• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Satoshi get a real Mega?

Nagi-chan

I make videos on Youtube about Pokémon and other a
    Years
    Hey guys
    This is a question I´ve been wondering for a while now, but the recent episodes leave me with the speculation of Satoshi actually not getting a real mega. To summarize my thoughts I made a video about the topic, so maybe if you´re interested you can watch it and tell me your opinion of why or why not you think that Satoshi will get a Mega Pokémon. I´m looking forward to the discussion:)

Last edited:
    Years
    I really want Ash (Satoshi) to have a Mega, specially a Mega Charizard Y (it has not appeared in any episode yet). But that's not going to happen, having a Mega means the Pokémon he has closely bonded with (the most).. Well he has bonded with all the Pokémons he has, but the closest is Pikachu which won't get a Mega (Raichu may get but not Pikachu). And he always leaves his Pokémons at Oak's Lab & leaving his Mega wouldn't be good. so he may not get it. But I really wish he have one as soon as possible.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Wishing it'll be Charizard for a number of reasons:
    - Arguably his strongest since the beginning of the series.
    - The Charmander line is overused across all sorts of Pokémon media, so why break that trend.
    - Since Ash/Satoshi is based on Red, Charizard is frequently paired with that character in other media (see above).
    - Had Noivern not been part Dragon-type, his entire team sans Pikachu would be weak to Electric attacks, so might as well just toss another one in there to get shot down by lightning.
    - Charizard Y vs. Charizard X would be entertaining. Mirror match between two Charizard Xs would be equally amusing.

Years
    The Alain thing has been strung out long enough, resolving or continuing it just by Ash getting a Charizard Mega of his own would probably be underwhelming and make them too similar. In any case, where Ash has a long history with a Pokémon, they might not want to change this in form significantly, just as they might prefer not evolving Pikachu. He might still get a Mega, though, it might be interesting if they go for a semi-obscure type like Ice, etc.

They seem to have skipped giving Ash a Mega and just made him into a Mega himself. The only problem is that Pikachu isn't involved. Perhaps Pikachu could take over as trainer, and send out Ash as Greninja-Ash, the inverse of Ash-Greninja with a Greninja controlling Ash?

Nagi-chan

Years
    Spoiler:

That´s quite complex thinking^^" although it would be quite interesting to actually see Pokémon in command of their trainers^^

Spoiler:

That´s very true, but I think that despite the fact that Ash has a very strong bond to his Pikachu, he also has to his Charizard and his other Pokémon, just in a different way (or Pikachu and Charizard are actually quite similar). But since Pikachu can´t mega-evolve, it would only make sense if he got Y because next to Pikachu, it´s the Pokémon with which making a bond was most difficult, but for that part even stronger. I think it´s just not comparable to the bond he has with his other Pokémon.

Spoiler:

I know..that´s why I don´t understand why they gave him so many flying types in the first place (and practically the whole team except Talonflame is weak to fairy). But the clash between X and Y would be awesome, so I won´t give up hope yet that he might get the Mega (unfortunately not gonna bet on though).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Hmm... this topic.

I don't think he will. As common of an answer this is, I feel Ash will never get the ability to wield Mega Evolution. He has his Greninja that has its own form of "mega evolution" so to speak. If he DID... get a Mega, that'd kinda kill the reason for Ash-Greninja, no? I feel there's a reason he hasn't received a Keystone yet, or never will... perhaps he's just not cut to wield the ability, but you never know, it COULD happen. I still wanna see Ash's underused Pokemon that can Mega Evolve (Hi Glalie & Heracross) to return someday and Mega Evolve, tbh.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    I really want Ash (Satoshi) to have a Mega, specially a Mega Charizard Y (it has not appeared in any episode yet). But that's not going to happen, having a Mega means the Pokémon he has closely bonded with (the most).. Well he has bonded with all the Pokémons he has, but the closest is Pikachu which won't get a Mega (Raichu may get but not Pikachu). And he always leaves his Pokémons at Oak's Lab & leaving his Mega wouldn't be good. so he may not get it. But I really wish he have one as soon as possible.

Charizard's mega evolution in anime gonna take time man, a lot of time. Maybe Ash gets a mega Greninja first? We know that since it was a froakie, it shared a strong friendship bond with him, and Alan said that greninja mega evolved with a strong friendship bond. So, i think the mega evolution of greninja is an event which can be counted on. Personally, even I would love it if he takes his charizard back, and eventually, get a mega charizard Y.

