• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Dragon Ball Z ever return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkheezy

Easy going trainer
Years
  • DBZ was a great show so was DB. Sorry to the fans of GT but that series sucked. Anywho to the topic at hand. The Dragon ball series were great but there is no need to add more. They have the remastered DVDS of Dragonball Z and that's good enough for me. Besides what else could they do without being repetitive?

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • did anyone watch the 80s movie? it was live action and it was partly twisted off the main story. it was hella funny, i remember that much. i think it was called dragon sphere or something >.>

there were also rumors about Dragonball AF. The GT movie about grandma Pan and kid Goku, yea, supposedly it was going to be series, but i guess not. would've been cool, i would watch it just to finish the whole series.

which reminds me, i need to finish dragonball. TT.TT

Xicer

World's Greatest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2022
    Yes, there is a new anime movie coming out in November 2008 and its called Dragonball: Yo Son Goku and his friends return!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball:_Yo!_Son_Goku_and_His_Friends_Return!!
    https://www.jumpfesta.com/anime/anime-info/index.html
    Based on an original concept by the original author Akira Toriyama, the story, set shortly after the defeat of Majin Buu, pits Son Goku and his friends against a new, powerful enemy.
    This special introduces four new characters: Avo (アボ Abo?) and Cado (カド Kado?), red and blue aliens wearing battle fatigues similar to Frieza's army, one tiny yellow alien, and a young Saiyan child who vaguely resembles Vegeta named Table (ターブル Tāburu?). Though very little about the plot has been revealed, Table has arrived on Earth, being pursued by Avo and Cado.

Read my fan-fiction

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I kinda stopped watching Dragon Ball Z after the Cell Games because older Teen Gohan was such a nerd... the Great Sayaman poses were just horrible to watch. I did like the Buu sagas though, i just didn't have the time to watch it. And as legendary as GT looked, I never got around to watching it. I loved DB and all, but the great part of the series was DBZ between the time Goku arrives on Namek and when Gohan defeats Cell.

There is really no where to go, or a place for it to return because the gist of the series is about Goku, through all 3 of the series it was about him, even if all he did for multiple episodes was to sit in a revitilzation chamber or travel around the galaxy while his family/Earth was being taken over by Garlic junior...

There will alwas be a place in my heart for this series, i just rented Fushion Reborn, and loved it, but no I don't see it coming back... and I really hope this live action movie just doesn't suck...

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Gt wasnt even in the original Story, Dragon Ball Z was supposed to be the last of the DB Series. GT was created cause the rating of DBZ, so Gt wasnt even in Manga, Only DB and DBZ was a manga, I Forgot what the Company that handle the DB Series anime, they made or asked Toriyama to making GT for them. Thats why GT wasnt that great as DB or DBZ. cause it was suppose to end at DBZ.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hope not and I really think it lasted too long. It was weird in the GT series but Buu was great but since they forgot Freiza the show stinks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    I doubt it, but there is going to be an "ova" special to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Jump magazine in Japan.

Apparently it will be supervised by Toriyama and it will take place before GT, but after the Buu Saga.

There is also a crossover manga that he made with the creator of One Piece.

Wait GT is non-canon? seriously? That's news to me...

Well, it's an officially licensed part of the series, but it's not really "canon."

Toriyama didn't write it. He designed a few ships and drew some artwork for the series, but the animators(Toei Animation) wrote the story. It's like an entire series of filler, it has many plot-holes, and many characters seem a ooc. Many people do not consider it to be a part of the series.

I have mixed feeling about it. I like some parts of it(Trunks crossdressing lolz, the music, and a few designs) and hate others(too many characters are pushed aside and ignored, Goku's shiney butt @_@, etc).

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • it needed to end.

as you can tell, im a HUGE DBZ fanatic.

but, GT just went to far with it. The Buu saga wouldv'e been the perfect end. but no, the had to keep milkin the cash cow

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    By the way they're still milking money with these insade remakes of different fighthing games. I got Budokai 2, Tenkaichi 2 and Tenkaichi 3... They're awesome, but they still have to remake these fighting games and make other concepts of fights. Damn...

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    it needed to end.

as you can tell, im a HUGE DBZ fanatic.

but, GT just went to far with it. The Buu saga wouldv'e been the perfect end. but no, the had to keep milkin the cash cow

Lol true, but keep in mind that even the buu saga(although it's one of my personal favorites too) was also milking the series for all it was worth. He originally wanted to end it when they finished collecting all 7 dragon balls in the original series, but the fans didn't want it to end so he continued for their sake. Then he wanted to end it after Goku fought Piccolo, but the fans wanted more. Again he wanted to end it after frieza was defeated, but fans still wanted more. Then he wanted to end it after Cell was defeated, but yet again the fans wouldn't let him end his manga. Poor guy, he was totally overworked, no wonder he can't remember his characters anymore.

That's why he didn't want to work on GT and left it up to the animators to continue(big mistake).

Dragon Ball has a such a huge fanbase, I guess it difficult to keep them all happy.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I don't think so. Not on tv that is. You can still get on DVD though. But it won't return, since now Toonami is canceled. So there is no chance.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • Funny, I've never watched a Dragon Ball Z episode in my life. I never understood it at all. Oh well. Something that will always remain a mystery to me..

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    if they make a new dbz anime it is going to be bad and if they do at least they will have a new thing they can realize 50 times to milk us out of our money
    Sounds like Nintendo to me.

The thing is, DB and DBZ are classics and pretty much paved the way for anime in the west. But it should never come back.

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
  • Sounds like Nintendo to me.

The thing is, DB and DBZ are classics and pretty much paved the way for anime in the west. But it should never come back.

I am also an avid Dragonball Z fan and agree that it should not be brought back. It would kill me, in fact, to see them try to once again resurrect it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back