• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why are you depressed?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    I was depressed for awhile over a girl but I kinda got over it, it comes in waves, but she and I kinda became friends again so I guess its ok.

Years
    A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. Also called clinical depression

That is what depression actuall is, not things like "I can't finish my homework or I have no friends." My mother was severly depressed for several years and it was extremely hard for my family to cope, and I can't stand when kids say things like "I've been so depressed lately."

The term you're looking for is sad.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    AuroPervert said:
    A psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death. Also called clinical depression

That is what depression actuall is, not things like "I can't finish my homework or I have no friends." My mother was severly depressed for several years and it was extremely hard for my family to cope, and I can't stand when kids say things like "I've been so depressed lately."

The term you're looking for is sad.
    So I'm one of the few who actually does get deppressed?
    Thats not good...

Years
    If that definition applies to you then yes.

If it does than you have a serious medical condition, and you need help. My mother was suicidal, and almost got away with it before she got onto some prescription medicine that has made a world of a difference.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    Depressed/Depression has multiple definitions, such as: Blue, sad, downcast, downhearted, or in low spirits. We all know how intricate the English language can be, you will have trouble finding a word that just has one denotation. Within psychology, Depression, signifies a psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death; whereas depression also may be denoted as, the condition of feeling sad or despondent. It should have been fairly simple to surmise that the topic creator meant sad whence they started this thread :\

Psycho

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Worced thing thats ever made me depressed is the thought of deth, =/ but never ever am I depressed in that for long, XD doesint help with polls like this lieing around :
    how do you want to die? ‎( 1 2 3)

o_o but other then that I would say the things that depressed me are snobby people who say my drawings are horible or something like that just to find out a little laiter they cant draw a day in there life XD.

And what I already said up there, the thought and way of deth.Though I understand thats the way of a spirit to learn, I feel this place needs are help and leaving it just to come back and learn something els " loosing all past life memory" I dont think helps the planet much o_o

Last edited:

pop789

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    What in the world is this why are you asking us if were depressed?
    THis is a waste.
    End this thread no more replies next peson who replies is totally ga y.

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    I can tell from your post your but a spammer under a negative quata.. And whats wrong with gay people huh? And why do you have all the rights to say what we cant post in=/ Cool your jets boy or I'll be the only one reportin' here about who in whos is "gay"...

Gay people are no different then you and I T_T it's people that say they are that make you wonder if there even worth it.

go bug someone els buddy, this site doeisnt have time for ya if your going to be this way =/...

( none of this is ment to be flaming ) But if considered so just let me know ^^; Athough I feel he started it ^.

Another thing I was remembering that makes me depressed sometimes is when one of my animals pass away T_t and when you own rats and fish and one cat it's hard for that not to hurt ya a little...

Years
    Psycho said:
    Depressed/Depression has multiple definitions, such as: Blue, sad, downcast, downhearted, or in low spirits. We all know how intricate the English language can be, you will have trouble finding a word that just has one denotation. Within psychology, Depression, signifies a psychiatric disorder characterized by an inability to concentrate, insomnia, loss of appetite, anhedonia, feelings of extreme sadness, guilt, helplessness and hopelessness, and thoughts of death; whereas depression also may be denoted as, the condition of feeling sad or despondent. It should have been fairly simple to surmise that the topic creator meant sad whence they started this thread :\

Psycho

I think that it's pretty obvious that you have the best grasp of the English language out of anyone on this forum.

It might be because I'm older, but I can't stand when people use words that don't mean what they're trying to say.

Literally a depression is an indentation, but like you sad when it comes to psychology it's a serious disorder, and having lived through my mothers depression it infuriates me when someone says something to the extent of "People won't join my club so I'm depressed." They have absolutely no idea what depression is, they've never felt it themselves, and they've never had to endure someone close to them go through it.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I got depressed when I got dumped. o_o; That's pretty obvious. I also got -really- depressed when my sweet friend died of course. But isn't all this obvious?

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    ~Lot's of things make me depressed...the fact that I always try and keep a smile on my face doesn't change things much. It's just a way to cover my true emotions. A way to make others think I'm strong enough...

One thing the makes me a lot depressed, is the feeling that I recieve much less than I give. It's been chasing me for years now, and it's not that easy to get rid of it either...
    Also, the feeling of becoming left alone someday, brings a powerful sensation of depression to me. I'm not a very optimistic person, you see...
    In general, I can't name all the things that make me feel depressed, cause they're probably out of my reach. I just stated two of the most important ones, though.

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    As was said it comes alot like waves, when a bad storm comes the thought of deth comes to mind and what would happen if that time was to come pass me : twittles fingers: It's alot like when watches of horible looking storm comse up I just go into my own little world and imagen myself as the only person to protect my family pets, causeing me to go from Panic attack, Drastic, exaderation all the way to mood swings and wanting to actualy ring someones neck...

I dont like feeling any of the above but when depression unfolds within them when the storm is over.... I would much rather be angery,happy or Attack someone oO;;; And with spring along the way the depresssion comes in bigs waves and sometimes I can loose almost 30 pounds just by not eating cause in a depression I cant think about when I should eat...

Thanksfuly due to the last time actualy draining me enought to have me in bed rest for three months, my mom does goodwork of being sure I eat in the middle of the depression no matter how pointless it feels, and I also get to get another fishie so that my mind is fer to much on other things.

As long as my mind stays off things that are bad or can be bad O-o I can go YEARS without any issues.... sadly it's been five since that last happened T_T every year the weather scares me into a depression though I love what nature does soooooo much..

( Edit) P.s

Sorry I keep posting O-o this is just a subject I very much have issues abound in and maybe get some depression feelings out by finding the deeper reason somewhere. XD doesint help that on some days I'm so happy what depresses me is forgoten like yesterday.

Back