• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Hmm... I don't think I'll be purchasing any new games come October. P4: Dancing All Night on the 29th of this month will probably be my last new game purchase for this year. I have a few older games I want to finish and plans to play some games on Virtual Console. I am however considering possibly buying Project Mirai DX. It looks so cute and I like the song list! Though I will be having my fill of rhythm games with P4: Dancing All Night and osu! I dunno. Any cool games coming out soon on PS3, Vita, Wii U, or 3DS? Try to sell me something. xD

Project Mirai DX is well worth purchasing; the song list is infinitely better than Project Diva F 2nd...about on-par with the original Project Diva f, maybe slightly better. I know it comes down to personal preference, but I couldn't get into F 2nd...and DX has Doremifa Rondo, which I find myself humming absently at the worst possible moments. Try the demo first; it's one-use only but still free...and Senbonzakura is a great track too.

You Americans get Legend of Legacy next month, you might want to check that out if you enjoyed Bravely Default or just want a good 3DS JRPG...it's very classic-Final Fantasy-esque, haha. The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes will probably be worth playing by yourself; Four Swords Adventures was, and it's the same sort of watered-down, dungeon-only gameplay. Although if we can find a third player, I'll play it with you if you want a multiplayer experience...although you'd have to wait until November 7th in that case, since I'm not allowed to buy it. xD

Corpse Party: Blood Drive will be out next month as well on Vita. If the first two games are any indication it'll be pretty atmospheric and suitably bloody. You could probably pick it up and play it without prior knowledge of the first two games; Book of Shadows was moderately self-contained.

I'd hesitate to recommend Dungeon Travelers 2 on Vita until I've played it...first person dungeon crawlers can go one of two ways: they can be amazing like Demon Gaze, or atrocious like Mind = Zero. It looks more like the former than the latter, but...well, you never know. I think that's already out in the US anyway; it's just the EU territories that have been shafted with a Broketober release.

I suppose I'd better mention Tales of Zestiria as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath about that being on-par with the likes of Symphonia; it's already had its fair share of controversy for cutting out one of the main characters and pasting her in as DLC, and apparently the PS3 version is a glitchy mess at points. But if nothing else, the gameplay should deliver.

All the best stuff is actually coming out for PS4 though, in my opinion. But then, as a huge Disgaea fan, I expect Alliance of Vengeance to deliver a worthwhile experience. Maybe not as good as A Promise Unforgotten - that'd be asking a hell of a lot - but better than A Brighter Darkness, the sequel everyone wanted but didn't get. I'm opting for Zestiria on PS4 as well, after all the complaints I've heard about the PS3 version...and I need something to play on my PS4. Well, sort of. My current XIV sub expires on the 19th, so it's well-timed. Plus there's Divinity Original Sin and Samurai Warriors 4-II to look forward to...and MAYBE Assassin's Creed Unity. No multiplayer trophies + London setting = worth a look at least, even though the franchise has never really captured my attention.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Hmm... I don't think I'll be purchasing any new games come October. P4: Dancing All Night on the 29th of this month will probably be my last new game purchase for this year. I have a few older games I want to finish and plans to play some games on Virtual Console. I am however considering possibly buying Project Mirai DX. It looks so cute and I like the song list! Though I will be having my fill of rhythm games with P4: Dancing All Night and osu! I dunno. Any cool games coming out soon on PS3, Vita, Wii U, or 3DS? Try to sell me something. xD
    You should wait a bit for both PS4 and Vita games, after TGS, the library expanded immensely :D
    So you should wait before localisations are announced :D

I really wish I'd waited to buy my PS4 now, all things considered...500GB really isn't enough space considering the size of the games, and 1TB editions are starting to come out. I want the Darth Vader one something awful, but I can't afford it on top of everything else I'm getting...
    You should probably buy a new HDD anyway... for... updates!

pkmin3033

You should probably buy a new HDD anyway... for... updates!

I would love to, but I have no idea how I'd make the £225 I'd need to do so...my old PS4 is only worth £160 trade-in, that doesn't even cover half the cost of a 1TB console. Of course, if the PS4 drops in price it'd be less, but then the trade-in value of the console would probably drop as well. I mean, I COULD just not buy a few games and get the PS4 instead, but I already have a PS4, and having a console but not the games seems kinda silly, right?

