• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • Fourth Gen is way worse than Third Gen, but third gen still has some notably bad Pokemon in it. Like Wynaut. Come on, his name is Why not and he's holding his arms like he's shrugging. Seriously? Another one that got me was Nosepass. He's a magnet, ok. That's stupid. On top of that, he looks retarded. He has a big red nose. His evolution is so much more retarded, but Nosepass is pretty bad.

I guess I don't like third generation because there aren't as many epic Pokemon like the originals had, coupled with way more stupid Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    lol nobody here has fought for the point that third gen poke's sucked...........so heres my opinion.
    THIRD GEN RULLLLLLLLLLLLESSSS!!!!

c'mon i mean, you got stuff like :breloom, blaziken, sableye, barboach, gardevoir, shiftry, shedinja, delcatty, aggron, METAGROSSSSSSS, medicham, manectric, wailord, camerupt, torkoal, flygon, altaria, zangoose, hariyama and salamence.

i disagree with anyone who says thaty ANY pokemon is useless. there are strong pokemon and there are untrained pokemon.......point: any pokemon is "useless" when it is untrained, only after grindan can a pokemon unlock its potential....proof is in zigzagoon......IT EVOLVES TO LINOONE!!!! AWESOME.

JAKE OUT.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I skipped out on R/S/E for two major reasons.

1. I hated the character designs.
    2. I liked maybe three of the new pokemon designs. And two out of three were legendaries.

I just really didn't think it was worth the cash when I really didn't like any of the pokemon.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Okay, Hoenn is my second favorite behind Sinnoh, but I have to take care of something. I love the pokemon designs, and while it was a bit too easy, I had some fun with it.

NickOfTime said:
    1. may was your rival, you know the character with the most fanservice in the anime. she was more concerned with her outfit than making a team.
    2. Contests nuff' said
    3. the morbidly obese legendary pokemon Groudon You fatty.
    4. Team aqua and magma were quite possibly the worst evil teams in the franchise. Hell the thinly vieled global warming message just kinda pissed me off. Al gore could have been their leader
    5. Your main character was either a a) old midget b) an albino. (may sucked no one i know chose her)
    6.gaylow (taillow) was in that generation.
    7. You weren't even given the masterball, you found it on the ground. imagine the coversation
    Grunt 1: Dude did you hear? a ten year old is beating our team.
    Grunt 2: Hey you still got the masterball?
    Grunt 1: Hehe you said ball, nah i left it in this easily accessible place
    Grunt2: so its safe?
    Grunt 1: yeah guess what else is easily accessible? YOUR MOM
    Grunt 1&2: hehehehehehe
    ^^^^^^ happened liek that
    8. Dive was a horrible concept.
    9. You had to READ brail, someone needs to tell Gamefreak how brail works; CAUSE THEY DOIN' IT WRONG
    10. I haet teh mudkipz

1. Anime =/= Game. You can't treat the characters of the game the way you do with the anime. They have two different personalities, you know. The only thing that is the same is really their appearance.

2. Your own opinion. Other people like the contests in Hoenn. I don't, but I at least recognize that fact.

3. Your own opinion. Groudon was there, but it has its fans. It's currently my third favorite pokemon, and I like the fact that it was there.

4. You have a point here, but that message didn't piss me off. I didn't care about that message, really. I have even ignored the message before and it was good.

5. Old midget? You mean May? Nice insult, man. And Brendan being an albino? Don't say that to the manga readers, else they will argue all day against you that it is, indeed, a hat. I like the two designs a lot myself.

6. Your opinion once again, there are a lot of people who like Tailow/Swellow. About half of these seem to be subjective, but you portray them to be objective. You can't do that in this fandom, else you will be flamed. While I'm on that topic, I eagerly await yours.

7. They didn't really need the Master Ball, and it was a way to put it in the game. Yes, Birch could have given it to you, but that'd be reusing another event, and that wouldn't be cool.

