive genocide exusing, do you mean that because the native americans "deserved" to be slaughtered then the country is just by default a "white country" now? Did they lose the rights to it when they incited that whole genocide thing against them? jesus

Vragon

When it comes to the matter something that is needed to be understood is the concept of right and wrong is different across the human race. Now I'm not advocating them or saying they have any corrections; It's ludicrous to lump every Neo-Right to be the same or have the same motivations or reasoning in this.

But to address the actual question, people think differently and while yes I find it jarring the ideals they hold at the same time there's still plenty of prejudice. What I mean is that while I do believe the North should win the civil war it was an abrupt process with the resulting consequences. It didn't slowly work its way in like Great Britain, but due to the states vs federal a civil war eventually became unavoidable.

Bad people will always be around, but it's important to think about reasons behind it. I don't agree with a KKK member, but I'd like to see how their mind ticks. I find it important to assess what the issues are and get to the bottom of this instead of you know sweeping it under the rug. They're complaining about their voice being hear and (while I do attest that something shouldn't be heard out because of who someone is) I want to sit down a figure this out. Not every KKK member is as radical as other KKK members. Some just have been raise that way or had much of that influence (as that boy in Charleston SC). I'm not trying to show a grey standpoint or be the middleman just for the sake of the middleman, but I think if we want to fully understand why something does indeed exist it's kinda hard to do that without studying it.

And once again I'm don't share their viewpoint and I find the ideology evil and completely backwards driven from what progress we have made.

Vragon

Can I just speak for the topic's question and say can we stay relevant on the overall point that is, "Why do Nazi's still exist?". Regardless if you think the media is blowing it out, instances like Charleston SC and the car running in Virginia still existed. The point of this isn't to a problem dick measuring contest, but to analyze why people with such horrible viewpoints are still prevalent today.

Also, bring up another issue that exists doesn't make the one in question any less important. I can bring up a worse example and we can be stuck in a never ending cycle of trying to prove one is better than the other.

Look if you have a reason to think Nazi's exist due to political unrest that's fine, but please either stay relevant to the discussion cause I see this everywhere I go and all around the world. It does nothing but be divisive and keep from things being done.

Pardon the bluntness

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can I just speak for the topic's question and say can we stay relevant on the overall point that is, "Why do Nazi's still exist?". Regardless if you think the media is blowing it out, instances like Charleston SC and the car running in Virginia still existed. The point of this isn't to a problem dick measuring contest, but to analyze why people with such horrible viewpoints are still prevalent today.

Also, bring up another issue that exists doesn't make the one in question any less important. I can bring up a worse example and we can be stuck in a never ending cycle of trying to prove one is better than the other.

Look if you have a reason to think Nazi's exist due to political unrest that's fine, but please either stay relevant to the discussion cause I see this everywhere I go and all around the world. It does nothing but be divisive and keep from things being done.

Pardon the bluntness

Well I came here to do this but... that.

Vragon

My comment more or less goes to the anyone that is going off the topic by bringing up one of the arguments I mentioned. That's all. More or less addressing the 2 points that don't matter here and making a general statement on relevancy.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Then why is diversity only being forced in white countries?
    In fact, why are you suddenly an anti-semite when you say that Israel should have open borders?
    Don't expect correct answers to those questions here, telling the truth is likely bannable offense.

I do feel unfairly treated by my government. Which, because I am European, is in control of left-wing politicians who are placing their own people second. This is why I am opposed to Europe as a whole and why I hope that my country will start taking measures to leave it soon, just like the UK has done. A country should always have to be able to put its own citizens first, no exceptions.
    So much this, it's disgusting how Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic are being punished for putting their own citizens first.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Don't expect correct answers to those questions here, telling the truth is likely bannable offense.

Maybe it's because being a racist idiot is likely to get you banned, given that this is a pokemon forum and not stormfront. People in this thread (including me) have pointed out why there's no such thing as "forced diversity in white countries", and why even advocating that idea in the first place is pretty racist in and of itself.

How about you go and say "the truth", so we can just debunk it

So much this, it's disgusting how Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic are being punished for putting their own citizens first.

They're being punished because they're actively causing the migrant crisis for no real reason, they're refusing to take in their fair share of refugees and forcing the countries who do to take them in to take in a ton more than they can support. They're being punished because they're refusing to own up to their responsibilities as being part of the EU for no reason other than vague dogwhislting + political pointscoring, and in turn directly hurting the rest of the countries in the EU.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    Please keep it civil in here guys. We can disagree without resorting to personal attacks or misinformation.

I don't really feel like that was a personal attack at all, it's hostile in tone and i don't feel like there should be any issue with that, especially when addressing outright racism like this.

It's not exactly a secret that mewtwolover has posted things that border on/are white nationalism talking points in this section in the past, either

Years
  • I don't really feel like that was a personal attack at all, it's hostile in tone and i don't feel like there should be any issue with that, especially when addressing outright racism like this.

It's not exactly a secret that mewtwolover has posted things that border on/are white nationalism talking points in this section in the past, either

If you'd crossed too far I'd have messaged you directly and deleted the post. That's just a reminder because the conversation is starting to teeter in that direction.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Maybe it's because being a racist idiot is likely to get you banned,
    I'm just gonna say this so people don't get the wrong idea, especially those who don't visit this section much:

You can't actually get infracted or banned on here for merely having a certain point of view (or in the words of these two, for "telling the truth" or "being a racist idiot"). This is a discussion section, and so various viewpoints and opinions are required in order for it to thrive--echo chambers are terribly boring places y'know. There's nothing in either this section's rules or the PokeCommunity's universal rules that states or implies that people with certain ideologies should/must be barred from discussion here. Trolling or flaming or being directly disrespectful to PC members is something we are willing to infract/ban for though.

This is not to say that I (and I know that it may be hard for some of you to believe me) and Gimme agree with.....certain viewpoints, or think that they're ok/not awful things to think, because we usually don't. It's just that it's also kind of iron fisted tyrant-like to infract or ban people for simply having and/or expressing a disagreeable opinion, regardless of what it is, even if it is some truly vile stuff.....unless you all like, want me to be an iron fisted tyrant or something.

This is likely an unpopular point of view, but oh well.

-----

Anyway, back to the topic at hand everyone.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    You can't actually get infracted or banned on here for merely having a certain point of view (or in the words of these two, for "telling the truth" or "being a racist idiot").

Not to reignite this whole thing, but is there really no policy (in this section, at least) against hate speech on PC? I guess this set of mods policies =/= all policies of all previous mods, but i've seen people infracted/been banned for that before here. One example i remember pretty clearly was some guy who said a bunch of garbage up to and including calling immigration of muslim people a "dirty brown tide" or something

I think there definitely needs to be some kind of iron fist past a point, especially for that kind of thing, because while debate is fine for most things we talk about here there's certain ideologies (white nationalism ect) that no one really benefits from debating, and can make the people who're the targets of those kind of ideologies feel uncomfortable. Even in a setting where something is so absurd for the only response to be mocking (Lets go for a hypothetical example, like "lets stop gay immigration" or something else substituting race/religion/ethnic group for "gay") that still gives a platform to ideologies that fundamentally don't deserve to be treated like they're valid viewpoints to be discussed, because you're working backwards and always in the favour of the people supporing it since it's a bad faith argument to begin with. You're legitimising it through allowing it to be treated as something worthy of being discussed, i guess

Not to accuse anyone of fostering that mindset, that's just what i got out of that

Back