I'll get one eventually, of that I have no doubt...maybe in the next year or so. For now though, I'll just have to delete the data of games I've platted, and use my 2TB external HDD if I need to. Probably more cost-effective/sensible anyway. xD

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    When it comes to games coming out in October, I only have two to wait for. The two games being Assassin's Creed Syndicate (which I preordered the Xbox One version) and Halo 5 Guardians. Funny thing about both of those games I preordered, is that they come out the same week. Then after that, I just have to wait until November for the new Star Wars Battlefront (preordered the Xbox One version) and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon to come out. Also, those two games are coming out in the same week of each other.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Preordered AC Syndicate, Black Ops 3, and Star Wars Battlefront for the PS4 myself so I'm gonna be just fine gaming wise haha. Pity I can't find anyone to play Destiny with though.

Also, hello.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Coming out? In October? Nothing that I can think of. At the top of my list is Ultra Despair Girls, which I've been waiting for and...well, I don't have. Super Mario Maker I also want a fair deal, but I can wait.

Disgaea 5's coming out soon and I really want that because...well, I'm a huge Disga- nay, I'm a huge Nippon Ichi fan. Beaten all the other Disgaea's (save for D2, working on it), Phantom Brave's my favorite SRPG, and Soul Nomad is absolutely fantastic. So of course I want this, but...I can wait (since I don't have a PS4 and currently don't want to shell out for one). I waited for D4 to be brought to Vita, I can wait for this.

Halo 5...my brother's getting that. Actually, as a birthday present for him he said he didn't want anything from me other than to pla- oh shit. I just realized there's no local coop. Well, that's pretty damn disappointing. *sigh*

MGS is definitely on there and Etrian Odyssey is on my bucket list. I also want Youkai Watch, Project Mirai, Dancing All Night, X, and something else I'm sure, but...realistically speaking, I don't really see myself actually buying any of these games in the near future. Less because I don't want them and more because there are other titles that I want just as much and the prospect of waiting doesn't really make me antsy.

Or to put it another way, they're games I want, but not games I need. I'm pretty content right now, getting to all of these games that I've wanted to play (such as Soul Nomad and Disgaeas 3 and D2) but never got around to. So until I have the cash, I'm pretty set.

That said, if .Hack//G.U. Vol.2- or any of the volumes- was around at a decent price, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Too many games. Not enough time. To add to that, even more games come out in the November - December region, making worse.

I'm importing Tokyo Xanadu, so I'll have that to tide me over for a good while. A great chance to brush up the Nihongo as well, since the last time I've played a full game in Japanese was back in June. (it's also a good opportunity to boot up my Vita lmao)

I'm hesitant on getting the PC version for Samurai Warriors 4-II. Tecmo-Koei hasn't been on the ball with their PC ports. I'm still mind-boggled that they're porting their PS3 versions of their games instead of the PS4 versions.

Legend of Legacy is an insta-buy, always a fan for SaGa styled RPG. Plus, the OST is badass. :O

Zestiria isn't going to be blowing my mind since I've already played it, but I do have it pre-ordered.

English release for TitS SC should hopefully be creeping up somewhere before November lol. I find it amusing that I'm going to be playing this game twice this year, lmao. English release should it come out and the Evolution version that comes out in December. Evolution version will obviously be the better of the two though.

Oh, crap. Fatal Frame V comes in October as well...

Years

Project Mirai DX is well worth purchasing; the song list is infinitely better than Project Diva F 2nd...about on-par with the original Project Diva f, maybe slightly better. I know it comes down to personal preference, but I couldn't get into F 2nd...and DX has Doremifa Rondo, which I find myself humming absently at the worst possible moments. Try the demo first; it's one-use only but still free...and Senbonzakura is a great track too.

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes will probably be worth playing by yourself; Four Swords Adventures was, and it's the same sort of watered-down, dungeon-only gameplay. Although if we can find a third player, I'll play it with you if you want a multiplayer experience...although you'd have to wait until November 7th in that case, since I'm not allowed to buy it. xD

Corpse Party: Blood Drive will be out next month as well on Vita. If the first two games are any indication it'll be pretty atmospheric and suitably bloody. You could probably pick it up and play it without prior knowledge of the first two games; Book of Shadows was moderately self-contained.

