• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you Love the Browser you do?

Circus.

Years
  • I'm using Safari, but sometimes I like to switch around my browsers.

I love Safari because it's fast, easy, and the graphics are very cool. I like the bookmarking feature for remembering websites.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Firefox is just great for most everyone because there are so many more features, plug-ins, and themes than IE does (and you have to pay for some of IE's). I tried Safari, but the user interface didn't agree with me. I didn't think it looked good, and it seemed slow to me.

... Bt that may have been because I had one IE and one FF up wth it most of the time. xD

Firefox agrees with me very well because I have a nice, subtle, black and blue theme, an AdBlocker, and Speed Dial (it has thumbnails of different websites that you commonly go to) as my home page. And if you forgot the URL of a page, but remember part of it or the subject, it'll know what you want. It's really just incredibly handy.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    XD well i dont "love" my browser but i can tell you some reasons why i like it.
    i use IE and i find it very fast,easy to use and has very good tabs as well...
    mozilla is ok i find that browser kinda laggy and always seeming to need downloads of somesort (problubuly since i like never use it)and i have used safari like twice and i do not like that browser one bit!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Firefox is my favorite at the moment. Most loved feature: it recognizes titles of websites, so if you visited a site, you could enter part of the title in the URL area and the URL pops up with the title.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I now use Firefox. I used to use Google Chrome, and I found it way easier to use, despite all the compatibility problems. Google Chrome is simple, organised and well-laid out. An it has a special 'incognito' mode so you can browse without saving any history. The problem with Google Chrome is the fact that it doesn't have many toolbars for it, but who needs toolbars with Google Chrome?

When you open a new window, normally in other browsers, this new window appears and you end up having more than one browser open. Not with Google Chrome. It automatically tabs your other open windows. I think its the best browser ever.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I use Safari, but I have Firefox 3 on backup for CSS work.

Whenever Safari will support rounded boxes with CSS, I'll uninstall Firefox :P

Anyone, Safari is very stable on the Mac, and very speedy.

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Chrome! is my favourite, and i'll tell you why! When you just click into it all of the places that you have visited the most are right in front of you so you don't have to type in the website. :)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Firefox just.. stands out better than the rest. IE seems a lot slower than Firefox to me, and it's easier to make more tabs using Firefox.

Years
  • I can't honestly see any reason to use IE. In IE8 the only worthwhile feature is the multiple-process tabs, but that's probably just making up for the general instability.

I find Chrome way too simple to use. The lack of options hurts almost as much as Google's joke of a history/bookmarks system. It seems that the faster loading times are reduces by the longer request times, so that annoys me, too.

I am yet to try Safari... Anyone care to recommend it for Windows?

Opera... It bugs me. Whether it's the yucky font rendering, the poor options layout or the fact that it doesn't work well with custom search engines, it just doesn't quite cut it. Opera Mini is awesome, but that's for Smartphones, PDAs. Oh and FF addons give better guesture systems.

The way Firefox sort of covers everything and has become the unofficial 'standard' means that it works for everyone and every task to a degree. It sort of wins by default, although it could do with a performance tweak or two - not that it's slow, just that it hasn't really changed much since FF3 was released.

I'll install Safari when I get around to it...

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • I love Firefox because of the ablity to change skins.
    Also, this has it's yays & nays, but BB Code doesn't show up, it just happens.

.Socks

free yourself
    Years
  • I use Opera on my iMac. It just seems much sleeker, faster, and all-around easier to use than, say, Firefox or Safari.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Firefox on Windows.
    Safari on Mac.

Firefox is decently fast and has a nice interface. Add-ons and skins are just a bonus.

Safari is fast and also has a nice interface. I must say that Safari for Windows is a joke and that only the Mac version of Safari is good. Same goes for iTunes.

IE users are simply retarded for using a slow and sluggish browser. Seriously, get Firefox!

alexander7161

pokemon game hacker
    Years
  • IE7: slow boring windowsish

opera: don't like name

google chrome: nice design feels nice new generation and got slow after a while

firefox: nice good plug-ins and good design

safari: never tried it but went on it on a iphone which is good

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I have to say Firefox is the best one for me. It is easy to customize and has many addons. Its speed can be easily optimized and it has a nice feel to it. The browser i absolutely hate is Internet Explorer. Though it is the most compatible with windows i think its piece of junk. It has hardly if any popup protection and very little addons. As far as i know its speed cannot be optimized. As for Safari its not to bad i suppose. Okay here is my line up!

1. FireFox
    2. Safari
    3. Internet Explorer

Of course its only my opinion.

Years
  • After a trial of Safari for Windows, I actually have to admit that I like it. It's prettier than Opera the rest due to both the GUI and the soothing text rendering. It's rather fast, which I like, although it's speed can tend to vary - it doesn't seem to cope as well a Firefox when there is 6+ Tabs open, but it still outperforms IE in speed. Put it this way, if I didn't already have Firefox and use the add-ons, etc, I would use Safari. What irritates me, is that the add-ons for Safari are mostly commercial add-ons and most of those (and none of the decent free ones) are available on the windows version.

Current order of preference:
    1. Mozilla Firefox
    2. Apple Safari
    3. Opera
    4. Opera Mini (Yes. The Browser for Phones/PDAs. And yes. I went there.)
    5. Google Chrome
    6. Internet Explorer 8

Take some notice, Microsoft. You were beaten by a browser for mobiles and one made by a Search Engine. Lift your game and create either a lightning-fast or feature-rich browser - you've got the resources...

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • Safari for Windows isn't bad, but on Mac it's amazing.
    IE sucks completely. It's a complete disgrace to Microsoft.
    I haven't tried Firefox yet, but I tried it on another computer once. It's decent.

I'd have to go with Safari, it gets the job done.

XaRhS

I use Firefox 3,it's fast,is has a wide variety of add-ons to choose from,among them there are some powerful tools,too,and most importantly,you can ''dress'' it as you wish.Nasa Night Launch ftw.:)

Years
  • I do have to admit, IE8 is an immense improvement on IE7, but it's still not inspiring. I'm warming to Opera a little more. Oh. I've changed to 5 different browsers in the last 20 mins.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • I've used Safari, Internet Explorer 7, and Firefox, and I still think that Firefox is the best. Maybe I just got used to it, but I like the layout and everything, so that just about clinches it for me. Besides that, its faster the Internet Explorer, and seems to take less time to open up than Safari.

Back