• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Why is PC so slow?

Years
  • Is it just me, or does this place feel really slow?
    Why is this? Why are azurilland/serebii forums/ /vp/ more popular?
    I mean pokemon is kinda dead as it is, but is there any reason why the first result on google for pokemon community is kinda dead?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Do you mean in terms of loading speed or in terms of actual activity? If it's the latter, that's subjective but I don't agree with you and I don't really have any comments on it other than that it could be an effect of the moderate lag here; if it's actual slowness then, yeah, that happens sometimes - we do have some loading speed issues, although they're not as bad as they've been previously.

Years
  • Like sir said there, I'm pretty sure the "dead" might be more server speed (and occasional strain) as opposed to activity. We may have some sections that are less active than others, but I can understand if you are not happy with the times the server is slow.

If we are slow or completely down, why not just get distracted while you wait for things to get fixed?

Years
  • Is it just me, or does this place feel really slow?
    Why is this? Why are azurilland/serebii forums/ /vp/ more popular?
    I mean pokemon is kinda dead as it is, but is there any reason why the first result on google for pokemon community is kinda dead?

If you're talking about pace of posts, it probably is entirely dependent on what sections you're interested in. Pokemon discussions here tend to be slower paced since a lot of the community is interested in a lot of the non-Pokemon stuff further down the section lists, like The Treehouse, Video Games, The Playground, and The Underground.

If you're talking about member interaction outside of forum posts, it's probably dependent on who you're chatting with in visitor messages on your profile or in private messages.

A fair bit of the community hangs out on our Showdown server, as well.

And then there's the occasional "OH GOD WHY IS THE SITE LOADING SO SLOW" moments that happen every once in a while because the site is under intense visitor load for one reason or another (such as bot crawlers).

Anime Sucks

I think this guy is definitely referring to the activity; I mean, he did say this

which wouldn't fit in the context of an inquiry about the loading speed. That being said, I disagree, since Serebii forums and Azurilland both get less activity than PC. Don't know about /vp/ though, since I avoid it.

Years
  • I think this guy is definitely referring to the activity; I mean, he did say this

which wouldn't fit in the context of an inquiry about the loading speed. That being said, I disagree, since Serebii forums and Azurilland both get less activity than PC. Don't know about /vp/ though, since I avoid it.

Not saying this to sound harsh, but you should try /vp/. The whole "4chan is sick and evil" thing is a rumor, and it only happens on "/b/" where it scarcely happens.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • PC is not 4chan, and it never will be.

Most forums these days are slow. Social media kinda... covers that. Give it time, I'm thinking activity will eventually pick up again when the mythical Pokemon Z finally comes out or something...

Anime Sucks

I might go as far to say that the two things are related though; you might get more activity if the loading time was a bit faster and if there wasn't that glitch that causes double posts in big threads when using Quick Reply. Theoretically more people would want to post here as opposed to another forum. Just a suggestion.

Back