• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

HOHO SPEAKING OF 2016, Starfox Zero just got delayed.

I know this year had long ago been labelled the "Year of Delays", but...wow. It's really doing just the most fantastic job of living up to its title.

OK, this one hurts. I was looking forward to playing what looked to be the first proper Starfox game since Lylat Wars was released and then re-released. Not that Advetures was BAD, but it just didn't feel like Starfox, and the less said about Assault and Command, the better...

I'm not surprised either. Earlier this month I was talking to Dragon when he mentioned that it was supposed to release in 2015... and I remember thinking maybe Japan, if anyone, may get it this year. But definitely not us Westerners. The fact that there wasn't a Japanese release date for this year and the year has about only three months left in it seemed fishy. Even these days where games will get delayed with no announced estimated release timeframe for years, don't companies usually announce a specific release date at least six month in advance? I don't even know. I'm pretty jaded about delayed estimated release dates these days.

Speaking of Persona... Am I the only weirdo that plans on playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night later this month?
    Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Normally developers like to pull the "Q4" or "Winter" trick, so they can release it early the following year if stuff crops up. Normally it is only a few months, as well - quite a few JRPGs recently from other developers, like Atelier Sophie, have had a month or two tacked on for the ever ambiguous "quality control" excuse that gets bandied about by pretty much everyone. The only surprising thing is a pushback of potentially 6-8 months, which shows just how much of a misrepresentation a 2015 release window actually was...and that's just for Japan; it takes them forever to localize games like this unless they do it as they go along...which Atlus doesn't, considering the year-long release dates between US and EU territories.

tl;dr fuck Atlus. xD

Obviously I won't be purchasing Dancing All Night, much as I love rhythm games. The tracks are, for the most part, pretty dismal remixes of songs I was barely tolerant of at best, and I simply cannot tolerate Yosuke Hanamura in any shape or form.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    You know, now that I think about it (and I may be ruffling some feathers here), I feel like Persona 5's delay is entirely Persona 4's fault. Instead of milking a "muh relevant!" franchise because people can't stop shilling for it, why weren't all hands on deck developing P5 to get it ready for the end of the year/Q1? We've got Persona 4 DAN (and they already mentioned interest in a P3:DADH or w/e), a damn Pachinko machine, Ultimax which is still being played in Japan (Which is Arcsys really but I should still mention it) and a whole bunch of other junk related to the game that got mad popular mad fast.

I know a lot of the P4 stuff doesn't directly related to the P5 development team but I can't help but feel like Atlus is sitting in their office waiting to see how much they can nab from the fanbase of P4 who are now ready to sacrifice first borns to get P5 ASAP and this was somewhat done prematurely. :v
    I've heard this mentioned a few times, but the chances that the same team working on P5 worked on DAN and that they had that many people involved with DAN to begin with are pretty low. Especially considering that DAN was announced the same day as P5 (along with Persona Q and Ultimax, both of which were worked on by a different team (Q, which used Etrian Odyssey's team) and a different company (Ultimax, Arc System Works)), but the difference is that one is a dancing game with a VN styled story and a relatively limited playlist, and the other is Persona 5. Even if they did have the same team working on both, they were both announced 2 years ago with DAN having had gameplay shown. P5 just had a super vague cinematic.

My point is, there's no reason that there's really no reason to believe that all of this had anything to do with the development alongside DAN.

Obviously I won't be purchasing Dancing All Night, much as I love rhythm games.
    I think this goes without saying. After all, in the past 24 hours you've mentioned how you feel about Persona quite a few times.

I'd be pretty shocked if you actually did get it for some reason. So do it. Post with pics. I'll die of shock but, just for the merit of it all, you can be mod (even though that's not really up to me...but I mean it's my last wish so it'd be pretty shit if it didn't happen).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What is up with all the delays this year (Zelda, Mighty No. 9, Star Fox, etc.)? A lot of last minute glitches pop up? New ideas? Maybe it's a good thing Pokémon skipped this year...probably would've had a delayed main game(s) xD. Were RG the only delayed Pokémon games ever? Originally they were meant for Dec 1995.

pkmin3033

I think this goes without saying. After all, in the past 24 hours you've mentioned how you feel about Persona quite a few times.

I'd be pretty shocked if you actually did get it for some reason. So do it. Post with pics. I'll die of shock but, just for the merit of it all, you can be mod (even though that's not really up to me...but I mean it's my last wish so it'd be pretty shit if it didn't happen).

