• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Why, I've netted me a trainer!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
  • *points out sailor in wakes gym*
    he sais something about how he rolls.
    can't remember it exactly.
    I should really.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I think they can say some pretty dumb things. I shall defeat your Pokemon before you will even see me! It's like, ZOMG, a psychic trainer said that!

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • He doesn't actually battle you (I think); he's pretty annoying if you accidentally talk to him, though.

You'd be right. He's just to the side of the path between Mauville and Slateport for those who talk to everyone to regret doing so, later... XD I accidentally talked to him a number of times. I don't recall why, though...

Anyway, as for my opinion on the comments made by the trainers in the Pokemon games, some of them are okay, such as the simple ones made by your casual Lass and such, as well as the ones made by Ladies and Rich Kids, but others asre just awful. One I found interesting, though more for the end-of-battle comment, was the Socialite near Backlot's Pokemon Mansion; how the battle she has against you is nothing like when she battles her friends. Its the simple ones that I feel are better received, rather than the dialogue that tries to bring in stuff like web-based lingo (e.g. noob) and the like. I never liked how they did that, personally...

But in conclusion, some are okay, others are just average or terrible.

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    I don't care what they say, I like what they do :D My favovrite thing they do is in Platinum, your rival does his funny dance before a battle with him. I love his funny dance. *looks at rival do dance* ROFL!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I remember in the battle tower or something on my Pearl Version, there was this Black belt and says something along the lines of.
    "You know, I don't really know karate.

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I remember there being a kid who talks about how wonderful his shorts are, but I can't remember which game he's from...
    That was in red/blue/yellow verision. I did see a kid who talked about shorts before he battles you in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I love what the say especially the youngersters and the bug trainer that think they can own you like rolfzorz

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The old ladies in the physic gym in Pokemon Gold that you would have to battle in the maze before reaching the gym leader looked freaky as hell haha.

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
  • I faced a dragon tamer that said: "look at my beautiful cape!" and when you beat him "rip....RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP MY CAPE!!! WAAAAAH!!!" lol

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I despise all the Team Galactic members who talk about being owned or owning.

I was fighting Fantina last night, and when her Haunter was low on health, she came in and said...

"Never give up. Never surrender."

/facepalm

jakex

poketopia king
    Years
  • I am playing this guy, he brought out a lv.6 caterpie against a trained Lv.100 blaziken maxed out stats. I attacked, and it said it had wonder guard, i got mad, but beat him with that rock pokemon that breaks those special effects.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    I like the youngster that says "I'm going to win with the Magikarp my dad gave me!" I laughed

That's Youngster Tyler on Route 204 in the Sinnoh region. I just battled him in Platinum. What he said made me smirk.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • I hate how most of the trainers in-game are jerks, and most of the rest of them are bad sports =/
    "Let's battle. Humph. But I'm gonna win."
    "Urgh! There's an unseemly sense of desperation about you! Ugh!"

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • I find it weird, because they say the same thing over and over.

Funny, but creepy, in a way.
    Imagine living in a world when people say the same thing to you over and over.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I found it funny that after I beat one of the hikers he told me "I just can't help but laugh! ahahaha!"

I also remember in the Cycling Road (Gen. IV) one of the bikers wants to check your bike, except you end up battling him.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • To further my "bad sport" one...
    "How dare you beat us! Go away! Shoo!" Not my fault I HAVE to win.
    "Last time I lost, I was just unlucky." OH NOEZ HAXXORZ
    "I had confidence, you know." Okay...?
    "Whoa there! You ought to show some respect towards adults!" Yeah, so that means I have to lose to you? Grow up, you're already an adult.

Back