I'd hesitate to recommend Dungeon Travelers 2 on Vita until I've played it...first person dungeon crawlers can go one of two ways: they can be amazing like Demon Gaze, or atrocious like Mind = Zero. It looks more like the former than the latter, but...well, you never know. I think that's already out in the US anyway; it's just the EU territories that have been shafted with a Broketober release.

I suppose I'd better mention Tales of Zestiria as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath about that being on-par with the likes of Symphonia; it's already had its fair share of controversy for cutting out one of the main characters and pasting her in as DLC, and apparently the PS3 version is a glitchy mess at points. But if nothing else, the gameplay should deliver.

Yup! I already played the demo! Senbonzakura and Lots of Laugh are two of my favorite vocaloid songs. The beat progression is more linear, and therefore easier than the Project Diva games (and it doesn't hurt my eyes!). However it's not difficult to clear songs even on hard difficulty. But the fun from rhythm games comes from mastering songs and getting the timing on each beat perfectly! Project Mirai looks like a good time.
    Ssssspeaking of rhythm games, if you haven't already tried osu! at some point, I totally recommend it! It's totally free with no ads, has online multiplayer, and several game modes resembling games like Elite Beat Agents, Taiko no Tatsujin, and Beatmania/Guitar Hero etc. Songs available include (almost) any song you can think of! The list of beatmaps is ever-expanding! There still aren't very many maps for Precure songs yet...

I'm still unsure about Triforce Heroes. Back in the days I was the kind of loser who wanted people to play Four Swords with, and thus never got around to finishing the game on my own. Shame on me. Triforce Heroes looks quite polished though. I might consider it.

Oh yeah! I always meant to look into Corpse Party, but kept on forgetting. October seems like a good time to investigate, ehehe... Though it will probably be with the first game since it's cheaper and I like going in sequential order even if it's not necessary.

I still need to play a Tales game myself, period. I only ever watched an old friend of mine play through several of them, though my memories are faded. Since Tales of Symphonia seems to be the fan favorite, I'm probably better off starting with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on PS3.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

I would love to, but I have no idea how I'd make the £225 I'd need to do so...my old PS4 is only worth £160 trade-in, that doesn't even cover half the cost of a 1TB console. Of course, if the PS4 drops in price it'd be less, but then the trade-in value of the console would probably drop as well. I mean, I COULD just not buy a few games and get the PS4 instead, but I already have a PS4, and having a console but not the games seems kinda silly, right?

I'll get one eventually, of that I have no doubt...maybe in the next year or so. For now though, I'll just have to delete the data of games I've platted, and use my 2TB external HDD if I need to. Probably more cost-effective/sensible anyway. xD
    Well, you can just see how far you can go with just the original HDD and then save up for the bigger HDD =D
    In fact, my 500GB HDD is FAR from being filled :D

Also, SAO EU is actually not bugged =D Debug Complete just takes a bit longer to unlock than its Vita counterpart :D

Disgaea 5's coming out soon and I really want that because...well, I'm a huge Disga- nay, I'm a huge Nippon Ichi fan. Beaten all the other Disgaea's (save for D2, working on it), Phantom Brave's my favorite SRPG, and Soul Nomad is absolutely fantastic. So of course I want this, but...I can wait (since I don't have a PS4 and currently don't want to shell out for one). I waited for D4 to be brought to Vita, I can wait for this.
    D5 will not be brought to Vita, unless you meant waiting for PS4.

I'm importing Tokyo Xanadu, so I'll have that to tide me over for a good while. A great chance to brush up the Nihongo as well, since the last time I've played a full game in Japanese was back in June. (it's also a good opportunity to boot up my Vita lmao)
    Oh my, Xanadu =D I'm tempted but I kinda wanna see how #basedXSEED reacts to it =D

English release for TitS SC should hopefully be creeping up somewhere before November lol. I find it amusing that I'm going to be playing this game twice this year, lmao. English release should it come out and the Evolution version that comes out in December. Evolution version will obviously be the better of the two though.
    You really think so? :D With the delays, I'm not even sure it's really 2015 =D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Legend of Legacy is an insta-buy, always a fan for SaGa styled RPG. Plus, the OST is badass. :O
    What would you say are the best SaGa games to check out? I had a ton of fun with The Last Remnant but Final Fantasy II left a really sour taste in my mouth, and from what I understand the actual SaGa games have an inconsistent quality to say the least.