Years
    Charizard's mega evolution in anime gonna take time man, a lot of time. Maybe Ash gets a mega Greninja first? We know that since it was a froakie, it shared a strong friendship bond with him, and Alan said that greninja mega evolved with a strong friendship bond. So, i think the mega evolution of greninja is an event which can be counted on. Personally, even I would love it if he takes his charizard back, and eventually, get a mega charizard Y.

He won't get a Mega Greninja as it already has it's Ash-Greninja form which is as powerful as a Mega.

Years
    I mainly agree with Karnavaly's point, Ash seems unlikely to get a Mega since Ash-Greninja seems to act similar to a Mega, with the strong bond but the twist is it seems to fuse Ash with Greninja and that's how Ash can feel pain when Greninja is hurt.

Nagi-chan

Years
    I mainly agree with Karnavaly's point, Ash seems unlikely to get a Mega since Ash-Greninja seems to act similar to a Mega, with the strong bond but the twist is it seems to fuse Ash with Greninja and that's how Ash can feel pain when Greninja is hurt.

Exactly my point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

That's make it worst then a Mega since A Megevolve pokemon doesn't kill you literately.
    Chances are that Ash-Greninja might become the reason behind Ash losing Kalos league.
    Plus , What about the next series ? Will Ash start taking Greninja to every region ?

Not to mention , Shota can have Mega Sceptile and Mega Salamance because of his free key-stone.
    But Can Ash synergy-evolve Charizard and Sceptile ?

Also , Writer gave Greninja an unfair advantage over Ash's pokemon.
    At least , Megevolution gives all Ash's pokemon a fair chance as long as Ash finds the mega Stone.
    But , Ash-Greninja pretty much stand for " All other Ash's Pokemon and their bond are inferior ! Only Greninja has greater Bond then Ash and he's Ash's strongest pokemon"

Honestly , Why does Ash always has to pay a prize for everything ? He get something like a Mega that's kills him and a Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release.
    While Alain and Shota get Free Mega Pokemon and Pseudo-legendary pokmone without paying any prize , Why does they gets everything for Free ? Does Ash has to pay prize for everything just because he's Takeshi Shodu's creation ?
    I won't be surprise if Greninja dies to save the world and Writers used Ash further development and Story as excuse.

Years
    When it comes to Greninja, while it might discourage a Mega-Evolution as well, it might seem a bit strange to leave the main character out of the loop when it comes to Mega Stones, etc., given that they were promoted quite significantly. That said, a team with multiple Pokémon who change forms randomly might be a bit much, and cause the anime some hold-ups, so we'll have to see if they bother with that.

That's make it worst then a Mega since A Megevolve pokemon doesn't kill you literately [sic.].
    Chances are that Ash-Greninja might become the reason behind Ash losing Kalos league.
    To be fair, it might imply a certain amount of micro-management that most trainers would like, so in that sense it could be stronger in certain ways. The problem there would seem to be more that Ash doesn't really have any specific direction when it comes to battle, usually, or any particular style of his own, so they don't really have much to do other than feel hurt by this. That is really their own problem, though.

Mega-Evolved Pokémon kill with typos.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    As of right now there is little to no possibility that Ash will be receiving a Mega Pokemon. First of all, anyone that's gone close to the group with the Mega Ring/Stone has caused Puni-Chan/Squishy to hide in Bonnie's bag. If Ash had gotten a Mega anything during Puni's time with the group I don't think the little guy will come out of the bag if even stay with the group, in all honestly. It might not be clear to the group but it's pretty clear that Puni does not like the mega items used for evolution. Tat and there's no need for Ash to obtain a mega if, as mentioned before, has Ash-Greninja in replacement. Yes, it's doing damage to him. But just like with Mega Evolution him and Greninja are going through their own trials to master mega evolution. After all, we've seen others go through trials (Korrina and Lucario for example), so Ash and Greninja are no exception. Bt unlike Mega-Evolution, this kind of evolution that Ash and Greninja are going through is untested so it could very well be the reason why it's causing harm to his health. For all we know it could have been the same with with Mega-Evolution before they completed the development of rings and the like. Someone had to make those which means someone went through trial and error, correct?

