• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I just realized that I wanted SSB for my Wii U but it's not coming out for soooo long. I can't decide - worth it?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't know if I want to get it for the 3DS. I already play mine so little, I want Smash experienced on my Wii U in dem beautiful HD graphics. :) I'll be waiting.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a 3DS and not a WiiU, but I'm gonna wait and get a WiiU and the WiiU version of Smash Bros instead. I just get the feeling I'll like it better on a console than a handheld. 'Sides, there's other stuff worth getting on the WiiU as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    All my co-workers at GameStop are getting both. I'm tight on money in fall semester and I'd rather not have two of the same game, even though one comes out before the other. I love my 3DS and I have a great library of games for it, if I do say so myself, but I think I'll sit out on Smash 3D. I just don't want to pay for the same game twice. It's not like with Pokemon where there's so much compatibility and what not and version exclusives. This is literally the same.

I will, however, be preordering Amiibos of Link and Villager. n___n

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I'll be getting Yoshi, Villager, and DK Amiibos for the simple reason that I want those figurines. :) I don't even care about the game-to-figurine content. Just want me some high quality Nintendo figures!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    SAME KLIPPY. I did that with Pokemon Rumble U. Bought a figurine...don't even own the game haha. Those are apparently expensive and hard to find now. They don't sell them very long, so make sure you preorder any amiibos you want, guys.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I've been hearing they will be selling a lot of this first wave, but I am really only interested in a few. So long as I get those, I'll be good!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'll be getting both Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash Bros. Former, because... well, it's sort of a necessity for me, as I've always had at least one Smash Brothers game for almost each and every one of my Nintendo home-consoles. If I don't wind up purchasing this time around, it'd give me a weird, left-out feeling. As for latter, I'm getting it mostly because of the experience. I've never played SSB on any handheld before, and want to see what it's like, haha.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I don't want Smash for 3DS simply because I know I won't bother getting the U version when it comes out if I've already been playing it. I'd rather get one, definitive version instead of two or even one handheld one. I consider the definitive version to be the console version as that's where I've played the rest of the Smash games.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm gonna get the 3DS version, obvously because I have no Wii U. But when I do, I'm gonna get that version too. Obviously there's gonna be connectivity between the two, so I want to get the most I can from the games.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I posted some thoughts on the demo in the Smash thread (didn't check this first, maybe I should've posted here whoops) but... yeah. If you have a Wii U, I don't think I'd suggest bothering with the 3DS version of the new Smash Bros. The controls were so uncomfortable. Like, if you're really into Smash Bros and can't wait, go for it. But if you aren't sure which one to get--especially if you have an old 3DS and not one of the newer ones that's (supposedly?) more comfortable to hold--then it's probably not worth it to go with the 3DS version.

I mean, I assume either way that there'll be a demo for the English market closer to its release date so you can see for yourself, but I think the demo actually killed my interest in getting the 3DS game rather than entice me, whoops. The whole time I kept thinking "god I wish I was playing this with a real controller".

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Then it would have been completely fine to buy it, if they actually released the n3DS in october. *sigh*
    I still can't believe they had to apparently delay it to get rid of the old stock. Rumor has it that it was supposed to be an E3 reveal, but stagnant sales for the older models meant stock clearing was needed, and thus a delay. Stupid 2DS probably did them in, stalling the sales of the XL, thus creating less of a need for it.

In other news, BOOBS!Fatal Frame trailer!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXseay5FFM&list=UUkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA
    I think its okay to post, nothing revealing, will take down as necessary. Good to see the Camera Obscura will be the gamepad, early mentions of map and menus on it gave a real fright(hohoho) to the fans.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If I really can't stand to not get my Smash fix, my bf is planning on getting the 3DS version even though he knows I'm getting the Wii U version because he can't wait that long for his Fire Emblem characters. I didn't own any of the other SSB ever, no reason to be impatient for this one!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't get the current one then.....

I'll enlighten you. It is one of the more popular phrases that was made by a popular Let's Player who goes by NintendoCapriSun in YouTube. He says it whenever there's something bad going down.

Reactions: Nah

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Jak and I are big fans of NCS. We spent hours together on Skype watching his LPs and giggling as we quoted him. He's got a lot of catchphrases and he's actually a great guy (really humble and nice), so I like giving him shoutouts when I can. :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I feel bad for not being into Let's Players.

It feels like back seat driving to me. :\

I don't watch LPs for the games; I watch them for the personalities.

Two of my favorite series right now are Mindcrack's GMOD series (Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunters) and their Mario Kart races. I love seeing personalities interact and despite not being able to play with them, you almost feel like you are.

I don't really like single-player LPs unless the LPer has a big personality, once again...like the Mindcrack guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back