I really don't see Second Chapter coming out this year honestly. XSEED has constantly had to push the release date back, and now they're saying they plan on releasing it before Trails of Cold Steel, which actually has marketing and a set release date. The whole thing just sounds way too optimistic to me.

pkmin3033

Yup! I already played the demo! Senbonzakura and Lots of Laugh are two of my favorite vocaloid songs. The beat progression is more linear, and therefore easier than the Project Diva games (and it doesn't hurt my eyes!). However it's not difficult to clear songs even on hard difficulty. But the fun from rhythm games comes from mastering songs and getting the timing on each beat perfectly! Project Mirai looks like a good time.
    Ssssspeaking of rhythm games, if you haven't already tried osu! at some point, I totally recommend it! It's totally free with no ads, has online multiplayer, and several game modes resembling games like Elite Beat Agents, Taiko no Tatsujin, and Beatmania/Guitar Hero etc. Songs available include (almost) any song you can think of! The list of beatmaps is ever-expanding! There still aren't very many maps for Precure songs yet...

I'm still unsure about Triforce Heroes. Back in the days I was the kind of loser who wanted people to play Four Swords with, and thus never got around to finishing the game on my own. Shame on me. Triforce Heroes looks quite polished though. I might consider it.

Oh yeah! I always meant to look into Corpse Party, but kept on forgetting. October seems like a good time to investigate, ehehe... Though it will probably be with the first game since it's cheaper and I like going in sequential order even if it's not necessary.

I still need to play a Tales game myself, period. I only ever watched an old friend of mine play through several of them, though my memories are faded. Since Tales of Symphonia seems to be the fan favorite, I'm probably better off starting with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles on PS3.

Button difficulty on Hard can be VERY difficult, at least at first. Some of the songs have pretty horrible pacing/timing...slower songs in particular are a royal nuisance. It's easier to pick up with touchscreen controls than Theatrhythm - which is just plain cruel at times - but I've struggled with a few songs. Practice makes perfect with these types of games. xD
    I've never been much of a PC Gamer - too many distractions, amongst other things - but I miiiiight look into it at some point...some Xenoblade tracks would make fun rhythm games, hehe.

I expect it'll be up to a good enough standard...Nintendo's entire policy is "just good enough" after all; it's always the exact same thing with a slightly different coat of paint. It won't be anything new, but if you're fine with essentially replaying the same Zelda game for the seventh or eighth time it'll be fun I expect. Despite my expectation that I'll power through it in under ten hours with no difficulty I'm looking forward to it~

The first game is a good place to start anyway; it still holds its own after all these years. Mostly because the concept of survival horror is practically dead so it has very little modern competition, but it has its moments! Shame about the lack of English voice acting, but then, English VA tends to make ridiculous horror even more ridiculous somehow, haha.

Symphonia is a good (in my opinion, the best) place to start if you're getting into the series, although the sequel leaves a lot to be desired. If you can get your hands on Eternia on PSP that's a good place to start as well. You can actually buy Symphonia Chronicles with Graces f in a triple pack now and it doesn't cost much more; I'd recommend getting that if you want to get into the series. Graces f is one of the weakest instalments in the franchise in my opinion, but...eh, to each their own. You might enjoy it where I didn't~

Speaking of triple packs...if you were after a new JRPG to play, you could pick up one of the Alchemist of Arland, Neptunia or Disgaea triple packs on PS3 if you were of a mind to! All three have vastly superior Vita version (Atelier has the Plus titles, Neptunia has Re;Birth, and Disgaea 3 and 4 are both on Vita with all the DLC included...D2 isn't worth playing) but they're still good deals regardless~

Well, you can just see how far you can go with just the original HDD and then save up for the bigger HDD =D
    In fact, my 500GB HDD is FAR from being filled :D

Also, SAO EU is actually not bugged =D Debug Complete just takes a bit longer to unlock than its Vita counterpart :D

That's the plan. I think mine is close to being half-full at this point...but the install filesizes for games are 30GB+, so once I plat and delete them that'll free up space...

