• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will ALL Pokémon be in X and Y?

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    im glad a lot of you seem to think that at least some kanto pokemon will be in the game and now i heard pidgey is in the game which makes me happy since it was the first bird pokemon i caught. i do have a wishlist of which kanto poke i want in the game such as caterpie (i love butterfree),muk,choice of one of the starters before the elite 4 so you can use them properly,maganamite,growlithe and a few more oh lapras too. as for the national dex i really dont expect that many 100-120 at most i would be surprised if it was 150+.and i dont want to many legendary pokemon they have too many already and its ruining the legendary part of pokemon.i liked it when it was just the 3 birds mewtwo and mew but i understand why they need to put 1 or 2 of the most powerful pokemon of the series.i just miss the old pokemon and i want to experience catching them again in colour and looking better.

Years
  • I seriously doubt that this will be the case. I think that it is far more likely that Game Freak in say two or three years time release an entire new version of the kanto region on the 3DS. Because as far as I know the 3DS and the DS are not compatible and therefore the only way of getting Kanto, Jhoto, Hoen, Shino and even Unova Pokemon into the game is to make 3DS versions of these games. Now I seriously doubt that Unova and Shinno will have remakes anytime soon. But would not be surprised if there are Hoen and Kanto remakes to come shortly.

Sirfetch’d

I personally hope they won't and don't think they will. I expect there to be a big number of them, possibly around 60, but I honestly don't think they will include an entire previous region's Pokedex in a new game. It has never happened before, so why expect it to now? I think there will be a balance of Pokemon from the previous regions maybe around 40-60 from each of the previous regions and then ofc the new Pokemon.

Years
  • I hope not. If Gamefreak really wanted to do something with all Kanto Pokemon, they would make another remake. I don't think that will happen though. We still have to see a Hoenn remake. Kanto was in Pokemon HG/SS as well so it definitely won't be making a return in the distant future.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I seriously doubt that this will be the case. I think that it is far more likely that Game Freak in say two or three years time release an entire new version of the kanto region on the 3DS. Because as far as I know the 3DS and the DS are not compatible and therefore the only way of getting Kanto, Jhoto, Hoen, Shino and even Unova Pokemon into the game is to make 3DS versions of these games. Now I seriously doubt that Unova and Shinno will have remakes anytime soon. But would not be surprised if there are Hoen and Kanto remakes to come shortly.

As far as the game systems themselves they may not. I know mine at least doesnt trade with with DS systems. However the games themselves if they are put into a 3ds model they will be just fine. If its anything like the Poke Transfer thing moving all mons over to X and Y any system ds or 3ds will work because I have done it with a friend.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • Although I'm sure there will be many original Pokemon in the game, they've already played out Kanto to the max. If any extra generation is used in full it would be Hoenn since a remake is in such high demand.

Sirfetch’d

Although I'm sure there will be many original Pokemon in the game, they've already played out Kanto to the max. If any extra generation is used in full it would be Hoenn since a remake is in such high demand.

While I would love that because Hoenn is my favorite region, I don't think they would include any region's complete Pokedex. I still feel that it will be a balanced number from each generation. But who knows? I may be wrong.

Nakala Pri

Well, some trailers and snapshots indicated there will be quite a few, with Dragonite and such. But I hope they pick up 1st Gen Pokemon in this so-far awesome game. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    There is a huge chance that they will be included, back in the days of RS era -- the time when remakes were not official yet. A lot of older Generation fans complained a lot about some Pokémon like Mareep, Magmar, Aerodactyl being absent from the said games. I'm sure that the crew learnt their lessons already! ;) As since then in Generation IV and V, older Pokémon were not excluded from newer Gens.

Though there are rumors about not being able to migrate Pokémon from Generation V. I'm sure, GF/Nintendo will allow us to download older Pokemon as Mass Outbreak(or other similar method) from DLC. So don't worry too much about it!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I doubt it and why would they really? For one thing variety is important and secondly they'll probably want to have pokemon from each gen that are inaccessible outside trading or migrating from past games.

I do feel like we could be looking at a larger initial regional dex than usual though. Hopefully they'll stuff the routes with loads of pokemon.

Years
  • I doubt all of the Kanto pokémon will be in the game. Probably a substantial amount, but not all. They'll want to give players a chance to use the new pokémon, not let them rely on pokémon they've been using for the last 10 years.
    I read first bit and thought to myself what about the other gens? Until I read last bit I can completely understand now. But I would want gen 1 in there because I'm an annoying guy who wants all gens and all pokemon in 1 game :D be a huge catch spree, never will happen though :(

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I read first bit and thought to myself what about the other gens? Until I read last bit I can completely understand now. But I would want gen 1 in there because I'm an annoying guy who wants all gens and all pokemon in 1 game :D be a huge catch spree, never will happen though :(

I'm working on that one myself ;3 The ultimate Pokegame, an endall, with every region, every generation!

As for the question at hand, most generation pokemon, if included, will likely be Post-game, like swarms and such. But there will probably be those, usual ones as well. The weak ones near the beginning, or the dragons near the end.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm hoping if that the majority of past region Pokemon in these games are those of Gen I and II, and maybe even their legends as I missed them in generation V.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well we get to choose a starter from Kanto...now if the birds are in this then I'll be fine if there's no more Kanto Pokémon as the starters, and the Kanto legends are my favorites (of course they'll proably be more which I don't mind at all) of that region. Now for Johto Pokémon...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's been confirmed that Pidgey, Caterpie, Psyduck and Pikachu will be available early-on in game. I'm happy to see the Pidgey line making a return, definitely will be tempted to use it on my team and see its 3D sprite in battle!

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    in a interview with masuda it was stated that xy will include all pokemon from previous games. Now at first glance i took this to mean that all pokemon will be in xy. But after looking at the interview it seems that it wasn't masuda saying that , it seems that it was the interviewer just stating that for the people who were just casual pokemon players or new players.
    But what from what we see ,it seems a great deal of kanto pokemon will be in the game
    so far i count 19 so thats like a littlle more than 10% of kanto pokemon so far

Back