• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Wii U has had a year to get traction and it still hasn't really gained any steam, and while losing online functions on the Wii is pretty harsh, I don't feel like it's going to suddenly boost sales of the Wii U unless people just HAVE to have a Mario Kart online experience, (which could be just as easily fixed buy getting a 2DS/3DS and Mario Kart 7 really).

There just isn't anything big comming out for it. Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are both very good games, but they don't have the same selling power as they might of had a few years back. In my mind, what Nintendo really needs is something it just isn't going to get. 3rd Party Support. It might be able to squeeze by if they start releasing some new IP, or focus on a series that hasn't seen any titles in a while, or any console titles (Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Metroid, Wario Land, Fire Emblem, or Punchout just to name a few)

Hell, maybe even some quality releases with proper marketing behind them. Dues Ex was cool, but why not some other games like Sonic Generations, Skyrim, Fallout? Surely if you give it some extra content and really market it there has got to be some sort of audience for that stuff. With the Wii U being my only current console atm, I wouldn't mind having some games re-released on it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

Not to mention there MUST be a new Zelda coming out sooner or later; that's good stuff too.

You must not have seen this commercial by Nintendo which came out a few months ago. They're releasing a "Legend of Zelda meets Dynasty Warriors" game entitled "Hyrule Warriors", although the release date of it hasn't confirmed yet. Here's a trailer for it, enjoy!

Nakala Pri

I've saw that before and it looks... odd, hard but fun! :D AKA, most Zelda games, haha.

I think it be a nice idea! ^^

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
I'm excited for that too...but I've been saving to get my Wii-U with Bayonetta. I may pick up another game or two at that time. I've played my friend's when she got it for her birthday, and it's the same as the Wii to me...another fun party console *shrug*

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
If the Wii was just a fun party console then god damn do I want more fun party consoles because the Wii was the best console last gen.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
I didn't mean that as downplaying it. I owned a Wii, but I also had a 360 at the same time. I only played the Wii when my friends where over...same with my Gamecube. Most people see it as kind of that, a Party Console

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I'm excited for that too...but I've been saving to get my Wii-U with Bayonetta. I may pick up another game or two at that time. I've played my friend's when she got it for her birthday, and it's the same as the Wii to me...another fun party console *shrug*

If the Wii was just a fun party console then god damn do I want more fun party consoles because the Wii was the best console last gen.

I'd have to disagree with the Wii being the best last gen console. I think it definitely won the "wow!" factor with it being revolutionary with motion controls, but game content wise I don't believe it was heading the pack.

I'm really surprised that Nintendo bought out the rights for Bayonetta. Like people have been saying, the Wii-gaming audience seem more party- and family-oriented. My guess is that Nintendo is trying to appeal for a more mature audience than the kiddies; it's a shame for an Xbox lover like myself considering I loved the first Bayonetta - I'm on the fence whether or not to get a Wii U.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I would get Bayonetta 2 if I owned a Wii U for some reason but I'm not gonna buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2. :( I'm upset that it's exclusive to that console because it wasn't even on the original Wii and I really liked the first game too so it'll suck to never know how the series goes... because I don't see myself ever getting a Wii U.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'd have to disagree with the Wii being the best last gen console. I think it definitely won the "wow!" factor with it being revolutionary with motion controls, but game content wise I don't believe it was heading the pack.
The Wii had the best exclusives, and this is coming from someone who played the 360 a lot more.
I'm not gonna list games but anyone who even bothered exploring the Wii's library would see where I'm coming from.

I personally think the only real noteworthy exclusives on the PS3 are Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us, and Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 side. And if you ask me, those games as good as they are are plagued with flaws, whereas the Wii's supposed best games (either Galaxy games) it's really hard to find a single flaw within them. Not saying they're perfect because I do have a couple of issues with both of them (mainly in terms of level design), but that required multiple playthroughs to recognize, whereas for the other games I noticed them immediately.

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
Years
Every console has their great big exclusives, but Wii was the sleeper. I didn't get one until they came out with the Mario Bundle, but that took awhile for them to get out. Microsoft and Sony are all anyone talks about, because they are the ones taking slightly more innovative strides (except PS4, because why. Why. WHY is it not backwards compatable?)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Every console has their great big exclusives, but Wii was the sleeper. I didn't get one until they came out with the Mario Bundle, but that took awhile for them to get out. Microsoft and Sony are all anyone talks about, because they are the ones taking slightly more innovative strides (except PS4, because why. Why. WHY is it not backwards compatable?)

I remember reading an article about this, and I believe the reason why they aren't backwards compatible is because it can't run on it's highest software possible if it's trying to run lower-gen games. To be able to process 1080p or something close to that, they needed to make some sacrifices by choosing a new software unit that couldn't run on the lower gen games.

Looking at it from Microsoft's angle, this is what they had to say about the matter: ""Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment people have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future."

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I noticed Wii U owners actually barely buy games on their Wii U. A travesty because a lot of great games ("a lot" as in all of them with the exception of NSMBU) on the system sold poorly or downright bombed. (Wonderful 101 is such a sad case in particular.) I fear for DK.

Wasn't it because those games are getting most of their sales digitally via Nintendo e-shop (darn auto-correct)? Sales charts in general only count physical copies rather than digital copies, which is something that needs to change, so we won't have any misconceptions about the current state of a company.

Speaking of company, Sony is currently a far worse shape, for they are selling one of their buildings to make up for their 1.1 billion loss.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I thought the Wonderful 101 was good. :(
Jeez Sony is in 1.1 billion dollars of debt! that's heaps, at least the ps4 is selling really well. Honestly, I'll get an Xbone for shooters, A PS4 for whatever jRPG decides to get localized and a wii u for quality first party games. I might get a vita but the games on their aren't in my interest yet since most translations won't be done until like 3 years from now.Prince Sable for SSB4, also the Mii is deconfirmed...

TY

I beg to differ. The PS2 has backwards compability and the first generation of the PS3 had it too. However I just think they wanted to make some more money and just did the ridiculous thing of having to buy all those games again on the PSN store.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
You have to buy all the games again on the pasn store. What if youv already bought them? That's cheap

Years
I beg to differ. The PS2 has backwards compability and the first generation of the PS3 had it too. However I just think they wanted to make some more money and just did the ridiculous thing of having to buy all those games again on the PSN store.

That's why the PS2 is one of my favourite consoles; the backwards compatibility makes it possible to play the good old school games :D Still have quite a few of them just for nostalgia purposes. Don't know why they haven't done it since then, to be honest, besides the whole money factor.

Zet

Years
The reason why backwards compatibility isn't a thing any more is because of the hardware. The PS4 ditched the cell processor the PS3 had, so it can't play PS3 games(at least until gaiki arrives, but that's a streaming service like onlive). It's the same with reason with the Xbone. Newer hardware means you will lose that compatibility.

It should also be noted that Sony ditching the cell processor is a good thing.

Nakala Pri

I feel bad about how I have nothing to offer on these topics and how i keep changing the conversation buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, YOU'RE STUCK WITH ME! xD

On New Leaf, I've made a lot of upgrades on my town! :D

In late December, I added a much need bridge, then I made a random fence, then a bench, then a custom-design sign, then a face-cut-out thing and I have no idea what to make next. xD Maybe a modern clock? C:

So, what about you guys? ^^

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Apr 24, 2016
That was one game I passed over because I knew I wouldn't have time for it when pokemon came out. Also Animal Crossing takes up a ridiculous amount of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back