Are you sure? I mean, the sheer number of people saying they haven't been able to get it from both US and EU territories - and the acknowledgements from the devs - suggests it is...how did you manage to get it in the end?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

You could be like me and get obsessed with Xillia. ;)

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Oh my, Xanadu =D I'm tempted but I kinda wanna see how #basedXSEED reacts to it =D
    CAN YOU XANADU? Someone from XSEED has already expressed interest in doing it. So, that's a plus that it might be localized.
    What would you say are the best SaGa games to check out? I had a ton of fun with The Last Remnant but Final Fantasy II left a really sour taste in my mouth, and from what I understand the actual SaGa games have an inconsistent quality to say the least.
    The three games I recommend are SaGa II, SaGa III (and their respective DS remakes), and Romancing SaGa (SNES or PS2, take your pick, both are fantastic; personal preference towards the PS2 versions myself) but since you've already mentioned that you weren't fond of SaGa II, that's one of my recommendations out the window and possibly another, due to SaGa III being very similar to it's predecessor. I guess Romancing SaGa would be the best suggestion since unlike SaGa II and SaGa III, there is less reliance on knowing the mechanics beforehand.

Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are improvements to the original Romancing SaGa. Personally, I think they're both fantastic games. I don't usually recommend these two until you've played/finished another SaGa game, since these two really embody the spirit of "open world exploration, unconventional gameplay, and non-linear branching plots". It takes a good while before you get accustomed to it's mechanics and quirks, but it's a relatively smooth ride once you do.

The only games to really keep a furrowed brow on is Unlimited SaGa. I wasn't particularly fond of it; you have to really want to play this game to get through the worst aspects of it, which is pretty much everything except for the music. YMMV for Unlimited SaGa though, it's certainly a game that you should try to experience yourself, since there is a larger discord than there should be between players who really enjoyed it and those who didn't care for it.

The SaGa Frontier duology are something that I still need to play one day. So, no comment from me about them.
    You really think so? :D With the delays, I'm not even sure it's really 2015 =D
    I really don't see Second Chapter coming out this year honestly. XSEED has constantly had to push the release date back, and now they're saying they plan on releasing it before Trails of Cold Steel, which actually has marketing and a set release date. The whole thing just sounds way too optimistic to me.

I'm being overly optimistic, guys ;____;

For what it's worth, Tom (a staff of XSEED) mention that he checked and compared the progress between the two games in response to a claim that Cold Steel was releasing first, he said that SC should still be on track for a release before CS.

I really hope that it doesn't come out in December or later. This is more a personal problem for myself, but I'm already planning to get the Evolution version of SC - which is still on track for December - and it would really hamper my enjoyment to XSEED's SC, even if it's in English, if I played SC EVO first.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Are you sure? I mean, the sheer number of people saying they haven't been able to get it from both US and EU territories - and the acknowledgements from the devs - suggests it is...how did you manage to get it in the end?
    Apparently even US versions can now obtain it :D
    Someone got it on US version by downloading EU version and since the list is shared it popped up for them =D

And the EU version just requires you to do around 100 missions apparently.
    With at least ~10 in Abandoned Area. I got it by doing a few more missions there. =D

pkmin3033

Apparently even US versions can now obtain it :D
    Someone got it on US version by downloading EU version and since the list is shared it popped up for them =D

And the EU version just requires you to do around 100 missions apparently.
    With at least ~10 in Abandoned Area. I got it by doing a few more missions there. =D
    So it's just annoyingly gimmicky instead of glitchy? Good to know. xD

I was going to put off playing it until I platted the Vita version, but that seems unlikely to happen anytime this year, so I might dive into it in-between FFXIV grinding. It might help me get better at the Vita version anyway! I started again a while back now and I have no idea how I managed to get to the state I was in beforehand...you might say I'm having trouble penetrating the game, haha.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Speaking of that, Lost Song's coming out, soon. Despite my feelings about the series (which are, put bluntly, not good), I've always been hopeful that it could live up to its ideas, and so far Lost Song looks good. I was skeptical when it was announced, thinking it would just capitalize on the name (which it does), but I think this is a lot closer to what people expected from a SAO game than Hollow Fragment/Infinity Moment (neither of which were bad, they were just more on the repetitive side).

Plus they just recently announced a third SAO title, which I find a little funny because, Content-wise, this title will make SAO a larger medium as a game than as an anime (and really, I wouldn't have it any other way).

pkmin3033

Well, awful Vita localization aside, I'd say Hollow Fragment already did a better job with SAO than the anime did, since it ignored the awful second arc entirely, which is where things started to go horribly wrong with it. Hollow Fragment played a lot like the Phantasy Star Portable titles in my opinion; it wasn't BAD persay, but yeah, it didn't really capture the feel of SAO to me either. Or, at least, the feel they tried and only partially succeeded in showcasing in the anime.