No need to be snippy about it. I have actually bought a few games from series I've disliked in the past. I wound up getting Persona Q last year, after all. Quite often it's the gameplay of a series that I dislike, so I tend to give spinoffs a chance, as they usually surprise me. I've never been keen on FFVII either, for example, but I wound up getting Crisis Core and I loved it.

With Persona 4, however, it's the majority of the cast - and the soundtrack - I dislike, so getting a P4 rhythm game would probably be a waste of time, as much as I've enjoyed almost every rhythm game I've purchased thus far. If it wasn't Persona 4 specific, I would probably have given it a chance...and if you want to see me suffer that much, since it comes out the day before my birthday, perhaps I'll ask a relative to get it for me so you can smile about my discomfort as I try to get some semblance of enjoyment out of it, haha =P

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

No need to be snippy about it. I have actually bought a few games from series I've disliked in the past. I wound up getting Persona Q last year, after all. Quite often it's the gameplay of a series that I dislike, so I tend to give spinoffs a chance, as they usually surprise me. I've never been keen on FFVII either, for example, but I wound up getting Crisis Core and I loved it.

With Persona 4, however, it's the majority of the cast - and the soundtrack - I dislike, so getting a P4 rhythm game would probably be a waste of time, as much as I've enjoyed almost every rhythm game I've purchased thus far. If it wasn't Persona 4 specific, I would probably have given it a chance...and if you want to see me suffer that much, since it comes out the day before my birthday, perhaps I'll ask a relative to get it for me so you can smile about my discomfort as I try to get some semblance of enjoyment out of it, haha =P

Oh, that wasn't supposed to be as harsh as it probably sounded, I was mostly joking. With that in mind, if you just so happened to make a Let's Play of DAN I would watch the hell out of it solely for the reaction. Out of love, of course, with no bad intentions.

Nope, none. None at all. Good intentions all around.

But yeah, I see what you mean. It shows an open mind which is pretty interesting. Most people generally write off a series as a whole if they don't like the main games, so it's a good way to be; it opens a lot of doors. I dunno if I can say I'm the same way since I can't really think of any series where I like their spin-offs but not the main games, but there are some series that come to mind where the spin-offs serve to be more engaging (either in gameplay, story, or both) than their main titles. Nippon Ichi's One-off's come to mind, and a number of Final Fantasy spin-offs are my favorite games in the franchise.

pkmin3033

Oh, that wasn't supposed to be as harsh as it probably sounded, I was mostly joking. With that in mind, if you just so happened to make a Let's Play of DAN I would watch the hell out of it solely for the reaction. Out of love, of course, with no bad intentions.

Nope, none. None at all. Good intentions all around.

But yeah, I see what you mean. It shows an open mind which is pretty interesting. Most people generally write off a series as a whole if they don't like the main games, so it's a good way to be; it opens a lot of doors. I dunno if I can say I'm the same way since I can't really think of any series where I like their spin-offs but not the main games, but there are some series that come to mind where the spin-offs serve to be more engaging (either in gameplay, story, or both) than their main titles. Nippon Ichi's One-off's come to mind, and a number of Final Fantasy spin-offs are my favorite games in the franchise.

Don't mind me; it's my own fault for belaboring the point; I do that sometimes, haha. (Un)Fortunately I lack the equipment to make a Let's Play, but recording my suffering sounds appealing in a masochistic sort of fashion...I can't imagine my complaining making for enjoyable viewing, though. Although it has been said that comedy is other people's suffering, so...who knows.

Good intentions. Right. xD

I can understand people writing off spinoffs if they don't like the main series, but I think it helps to isolate what you like and dislike about a particular series...as you say, it opens doors. If it's just the gameplay, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of the spinoffs, since most spinoffs (at least of JRPGs) have a different gameplay style. A lot of them are indeed more engaging than the main games, I think...either because it's something fresh, or the gameplay seems to fit better. I've always enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series more than the mothership Pokemon titles, for example, and I'd say the FF Tactics series is better than any of the main titles, with the possible exception of XII. Sometimes you get awful spinoffs but I don't think you can really judge a spinoff based off the game it came from...weird as that sounds.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    It's more surprising that they were so sure it was going to be released in 2015. Back at E3 they said they were really, REALLY going to have it out this year, and then a few months later when they said they would really, totally, 100% have it out this year. I was far more worried about the quality of the product if they did rush it out for this year than if it actually would come out now.

With that in mind, this makes things easier. Less games I have to buy this year and less reason to be interested in a PS4 for a while. Good stuff all around.
    Well, Atlus USA should get their shit together...
    Iirc, the only one who was stating 2015 was Hardin.