Beyond that come next generation there might be another thing that they can give to Ash instead. Some other mechanic that they can utilize. Whether or not Ash gets another version of it like with Mega evolution will depend on the mechanic itself, but mega evolution is sixth gen's thing. While they could continue that with seventh gen they'll likely also come up with something else that's new as well. By the time he gets to the league in Kalos he'll have mastered Ash-Greninja with Greninja so really there's no need to bring Charizard in and try to master Mega evolution as well.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    In the future? Maybe, assuming that Mega Evolution continues being a prominent feature of the franchise.

But as far as XY&Z goes? With Satoshi-Gekkouga already able to go head-to-head with Alan's Mega Lizardon, Shōta's Mega Jukain, and even Carne's Mega Sirknight? Hell no. To add a traditional Mega Evolution to Satoshi's lineup at this point when Gekkouga is able to take the fight to a champion would just be overkill.

I think that the only reason Satoshi doesn't actually have a traditional Mega Evolution this time around is because Diance is the only Kalos region Pokémon that's capable of it. All of the others (Lizardon, Heracross, Jukain, Onigohri) are from past regions, that Satoshi isn't going to carry around with him while he's travelling through Kalos. If Mega Gekkouga actually existed, that's what Satoshi would have gotten. But the writers clearly wanted to give him something, so Satoshi-Gekkouga is what we get instead.

If Sun & Moon introduces some Gen. 7 Megas (or synchros, if that's going to be the new gimmick), Satoshi might get one of those.
    Honestly , Why does Ash always has to pay a prize for everything ? He get something like a Mega that's kills him and a Pseudo-Legendary pokemon that he had to release.
    While Alain and Shota get Free Mega Pokemon and Pseudo-legendary pokmone without paying any prize , Why does they gets everything for Free ? Does Ash has to pay prize for everything just because he's Takeshi Shodu's creation ?
    Because that's how good stories tend to work? The main character isn't supposed to get these kinds of things for free. There's no satisfactory feeling in the payoff of the character getting to that next level without them having to fight for it. Sacrifice and struggle are integral to good storytelling.

And that struggle is present in the characters of Shōta and Alan, even if they don't get the kind of focus that Satoshi and Gekkouga are getting. Because they aren't the characters the anime is currently following.

Shōta wants to defeat Satoshi, which he will presumably do at some point – either in XY&Z026 or (unfortunately) at the Kalos League. But should he actually accomplish that goal, it'll only be after having taken several losses to Satoshi, as well as Citron and Mâche. It'll only be after he's had to a grow a team capable of giving Satoshi a good fight. That this all happens admittedly off-screen doesn't change the fact that Shōta very much had to work and suffer setbacks, same as Satoshi, on the way to achieving what he wants.

Alan very much had to pay a price for what he wanted. Alan's goal is to become "the strongest" with his Mega Lizardon, so that he can protect the people he cares about. TSME Act I ended with the two of them losing to Zumi and his Mega Kamex. Alan and Lizardon were outmatched by the legendaries in TSME Act II and Act III. Along the way, Alan befriended Manon and Hari-san and the two of them both came to be in the category of those he cared about and wanted to protect. TSME Act IV sees Alan run away from Manon in the pursuit of becoming stronger and Fleur-de-lis allows him to finally make progress by having him challenge ten Mega Evolution trainers, including Pachira. Alan succeeds, defeating Pachira, and finally makes progress in becoming the strongest – only to pay the price of being unable to protect Hari-san, which was the whole point. And to top it all off, Alan and Lizardon will most likely end up being beaten by Satoshi and Gekkouga when all is said and done.

So neither Shōta nor Alan get what they want for free, if they even get it at all. They don't have the same stories as Satoshi does, but they sacrifice and suffer setbacks same as he's currently doing with Gekkouga. The only reason it's not to the same degree is because Satoshi is present for 100+ episodes and is the central character of the anime, and they're not.