Lost Song, which is set in that second arc (or at least, the same world) has me nervous...it looks pretty good gameplay-wise, but if they destroy Asuna's character again in the story I'll be skipping the cutscenes again the same way I did with Hollow Fragment after I realised I wasn't going to get anything coherent out of it. I really want to like it, because I like the concept, but the presentation and the cast...agh, it's really pushing me to the limits of what I'm willing to overlook for the sake of gameplay. Still, no matter what they do, at least it's not as bad as Accel World was.

Not sure if I want it on Vita or PS4, either...I think it'd probably handle better on PS4 due to the flying about (dual analogue on Vita can be a real pain sometimes I think) but I have a tendency to always go with the handheld version when the choice is presented to me. Plus the handheld version is half the price of the PS4 version. It's why I'm not as pissed about Cyber Sleuth not getting a physical PS4 release in EU territories as I ought to be...I was getting the digital-only everywhere Vita version anyway. xD

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well, awful Vita localization aside, I'd say Hollow Fragment already did a better job with SAO than the anime did, since it ignored the awful second arc entirely, which is where things started to go horribly wrong with it. Hollow Fragment played a lot like the Phantasy Star Portable titles in my opinion; it wasn't BAD persay, but yeah, it didn't really capture the feel of SAO to me either. Or, at least, the feel they tried and only partially succeeded in showcasing in the anime.

Lost Song, which is set in that second arc (or at least, the same world) has me nervous...it looks pretty good gameplay-wise, but if they destroy Asuna's character again in the story I'll be skipping the cutscenes again the same way I did with Hollow Fragment after I realised I wasn't going to get anything coherent out of it. I really want to like it, because I like the concept, but the presentation and the cast...agh, it's really pushing me to the limits of what I'm willing to overlook for the sake of gameplay. Still, no matter what they do, at least it's not as bad as Accel World was.
    Did Asuna really have more character in SAO? I'd say she did before she was reintroduced later and rabu became a thing. So basically for one episodes. But I have pretty strong feelings against her so I can't much say her not being in most of ALO was a minus for me. Not that the cast of that season was much better, of course. Essentially, once she became a main character and then I realized Kirito wasn't much better (or worse?), my interest in the show started to wane since those two were the main characters. Still not as bad as ALO, though, but that's kind of why I'm looking forward to Lost Song (and HF, where apparently you got to play a Kirito not-Kirito, which is a huge step up from Infinity Moment for me).

Despite my feelings for the show and its 2 MCs, I've always felt it had potential (still do), and Lost Song really does seem like a chance to make better a season that was devoid of what made SAO so interesting to begin with. SAO was interesting- just straight off- because it effectively showed the world of SAO and it looked interesting, and as time went on it showed more of it. ALO was "Here are forests, you're a fairy. There's a tower, save your girlfriend," and...well, that was it. Yet ironically, Lost Song looks to be a pretty open game in contrast to HF/IM. To its credit, IM/HF was pretty...not complex, but deep and gave a bit of choice in building your character, and considering this time around you get to make your own (which makes me a happy duck) and that there's multiplayer, that's more important this time around. Plus the game'll supposedly have its own story, so there's that. Not really sure why they're adding Accel World MC; apparently the two canons are tied, now.

Eh, but I'm rambling.

Not sure if I want it on Vita or PS4, either...I think it'd probably handle better on PS4 due to the flying about (dual analogue on Vita can be a real pain sometimes I think) but I have a tendency to always go with the handheld version when the choice is presented to me. Plus the handheld version is half the price of the PS4 version. It's why I'm not as pissed about Cyber Sleuth not getting a physical PS4 release in EU territories as I ought to be...I was getting the digital-only everywhere Vita version anyway. xD
    I'd say go Vita, personally. I will be, and not specifically because I don't have a PS4. The game, graphically, doesn't look bad, but the way I see it, if I can get the game for $40 and play it on my Vita and PSTV, I don't see much reason to pay the extra $20 for a similar experience. 'Specially since the multiplayer isn't local (not that I know that I'll use it at all). The game'll look great on the PSTV, too. Disgaea 4 Vita did, Danganronpa looked pretty sharp, among other games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back