Speaking of Persona... Am I the only weirdo that plans on playing Persona 4: Dancing All Night later this month? {XD}
    I guess I will buy it... but I'm not looking forward to playing another mute game.
    But my love for rhythm games shall prevail.

Years
    I've heard this mentioned a few times, but the chances that the same team working on P5 worked on DAN and that they had that many people involved with DAN to begin with are pretty low. Especially considering that DAN was announced the same day as P5 (along with Persona Q and Ultimax, both of which were worked on by a different team (Q, which used Etrian Odyssey's team) and a different company (Ultimax, Arc System Works)), but the difference is that one is a dancing game with a VN styled story and a relatively limited playlist, and the other is Persona 5. Even if they did have the same team working on both, they were both announced 2 years ago with DAN having had gameplay shown. P5 just had a super vague cinematic.

My point is, there's no reason that there's really no reason to believe that all of this had anything to do with the development alongside DAN.

I feel what you mean, and like I said, most of that doesn't correlate to the development teams in the slightest.

But for a game that has been in development since 2009-2010, I can't help but think that it isn't just related to the game being fleshed out and overall being improved for the sake of value. It doesn't sound right to me at all.

that being said I'm still hype, and you won't hear me complain about it not coming out soon, more time to save for a PS4

Years
    So Persona 5 will be for PS3 and PS4? What's the difference between the two versions other than the PS4 version having higher specs?

It seems there are a lot of rhythm game fans in this thread... Any osu! players here? I just started playing the other day and it's super fun even if I'm still a scrub who can't clear anything beyond Normal difficulty. If anyone would like to do multiplayer sometime, please let me know.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    So Persona 5 will be for PS3 and PS4? What's the difference between the two versions other than the PS4 version having higher specs?
    They've been about as hush-hush about that as they have about most of this game (up until recently). So far, no one knows the difference, which bothers me somewhat because I'd like to know if I should start considering the PS4 or not.

It seems there are a lot of rhythm game fans in this thread... Any osu! players here? I just started playing the other day and it's super fun even if I'm still a scrub who can't clear anything beyond Normal difficulty. If anyone would like to do multiplayer sometime, please let me know.
    Damn straight I play Osu!, it's one of my goto games. Love that game to death, and glad to hear that you're playing. A lot of people think it's hard the moment they start and just stop, even though everyone's bad at it when they start. Everyone. No exceptions. Only solution is to play.

Years
    They've been about as hush-hush about that as they have about most of this game (up until recently). So far, no one knows the difference, which bothers me somewhat because I'd like to know if I should start considering the PS4 or not.

Damn straight I play Osu!, it's one of my goto games. Love that game to death, and glad to hear that you're playing. A lot of people think it's hard the moment they start and just stop, even though everyone's bad at it when they start. Everyone. No exceptions. Only solution is to play.
    Huh... well, I probably won't buy a PS4 just for P5. I don't know what the system seller will be for me just yet.

I was confused at first with the traditional osu! mode, but I got used to it and good grief that game is addicting. I think I played for 4 hours straight the other night... o_O Of course I won't stop! I guess all I can do right now is just keep practicing and maybe fiddle with the No Fail mod for harder difficulties at first. Here's my profile. Not much to see yet, haha.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm 90% sure there will be no noticeable differences. I'm pretty sure it will be like Tales of Zestria.
    It's coming to PS3 as well because there is still high number of Japanese players that did not "upgrade" to PS4 (which is perfectly understandable considering that PS4 had almost no games before this year's TGS).
    I'm getting PS4 version just to have something to play on PS4 =D

pkmin3033

I really wish I'd waited to buy my PS4 now, all things considered...500GB really isn't enough space considering the size of the games, and 1TB editions are starting to come out. I want the Darth Vader one something awful, but I can't afford it on top of everything else I'm getting...

...speaking of, how many of you are going to experience the full force of Broketober? At the moment I'm getting five games (two PS4, two Vita, one Wii U) and if not for the fact that my birthday is next month, it'd be eight. I don't even know everything that is coming out next month on the PSN etc. either. After two pretty quiet months, it's terrifying...

Years
    Hmm... I don't think I'll be purchasing any new games come October. P4: Dancing All Night on the 29th of this month will probably be my last new game purchase for this year. I have a few older games I want to finish and plans to play some games on Virtual Console. I am however considering possibly buying Project Mirai DX. It looks so cute and I like the song list! Though I will be having my fill of rhythm games with P4: Dancing All Night and osu! I dunno. Any cool games coming out soon on PS3, Vita, Wii U, or 3DS? Try to sell me something. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back