Think about some of the most satisfying payoff moments in Satoshi's history: befriending Pikachu, getting Lizardon to obey him, defeating Shigeru in the Jouto League, winning the Battle Frontier, controlling Goukazaru's Blaze, defeating Shinji in the Sinnoh League… all of these payoffs only work because of how much Satoshi has had to work for them. None of these things were ever given to him for free. If Satoshi-Gekkouga is mastered and Satoshi uses that to defeat Alan and Shōta in the end, it'll only be worth it if he actually has to work and overcome its drawbacks. Otherwise, there's no actual satisfaction to be had.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I agree with Lizardo, the chances for Ash to get Mega Evolution in XYZ are close to zero. However, Ash still has one space in his roster, so you never know. Maybe they will give him a Pokémon who will Mega Evolve or they will bring one of Ash's older Pokémon to Mega Evolve. If the latter is true, it will most likely be Glalie. Let me explain why. Charizard got lots of screen time at the end of BW, Alain has Mega Charizard X and IMO it is very likely Trevor will get Mega Charizard Y, so that rules Charizard out. Sceptile is also unlikely, since Sawyer will get one. Heracross is also unlikely to be brought back, since it's Johto Pokémon and right now, there is no reason to promote them, unless they will play big role in Sun/Moon, which I doubt. So Glalie is the most likely, but even about that I doubt, since it's too long from ORAS to promote Hoenn Pokémon. And that's why I think it's unlikely for Ash to get Mega Evolution in XYZ. In future, maybe, but not now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    In the future? Maybe, assuming that Mega Evolution continues being a prominent feature of the franchise.

But as far as XY&Z goes? With Satoshi-Gekkouga already able to go head-to-head with Alan's Mega Lizardon, Shōta's Mega Jukain, and even Carne's Mega Sirknight? Hell no. To add a traditional Mega Evolution to Satoshi's lineup at this point when Gekkouga is able to take the fight to a champion would just be overkill.

I think that the only reason Satoshi doesn't actually have a traditional Mega Evolution this time around is because Diance is the only Kalos region Pokémon that's capable of it. All of the others (Lizardon, Heracross, Jukain, Onigohri) are from past regions, that Satoshi isn't going to carry around with him while he's travelling through Kalos. If Mega Gekkouga actually existed, that's what Satoshi would have gotten. But the writers clearly wanted to give him something, so Satoshi-Gekkouga is what we get instead.

If Sun & Moon introduces some Gen. 7 Megas (or synchros, if that's going to be the new gimmick), Satoshi might get one of those.

Because that's how good stories tend to work? The main character isn't supposed to get these kinds of things for free. There's no satisfactory feeling in the payoff of the character getting to that next level without them having to fight for it. Sacrifice and struggle are integral to good storytelling.

And that struggle is present in the characters of Shōta and Alan, even if they don't get the kind of focus that Satoshi and Gekkouga are getting. Because they aren't the characters the anime is currently following.

Shōta wants to defeat Satoshi, which he will presumably do at some point – either in XY&Z026 or (unfortunately) at the Kalos League. But should he actually accomplish that goal, it'll only be after having taken several losses to Satoshi, as well as Citron and Mâche. It'll only be after he's had to a grow a team capable of giving Satoshi a good fight. That this all happens admittedly off-screen doesn't change the fact that Shōta very much had to work and suffer setbacks, same as Satoshi, on the way to achieving what he wants.

Alan very much had to pay a price for what he wanted. Alan's goal is to become "the strongest" with his Mega Lizardon, so that he can protect the people he cares about. TSME Act I ended with the two of them losing to Zumi and his Mega Kamex. Alan and Lizardon were outmatched by the legendaries in TSME Act II and Act III. Along the way, Alan befriended Manon and Hari-san and the two of them both came to be in the category of those he cared about and wanted to protect. TSME Act IV sees Alan run away from Manon in the pursuit of becoming stronger and Fleur-de-lis allows him to finally make progress by having him challenge ten Mega Evolution trainers, including Pachira. Alan succeeds, defeating Pachira, and finally makes progress in becoming the strongest – only to pay the price of being unable to protect Hari-san, which was the whole point. And to top it all off, Alan and Lizardon will most likely end up being beaten by Satoshi and Gekkouga when all is said and done.

So neither Shōta nor Alan get what they want for free, if they even get it at all. They don't have the same stories as Satoshi does, but they sacrifice and suffer setbacks same as he's currently doing with Gekkouga. The only reason it's not to the same degree is because Satoshi is present for 100+ episodes and is the central character of the anime, and they're not.

Think about some of the most satisfying payoff moments in Satoshi's history: befriending Pikachu, getting Lizardon to obey him, defeating Shigeru in the Jouto League, winning the Battle Frontier, controlling Goukazaru's Blaze, defeating Shinji in the Sinnoh League… all of these payoffs only work because of how much Satoshi has had to work for them. None of these things were ever given to him for free. If Satoshi-Gekkouga is mastered and Satoshi uses that to defeat Alan and Shōta in the end, it'll only be worth it if he actually has to work and overcome its drawbacks. Otherwise, there's no actual satisfaction to be had.

