• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you Love the Browser you do?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Okay I see a lot of threads where people are picking their favorite browser but they are not explaining why they love it. In this thread I want people to explain what it is they like about their favorite browser.

I'll Start.

I love Safari because it is one of the easiest Browsers to use and it uses some of Aqua's effects on windows. Also for the bookmarks bar it already has some links that I know I will use a lot like Youtube, Facebook, and Wikipedia. It is the easiest thing in the world to add or remove something from the bookmarks bar. Safari is also among the fastest Browsers I have worked with. Things seem to download a lot faster too, it downloaded a 12 Mb file in literally a second. I'm sure my ISP had something to do with that but still. It also seems to load Youtube the fastest. This is why I love Safari. Also I like the double click for a new tab thing.

Years
    Though I've only tried a few internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome), my favorite of all time would have to be Firefox. It's not necessarily the "best browser", but it's performance seems to suit my needs better than all the others. So instead of listing what I like about Firefox, I'll just list what I don't like about the three other browsers:

IE - It's just... slow. :| I don't know what it is about it that makes it slow, it just seems to run a lot slower than most browsers. That, and it always makes my computer freeze.

Safari - Safari was a close runner up to Firefox, for me. It's just as fast, if not faster than Firefox. The only thing that stops me from using it is that I'm so familiar with Firefox, and I don't really feel like getting to know all the shortcuts and what-not of Safari. I do use it occasionally, but that's only if I'm sick of Firefox, or it isn't working for some reason.

Chrome - Haven't tried Chrome in a while, so maybe it's changed. Anyway, I didn't like the way it looked. I know it's not all about looks, but I feel that a browser should be somewhat visually appealing.

So yeah, that's why I like Firefox.

This is why I love Safari. Also I like the double click for a new tab thing.
    You know the latest versions of Firefox and IE have this too, right? All you have to do is click the little scroll-wheel thing on the link, and it opens in a new tab (providing you have a scroll-thing).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You know the latest versions of Firefox and IE have this too, right? All you have to do is click the little scroll-wheel thing on the link, and it opens in a new tab (providing you have a scroll-thing).

He's not talking about that. He's talking about how when you click on an empty space in the tab bar, it opens a new tab.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I must say, I like Safari 4 to death right now. I have Firefox on as a second browser, but I just cannot seem to switch off of Safari! I thank goodness that IE is no longer supported for my system, only slightly wish I could get chrome, but not really. so far the only thing that Firefox lacks that I love about safari is that it has auto-refresh built in so that when you sit on a page for 5 minutes it refreshes or whenever you go back and forward it refreshes. so far the only version of firefox with multi-touch support is a beat that can't get the auto-refresh plug-in. so until multi-touch is in a final release I'm sticking with Safari!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I love Firefox because at the moment I have so many good addons for it that I love, I just wouldn't give it up. Haven't heard of Safari before, I'm going to look it up.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I love speed, safety, tabs, and add-ons!

While I'm in here: my WebMail Notifier stopped working. This happen to anyone else?

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Firefox. It's the best because it uses extensions. Google Chrome has a fancy user interface, but it rendered border radius, SVG with weird white pixels.
    Internet Explorer has extensions, but no one care

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I love Firefox because:

-It looks nicer
    -It is more safe than Internet Explorer
    -The tabs look 'cleaner' if I say so myself (Odd way of putting it, though)
    -Add-ons enchences my experience with Firefox to a whole new level
    -It lets me view stuff that IE couldn't view

That's about the only things I love about Firefox.

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
    I don't like any of my browsers.. -_-

Internet Explorer is so slow! and it always has 50 million windows popping up at once..

Google Chrome is VERY nice! But it still has problems, like when I'm in the middle if typing, it'll cut itself off. then I type alot of crap for no reason.. and sometimes it'll randomly stop working.

Firefox is nice, but after I got used to GC, it didn't seem to be set up and look as nice and it wouldn't open up tabs for me.

Browsers hate me. -_-

Cid

Years
    I love Firefox because:

- it's not slow, unlike IE
    - it looks better than most internet browsers
    - it has a lot of neat add-ons
    - it has better features than most internet browsers
    - it has too much good qualities that I can't find a way to say all of 'em

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I like Firefox just because I have always used it. I used IE for far too long when I was younger, and bleurgh xD additionally I like to use Firefox at work because we're not allowed to install IE7 due to company policy about some things I don't care enough to ask about.

Firefox I love for extensions (flashblock is win!) and the look, and the similarity cross-platform. My parents do insist on using Internet Explorer just because it's got the word "internet" in it.

I should probably like Safari more as a Mac user, but I just can't get along with it =< I've used it a few times, but mostly to download Firefox >>;

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I really like Firefox because it is a lot safer than IE. And they have cool extensions that are very useful and make the browser look awesome. And it is faster than IE.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I love Firefox because it's so customizable and it's also more stable and secure then IE (from the experiences that I'VE had with it).

~Mooshykris

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Firefox. I like it because of it's customizability (is that a word?).
    Add-ons rule!

Plus, IE, which my mom won't let me uninstall, just, plain sucks. It's slow, it takes about a minute to close. Appears randomly. Doesn't work half the time.

I've never tried safari. Or Opera.
    Chrome, to me, is TOO simple. I like a little complexity so it's not totally boring.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Firstly, I don't do nor love any web browsers. You make it sound like I have sexual intercourse with them. Secondly, I don't really prefer any particular web browser over others. I only use Mozilla Firefox because it was the only web browser that had tabs that I knew of when I first started using it and now I've simply become accustomed to the GUI. I'm sure it would be the same if I switched over to another web browser for a while.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I love Firefox because its very easy to use and instead of having a bunch of things I won't use, like in Internet Explorer when you get those annoying toolbars that flood your browser, firefox keeps theirs very compact and easy for you. Plus, the pop up blocker is very good as well. When I had IE, I got one after the other and most of those toolbars that had built in pop up blockers never worked half the time, it caused a virus overload on my computer. When I came to PC, I discovered the beauty of Firefox, and I've used it for almost four years now. I also love the add-ons, like the ad-blocker. It blocks those annoying adds that hover on Livejournal and other sites as well. I don't have to worry about accidentally clicking them because I clicked in the wrong place.

I could think of alot of reasons why I love firefox. It's just easier for me to use because where I have a hard time remembering where my bookmarks are or remembering dates, and any other add-on i still haven't found, that can help me with my disabilities to do things much more easier, really pays off.

I have used Opera and I still do. I usually only use Opera for other things like creating multiple accounts on LJ or on other forums...but not PC, since I really don't need to. I still prefer Firefox because it also has the ability of remembering my passwords, which for me is a problem to do myself.

I have found things to be much easier after discovering Firefox and I don't think I'll ever use another browser, unless I need another LJ account or something. XD

Back