• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why would you get rid of that? You idiot!

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I've never actually sold a game. I just keep them. One of my friends though sold a game then bought it again then sold it again and now he wants to buy it again *sigh*

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've never actually sold a game. I just keep them. One of my friends though sold a game then bought it again then sold it again and now he wants to buy it again *sigh*

Doesn't he lose money every time he does that?

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Doesn't he lose money every time he does that?
    yep.
    He can't sell it for more then he buys it. I've telling him not to sell it when he buys it again. We'll see if he listens.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I sold my copy of the original Kingdom Hearts and I've come to regret that so much even though my friend gave me his. His one is so badly damaged that it takes like five minutes to get to the title screen and all the cut scenes buffer and the game takes like ten minutes to load every time the screen fades. The more I play his copy the more I regret selling mine.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't even like Zelda, Ocarina of Time was just an example! :P I should have gone for Mario 64 or MarioKart 64 or something :P

Anyway, to answer my own thread... I never gave anything away until recently... and oh how I regret it.

My cousin and his wife came over for dinner one night in the second half of last year (I don't remember exactly when it was but it doesn't really matter). We had disconnected my Super Nintendo because there was no room for it in the furniture system we have set up for my consoles. So it was just sitting somewhere in the room, and my cousin found it. I wasn't in the room when this happened, so my mother called out "Andrew, is it alright if Josh has your Super Nintendo?"

I was in shock. How could somebody possibly ask that question? Who does that? It's unspeakable. But I was so taken aback that I said "uh, sure!" So we packed up my SNES, all of the games I had for it, and both the controllers, and they left with it... so much regret. Socially, it's impolite to say no to such a question, especially when it's in front of everybody at a family gathering. I still look back at that night in disbelief sometimes...

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • I could auction my vintage SNES right now. Bidding starts at...

Well i regret selling my PS2 just to easily save up for a newer CPU. I bought the CPU, but now I just miss Kingdom Hearts 2 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5. T_T

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
  • Only once (that I remember) have I ever given away a game...

When I was younger I let a friend borrow my copy of Pokemon Silver, He ended up losing it... while I ended up forgetting about it... many years later at 15 - 16 he ended up finding it again while I was at his house... Instead of taking it back, I let him keep it.

Socially, it's impolite to say no to such a question, especially when it's in front of everybody at a family gathering.

Sometimes I'm glad that I don't care if things I do are "Socially impolite". Because I would have said no.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My cousin and his wife came over for dinner one night in the second half of last year (I don't remember exactly when it was but it doesn't really matter). We had disconnected my Super Nintendo because there was no room for it in the furniture system we have set up for my consoles. So it was just sitting somewhere in the room, and my cousin found it. I wasn't in the room when this happened, so my mother called out "Andrew, is it alright if Josh has your Super Nintendo?"

I was in shock. How could somebody possibly ask that question? Who does that? It's unspeakable. But I was so taken aback that I said "uh, sure!" So we packed up my SNES, all of the games I had for it, and both the controllers, and they left with it... so much regret. Socially, it's impolite to say no to such a question, especially when it's in front of everybody at a family gathering. I still look back at that night in disbelief sometimes...

oh
    oh god what

I bet that kid played with it for like two weeks before throwing it in a cupboard somewhere or selling it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Andy, I honestly would have said no. lol If he's old enough to have a wife, he's old enough to accept "No, you can't have that" as an answer. GO GET IT BACK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. On the note of SNES though, my grandmother still has her SNES. But my grandfather didn't like it in his room. It got played so much that if you turned on the tv, you could see outlines of Mario sprites. I'm not even kidding, I saw it myself. But he took it and put it in the shed. While he was out in Arkansas, me and my grandmother searched high and low for it. Just when we were leaving the shed and had given up the search, I saw a plastic bag with what looked like black wires hanging out. Sho nuff, that was my baby! So we grabbed it up and brought it back inside. The controllers were disgusting though and weren't working well at all, so we had to go online and order new ones, but yeah. :D I have one of the old controllers, just for memory's sake. So this is like the reverse answer to the thread, I guess haha.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • I have long since learned my lesson about selling games: Never do it. Ever. I've suffered my share of losses to be sure.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Wellll... Mmmmm... I always always always always always ALWAYS... Every second i play another game...

Regret selling my PSP and Monster Hunter Freedom 2...

Over 400 hours of gameplay should say just about more than enough... I have another PSP now but i need to fix it since sometimes it gives in and the pad doesn't works... Then when i do that i would be able to buy through the PSN Monster Hunter Freedom Unite or HOPEFULLY if before i do such a silly thing i hear they are finally bringing Monster Hunter 3G to the 3DS then that will make my life happy again...

Another game would probably be the sadness of losing my copy of Megaman Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar... This game made me cry, specially when i read "Megaman Battle Network... END"

Years
  • I never give anything away.
    I still have all of my old consoles and games at my parents house, locked away in the attic, collecting dust...

But I won't get rid of them, no doubt I will have a retro gaming night at some point! :3​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Omg, I know what you mean. I sold so many great NES games, including the original Castlevania, which is probably worth some money now. All for $5 each at a garage sale.

I'm now in the habit of keeping everything I buy though. (You can play all of those games with ROMs or the Wii VC anyway, but having the real deal is so much better.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    My greatest regret is not keeping my gameboy games away from my mother. She ended up throwing them all out by accident. There go all of my Pokemon games :(

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I used to have a MASSIVE collection of games, but ended up selling them all in order to knock down the price of newer systems/games.
    I now regret it though, because there are a lot of PS2 games I want to play that I used to have, such as Dark Cloud 2 and the dotHack series.

I also had a friend that stole a lot of my games and sold them. The majority of them were some of my first games that my parents got me for Christmas or my birthday too. So yeah, that was pretty cool.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't give away any of my old games. I won't, I just love them too much. Most of my friends sold off their old games to get new consoles but I never did that, ever. Sometimes it just feels nice and nostalgic to play some old games which I played 4-5 years ago. :D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • There was only 1 time I ever traded in a few games and it was because I was really strapped for cash and couldn't afford not to. But my parents have throw out all of my old consoles and I would love to play them again. Especially my sega genesis as I still love the games I used to play on that.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I borrowed my copy of Pokemon Ruby to a colleague at school. He graduated (he was 2 classes higher than me) before he gave it back. Now, that copy is forever lost in his drawer or something :[ shame. I still have Fire Red, though ! :D

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think I've only ever sold 4 games in my life. 2 was games I already had, so not counting them I've only gotten rid of 2 (both of them I knew I'd never play).
    I'm the type of person that would regret selling a game just because I "might" go back and play it someday down the road.

Back