And What prize Shota and Alain paid ?
    Shota just spend some time Off-screen and he suddenly good enough to beat all Ash's pokemon and get a free Keystone
    Off Screen is just excuse to give Characters free thing they doesn't deserve! You don't even know what Shota does Off-screen because he does not exist off-screen , He just an Anime character.
    Also you talking about Alain's struggle !
    Ash fought and beat Battle Frontier , He also won the Orange league and battled more E4 then Alain did in his entire life.
    Yet Ash get his ass kicked by Gary and Shootie .
    While Alain fight 9 random trainer and now he's in same level as a E4 member.
    And His prize is NOTHING .
    Truth is , Alain didn't struggle at all ! He Gets a Keystone for being Lysabdre's Lackey and free upgarde to E4 level because he's current writers creation.
    Good story doesn't mean Protagonist struggle while everyone get everything for free ! Or else One-PunchMan wouldn't be popular today.

From What we seen , ALAIN DOESN'T DESERVE A KEYSTONE OR MEGA CHARIZARD.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Honestly guys, I realy want to see Mega Charizard Y soon as Ash's partner.
    However, I dont think Charizard needs to evolve in order to be reliable in battle. I would prefer that Ash catch a legendary pokemon instead, realy.. Ash used some realy cool pokemon before, but I think this season he did a better work- therefore he should not be beaten this time. Ash was bonding before with some special pokemons, but none of the stayed as if they got a job or something. It might be nice for a change if Ash gets a legendary partner, isn't it?

With Talonflame, Noivern and his own form of Greninja he might win this. I'm sure he will play those three alongside Pikachu and Charizard (After his huge comeback the other day), but Hawlucha must be the one he will send back to Oak in order to get another Type to his squad.

So the last pokemon on hand should be reliable pokemon of another Type: Bayleef, Sceptile, Krokorok, Buizel, Glalie, Heracross, Snorlax or even Muk. I would go for Krokorok or a Grass Type pokemon realy.

If not them, we will prob see Goodra coming to help Ash just as Charizard and Squirtle has done before. We already saw Goodra watching the Pokémon Showcase Master Class on Keanan's television.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Sorry imtnt, but I have to disagree. I always hate it when they bring back Ash's old Pokémon for league and his current roster is neglected. That's why I hated Johto League and Sinnoh League (though here they did it to promote Johto Pokémon, but that made it even more stupid IMO) and if they will do this in Kalos League, I will hate it too. And even more if they will bring back Charizard, who is, after Pikachu, Ash's most used Pokémon. Plus we saw a lot of other Charizards already. and most likely will see another with Trevor (presumably Mega Charizard Y), so there's no reason to give him more time. If they had to bring back old Pokémon, which I hope they will not, then I prefer Pokémon who were more neglected, like Tauros or Kingler. But I really hope they will just give Ash some other Kalos Pokémon, possibly one who can Mega Evolve, though as I wrote before, I don't hold my hopes for that high.
    And Legendary for Ash? NO, NO, NO, NO, and once again NO! The whole point of Ash's determination is he doesn't need the power of legend. He was even able to beat Legendary Pokémon in Sinnoh League. So why ruining that approach now?

Famon, the main point of Alain's story is that he was forced, by his stupid ambitions, to help evil Team Flare, while he obviously is not bad guy, on the contrary, actually, and it will be interesting to see what he will do when he'll finally realize how Lysandre used him. I can't wait for that. Actually, for me, Alain is the most interesting recurring character in Kalos sago, and maybe even most interesting in the whole show.

Years
    Ash's Greninja-evolution was essentially just a mechanic that was made up to help out, at a certain point in the anime, so they do get some things for free. It is true that Alain's integration is a bit of a strange one in a way, because before that they were mostly illustrative and hence their story is a bit exaggerated for promotional reasons, without the constraints placed upon Ash and so on in the process. At the same time, if Ash had a usual Mega, they'd probably still just default to promotional mode in dealing with it, so in that sense it might be better that they do not have one at the moment, generally.

Having to stress his bond with Greninja is already displacing Pikachu, etc., in some ways, and hence having a Mega alongside this might be a bit much.

