• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Nintendo released Stretchmo last week without any advertising beforehand. Surprise! new game!

The Pushmo series of puzzle games are really fun. Definitely going to pick this up soon.

--
    On the Final Fantasy Front. 12 is my FAVORITE but my PS2 wont play right on modern TVs. So no more for me. (New 3DS port of Job System Please!)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    So...just finished Persona 3 (Portable, specifically). Thoughts (Mostly a fusion of two copypastas since the places they were originally posted in didn't really have people who played Persona with edits):

I feel like the female has the better SLs (though I was sad when I found out Yuko wasn't an SL in this one). Shame the female protag is so underrated. The more I played this, the more I realized that she would have been a great pick for the movies. Especially mine, who was sexually devious lesbian that ogled and gushed about girls with guys, got intentionally touchy-feely whenever possible, would make suggestive comments on the reg, never really got what she wanted (because the game doesn't support female-female romantic relationships, unfortunately). Ah, I'll miss playing as her, she was fun. But even apart from mine, I like her design more than aaaaangst Makoto/Minato's (props to the movie, by the way, because they really did a good job making him a likable character).

Tartarus, though...I feel the same about that as I did when I was playing FES. It's no wonder I didn't like the game for the longest time, it prided itself on a not-so-well implemented feature that already generally isn't liked. I had to make it interesting this time around so I wouldn't bore myself to death. It was good deal of what stopped my FES journey, as well as generally not caring about what was going on. The solo-squading and the mostly-Orpheus only in Portable also played a huge part in making Tartarus less than tedious because, due to how EXP works, I always felt like I was making progress. Made things fun, and leveling everyone in the endgame was fun, too, since they soared in levels. That said...no other Persona or even any Shin Megami Tensei game's on level with the amount of grind in P3, and I can't really say that that's gotten better. So still tedious, but less so.

Other than that, the story's...good. It and the characters don't really become interesting until...well, until the name Chidori enters the picture. That's when I started to like Junpei (and by the end, I ended up liking all of the main characters, and I enjoyed pretty much all of the SL characters). Really, I think that's the game's biggest fault, though. It doesn't really pick up character or story-wise until later on, two or three dozens of hours in, and that's a long time to be stringing a player on before they get to the good stuff, and that's why I stopped playing my FES file (which was 30-something hours in). I still definitely wouldn't put the characters or the story (which is darker, but I don't know if I'd call it better or more engaging) anywhere near Persona 4, and certainly not the gameplay. But it was a fun experience that, surprisingly, I don't regret despite getting to supposedly 65 hours. I, unfortunately, knew about the ending beforehand, but I still enjoyed the execution and didn't know exactly how it played out other than minor details. Now I can go on and finish Persona 4 Arena Ultimax :q.

EDIT: Oh right, forgot this. Thoughts about the Answer (doesn't actually have spoilers, there are...other reasons for it being in a spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Klippy, Omicron, and myself had a lot of fun on GMod today.
    Spoiler:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't think it really matters how many platforms a game is on, does it? I mean, they're just ports.

But SE is really blind if they feel constantly porting FF4 is going to actually net them as much money as a proper HD remake of FF7.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I really liked FF3 personally. I didn't finish it, but I really liked the combat and job systems, at least for the 3DS version. It felt really well balanced. Can't say the story stuck with me though.
    I'm waiting for the paparazzi shots you took of me.
    Here's one of Klippy:
    Spoiler:

And one of you:
    Spoiler:

For future reference, the character menu is bound to "c".

Last edited:

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Ah yes, the annual pre-E3 Shenmue rumours. Shenmue 1/2 Remaster with Shenmue 3 on the way? One hundo percent fake.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm pretty sure we're more likely to see Half-Life 3 before we ever see Shenmue 3.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Yeah, Shenmue 3 is probably most likely 100% fake.

Anyway, since the thread was about Final Fantasy before, I picked up the FFX/X-2 remaster earlier today, I'm looking forward to playing it.

Years
    @FF3, they did do a good job with the DS version, but it's still kind of bland compared to the other games. Although compared to the original version it's freaking amazing, haha. Or at least what I remember of the original. I dunno, 3's okay, but 5 took the whole job thing and did it way better and had a better story as well. ><

I've been wanting to replay FF7 again, but I still need to get back the av cables for the ps2 ugggh. Forgot to ask about that when I was out this weekend, hopefully I won't forget again and I'll get it back soon since I really want to play that. That or FF9. I like both games (although 9 probably more so).

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Easy grabs on Amazon. Speaking of which I did just that, and have finally got it :D

So now I'm sat here playing FFX on my PS3 ;)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Dissidia Duodecim and My Life as a King.

In terms of Final Fantasy titles, I'd recommend those two most of all. They're fantastic games and the latter is both a horribly overlooked and underrated game- of the two it's probably my favorite. I'd love to see a sequel or, at least, a jump to the Wii U/3DS.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I got my FFX preowned at GAME, I was looking if they had any amiibo but I saw the game for cheap so I just had to get it. I'm about 3 hours into it right now, I like the game but damn if Tidus isn't annoying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back