• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Omg they're literally just calling it "new 3DS". Lolololol I like it.

Haha, I can see it now.

Uninformed Mother: Hi, I want to buy my son a new 3DS.

GameStop: Sure here you go, did he was a new XL or 3DS?

Uninformed Mother: Oh, the XL, that's the bigger one right?

GameStop: Here you go.

Uninformed Mother: Hey Jonny, open your birthday present.

Jonny: Mom!!!! I already have a 3ds, I want a NEW one.

Uninformed Mother: This is a new one.

Jonny: MOM! I want a new new 3ds LL or even an old new 3ds.

Mom: Wuh????????????

Years
    ^ I love Castlevania's artstyle and atmosphere, wondering what this new game will be like...

Also, I am playing the new Kirby Fighters game, wondering if a PC gaming event would be fun the weekend before Oct. 3, in celebration of SSB4 3ds.

Anyway, everyone should download a copy, it was well worth 8 bucks. Also, I downloaded Demon King Box, the art/style looks beautiful, haven't tried it yet, anyone else try it out yet?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Haha, I can see it now.

Uninformed Mother: Hi, I want to buy my son a new 3DS.

GameStop: Sure here you go, did he was a new XL or 3DS?

Uninformed Mother: Oh, the XL, that's the bigger one right?

GameStop: Here you go.

Uninformed Mother: Hey Jonny, open your birthday present.

Jonny: Mom!!!! I already have a 3ds, I want a NEW one.

Uninformed Mother: This is a new one.

Jonny: MOM! I want a new new 3ds LL or even an old new 3ds.

Mom: Wuh????????????
    I can definitely see that happening too. Nintendo needs to get better with the names or something.....

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'm proud to say, that after over a year of playing The Binding of Isaac off an on, I have finally beaten Mom for the first time. I feel really accomplished!

(Too bad that wasn't the true ending and I still have to go through it again and beat Mom's Heart, a much harder boss in a much harder new level I have never played -_-)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm proud to say, that after over a year of playing The Binding of Isaac off an on, I have finally beaten Mom for the first time. I feel really accomplished!

(Too bad that wasn't the true ending and I still have to go through it again and beat Mom's Heart, a much harder boss in a much harder new level I have never played -_-)

W-wait...there's another boss?? I thought once you defeated Mom's Leg you just, you know, beat Mom ;_;

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    W-wait...there's another boss?? I thought once you defeated Mom's Leg you just, you know, beat Mom ;_;
    Beating Mom unlocks The Womb as a new area after The Depths, which has the new final boss Mom's Heart. If you beat that like 8 or 9 times, idr which, you unlock It Lives, another final boss. There are yet more bosses than that if you have the DLC. I am currently playing without the DLC installed because I'm not good enough for it yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I can definitely see that happening too. Nintendo needs to get better with the names or something.....

Yeah, same here. I'm hoping that it's only a temporary thing, and they wind up renaming prior to actual release.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Yeah, same here. I'm hoping that it's only a temporary thing, and they wind up renaming prior to actual release.
    They probably will rename it, the same way that here it's the XL and there it's the LL. I believe they are using the English word "New" in their name rather than using the Japanese equivalent, so for over there the name would be less confusing.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    They probably will rename it, the same way that here it's the XL and there it's the LL. I believe they are using the English word "New" in their name rather than using the Japanese equivalent, so for over there the name would be less confusing.

I mean, this isn't really a "new" trend. They had the Wii then the Wii U, and remember how well that marketing debacle went? It's nothing new; Nintendo has just been downright bad with naming their more modern consoles.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I mean, this isn't really a "new" trend. They had the Wii then the Wii U, and remember how well that marketing debacle went? It's nothing new; Nintendo has just been downright bad with naming their more modern consoles.
    I'm pretty sure that the Wii U's lack of name originality had little to do with its lack of sales, lol! I mean we have an Xbox One. XBOX ONE! People used to call the Xbox that, remember?

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    I'm a bit turned off by a new handheld. My XL is barely a year old, and that was a bit of a stretch for me to get

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'm pretty sure that the Wii U's lack of name originality had little to do with its lack of sales, lol! I mean we have an Xbox One. XBOX ONE! People used to call the Xbox that, remember?

True, you got me there. Now looking back, I don't even know if my comment really related to the topic haha. My point was completely off from the point trying to be made :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Wii U, PS3, 3DS recommendations

I'd like to have some recommendations for games since my library of PS3 and Wii U games are minimal. I have a couple 3DS games but would like to try more.

I'm a big fan of laid back colorful games like the Kirby series. I love Kirby a lot and really enjoyed Triple Deluxe. Mario platformers can be included as well to my interests.

Besides the laid back and colorful games, I also really enjoy a good fighting game like Ultra Street Fighter IV, Bloody Roar Primal Fury, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Soul Calibur 2, Smash Bros 64/Melee/Brawl to name a few.

The only RPG's I liked are Pokemon and Fire Emblem Awakening. I dislike First Person Shooters though. Any recommendations are appreciated! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you haven't tried it yet, you should definitely consider giving Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time a go. I've purchased it for my 3DS some time ago, and have played through it on approximately three different occasion, and it never ceased to make me feel entertained. It's a great game! Alongside, you could also try Wind Waker HD, if you like. I personally haven't gotten around to finishing this game, but it's equally as great.

If you enjoy platformer, then perhaps you could also give Rayman Legends a run? It's available for both PS3 and Wii U, I believe!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Fighting game wise, you could always go with Tekken or Blazblue. Platformer wise, I'd go with the Jak & Daxter HD Collection and maybe the God Of War series too. Those are just a few off the top of my head though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I tried Ocarina of Time 3D and Wind Waker but just can't get into Zelda games. I will definitely consider Rayman Legends though! I'll give Jak & Daxter a go. I definitely thought about trying both BlazBlue and Tekken. Thank you guys. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Someone recommended Jak and Daxter and it wasn't me?! On one hand, I'm proud of who suggested it but on the other, I'm upset it wasn't me that did. -grumble-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back