8. Your own opinion. I love Dive, personally. They could have done a lot more with it, though.

9. So? Who cares if you had to read braille? There is something called Visual Braille, you know that, right? It's another form of the alphabet, and if they wanted to put it in, then they can.

10. Your own opinion, Mudkip is my favorite of the three. In fact, literally half of the points are subjective only to you. Sure, there may be people who feel the same, but you seem to be saying it as if everyone thought that. No. I don't think that, and there are a lot of people who don't think that.

I admit, there are likely people out there who think exactly the same as you, and would despise what I like about the generation, but to each his own. Don't try to make it seem like everyone hates those 10 things, because that's what I got out of your posts. Yes, some of my stuff is subjective, too, but at least I'm not trying to pass it off as facts.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Allow me to explain:

The first two regions were natural, and urban at the same time, hoenn is a freaking rainforest volcano land.
    We had two rivals that were flat as stone and weak as magikarp
    Pokemon like Nosepass, Ludicolo, and Masquerain
    No bonus content after you beat the game.
    TERRRRRRRRRIBBBBBBLE PLOT

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
  • lol
    Nostalgic people are so used to the classics, when they see different designs, you know, craziness. XD
    that is SOOOOO FREAKIN TRUE the old pokemon fans flame almost anything that is new

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally, I always felt like RSE were the best games in the series. I never understood why people hated the Pokemon there so much.

Yeah, Beautifly is a butterfly, like Butterfree. But they're based on two different kinds of butterflies. Even if they weren't, so what? A butterfly works as a Pokemon in the beginning of the game. Since Butterfree was excluded, they needed something to fill its niche. Besides, aren't you all complaining that Kanto and Johto had great Pokemon? If they're so great, why do you hate similar Pokemon?

Years
  • Most likely the main reason the RSE pokemon got so much flak was the same reason that I initially HATED RS when I first started playing Sapphire. It didn't feel like a true sequel at all, and rather a complete restart: most of the Pokemon were excluded from the 'dex, the National Dex didn't exist at the time, no one in-game EVER mentions Kanto or Johto whatsoever, and personally, I started worrying that they had just decided to 'erase' the missing Pokemon from the franchise. FRLG and Colosseum eased my worries, though...

But yeah. Now that the National Dex and the various remakes and such have arrived, Hoenn doesn't seem so bad now. Although Lunatone and Solrock still are kind of "WTF?" pokemon in my opinion. XD

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    It honestly was just stupid. There was so much space that it was a pain to even get anywhere. I mean sure that means more room to run around and do things. But is it really worth it? I mean for the first quarter of the game you have to stomach a Old Man and his random side quest to find a Wingull. Then you have to ride around in his boat which takes like 3 minutes of game time to watch where the boat takes you.

After all that its just rediulous. But then again FireRed and LeafGreen did the same thing where 89% throught the game and after all the crap you've done. All Badges and beat the Elite 4. You get to a steal door which you have to get into and the only way to get in is to use...wait for it.....CUT!. I mean who is that far into the game and still carry around a pokemon that has cut. I mean come on. This is why I hope that Black and White do something where if you get offered to join the villian group you can say yes.Or actions during the game affect what happens in your story.

Slowking Bro

Trainer of Underrated Pokemon
    Years
  • Many people hated the 3rd Generation Pokemon because they felt they were over-designed. I personally love them and the Generation in whole. In fact, Sapphire is my favorite game in the series, as well as the first main series Pokemon game I got.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    I don't know anyone who doesn't like 90% of the Hoenn Pokemon.. I do, however, know a lot of people who can't stand 90% of the 4th gens.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
  • Third gen is my favorite. I like their Pokemon. 14/18 of my favorite Pokemon were introduced in Gen 3.

I think people hate 4th gen Pokemon more...

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    I actually really liked the 3rd Gen Pokemon...it's this new generation I'm not so crazy about...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The 3rd gen was my favourite generation including the pokemon!
    People hate em people they are afraid of change :\

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I used to hate it because there was too many Pokemon and such. Now I pretty much like it and DP a bit, but I hate the Isshu Pokemon now :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back