But Can Ash synergy-evolve Charizard and Sceptile ?
    That kind of evolution doesn't seem to be presented as the same as Mega-Evolution, and hence having it apply to the same Pokemon might be a bit counter-productive. To be fair, he does have a starter with a special form.
    I won't be surprise if Greninja dies to save the world and Writers used Ash further development and Story as excuse.
    The problem with that is that past a certain point of creating every convoluted means of making Ash die the writers might be committed to seeing that through. Ash has had their life at risk and been saved by luck almost more times than May has fallen head over heels in love with people.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    And What prize Shota and Alain paid ?
    Shota just spend some time Off-screen and he suddenly good enough to beat all Ash's pokemon and get a free Keystone
    Off Screen is just excuse to give Characters free thing they doesn't deserve! You don't even know what Shota does Off-screen because he does not exist off-screen , He just an Anime character.
    Yes, the fact that Shōta's improvement occurs entirely off-screen with the audience rarely getting a chance to see him training and growing stronger (just the results of it) is a significant flaw with him. I think that has more to do with the fact that the anime introduced Shōta way too late and too infrequently to really do much in that area.

That said, in every battle we've seen Shōta in up to this point he's gotten destroyed by every trainer he's come up against. Citron defeated Kimori in XY064, Satoshi was clearly beating him in their double battle in XY073, Mâche defeated him that same episode, Satoshi crushed him 0-3 in XY075, Satoshi crushed him again in XY&Z013.

Shōta's paid his dues plenty at this point, and not having him win something would be a massive disservice to the character and the narrative being told with him.

And I just explained what price Alan had to pay in his quest. Because of Alan (or, at least, as he sees it), Manon's Harimaron is unconscious in a hospital bed. The entire point of him "becoming the strongest" was to protect the things he cares about. Alan got stronger over the course of TSME – defeating 10 Mega Evolution trainers, including the Kalos E4's Pachira – but at the cost of his entire point to doing so. And on top of it all, he doesn't even know that he's actively helping the bad guys and throwing the Kalos region into its greatest crisis.

If you can't see how Alan is paying a price here, then you're not paying attention.

Also you talking about Alain's struggle !
    Ash fought and beat Battle Frontier , He also won the Orange league and battled more E4 then Alain did in his entire life.
    Yet Ash get his ass kicked by Gary and Shootie .
    None of this has anything to do with XY&Z.

While Alain fight 9 random trainer and now he's in same level as a E4 member.
    TSME Act IV disagrees.

Alan isn't interested in the League, so his victory over Pachira doesn't mean anything to him so long as he still can't protect the people he cares about. Thus, the battles were ultimately rendered meaningless when Hari-san got hurt.

And at the end of the day, Alan and Lizardon will probably end up losing to Satoshi and Gekkouga anyway.

Truth is , Alain didn't struggle at all ! He Gets a Keystone for being Lysabdre's Lackey and free upgarde to E4 level because he's current writers creation.
    So losing to Fleur-de-lis, losing to Zumi, being outmatched by Daigo, being unable to do anything against the Primal legendaries and having to be saved by Manon doesn't count as a struggle? If anything, Alan has struggled more in the span of four TSME specials than Satoshi has in over a hundred episodes of XY and XY&Z.

Good story doesn't mean Protagonist struggle while everyone get everything for free ! Or else One-PunchMan wouldn't be popular today.
    I don't give a **** how popular a series is (and I've never read One-Punch Man, so I can't speak for that), if there's no conflict then it's not a good story. Conflict is central to storytelling.

Nobody that we're talking about here is getting anything for free. Satoshi has to struggle to master the Satoshi-Gekkouga form, Shōta had to take five complete ass-beatings to finally get to a point where he can challenge Satoshi, Alan got "stronger" to absolutely no point when his friend's Pokémon got hurt. And these are the characters who are at least getting something out of the narrative. For all your complaining about what Satoshi has to go through (a whopping... six episodes is what comprises this "trial" of his and Gekkouga's?), he at least gets something and isn't just standing around on the sidelines of the action like Serena and Citron are.

From What we seen , ALAIN DOESN'T DESERVE A KEYSTONE OR MEGA CHARIZARD.
    If you learn nothing else from this (you won't), then at least remember this (and you won't):

If it's not your story, then you don't get to decide what a fictional character deserves or doesn't deserve.

Back