• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will these games come with an "accessory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    They could easily pull it off. It would basically be Pokemon Amie but off the game and on an accessory instead. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't see the point of a upgraded pokéwalker (ot: I would like to see one for the streetpass capabliltes so I wouldn't have to bring my 3DS everywhere with me.) when the play coins system basically already functions as one. Maybe along the lines of a berry grower or a watch like device would be what I reckon.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It wouldn't necessarily have to be a step-counter though; just a way for you to interact with the game outside the game itself. :p Lots could be done without having to include something like a pedometer.

Absolutely! Being able to interact with your Pokémon outside of the game was so fun and refreshing! I miss that the most about the PokéWalker, and even Dream World did that (albeit on the computer/internet). If something like that could be included, I would be the happiest camper. But the options are so limitless that it's hard to come up with an idea.

Years
    What are you guys talking about?! You all don't know? Everyone gets a mega ring with the game so we can mega evolve our household pets.

An upgraded pokewalker would be fantastic. One in which you could transfer over more than one pokemon and go on little missions and have battles. I honestly didn't care that the pokewalker had a pedometer, I just enjoyed carrying a pokemon around with me and finding items and other pokemon.

But in all honesty, I doubt we get anything extra. I would be happy with another event pokemon to tie into the release though.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I think an accessory would be a fantastic idea. I like the idea of a mini Pokénav, but I doubt it would be useful unless it was about the size of an iPod Classic just to use the controls. But I think an interactive tool on-the-go is a great addition, I loved the Pokéwalker.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I want a pokewalker that only has a daycare on it. That way, you can import 2 pokemon, then keep breeding them and hatching them automatically. I also think it should be a preorder only item.

Just my opinion. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Maybe this is an internal tradeoff? :p What I mean by this is we might either get new extra post-game content or we get an accessory. Don't really see both happening for the same game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So I'm back here in this thread now that I have an actual idea of what the "accessory" would be, if these games contain any.

FRLG had a wireless adapter, because the original games were basically THE reason to have a GameBoy link cable in the first place.

HGSS came with a PokéWalker, because there was a similar pedometer-like device for gen 2 games, which had a Pikachu, and walking gave you points that you could exchange for items.

So both accessories had something to do with accessories that were used during the original games' release. So what did gen 3 have?

The E-Reader.

"But Rivvon," you say, "No one used the E-Reader! And we have AR Cards now! Why would they make an accessory of that?" To which I respond: "First, who used that pedometer from gen2? And second, you're right."

I'm placing my bets now on AR Cards. Cards that unlock various Trainers to battle in-game, like the E-Reader cards of old. Maybe the cards we get are randomized, so it would encourage players to trade the cards. Maybe the TCG would do something alongside it? It's hard to say on that front, but my guess is AR Cards at least, if anything.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    It could be plausible that we could have a new accessory for ORAS, maybe a device that could transfer Pokemon from RSE to ORAS directly perhaps, saving the travel from Sinnoh to Unova and back to Hoenn? But then again, the limitations of the GBA is far too obsolete to even think about it. But it could happen I think? We may never know haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I heard that Nintendo has been experimenting with figurines. Maybe the game with come with a addition that reads figurines. Or maybe pucks (like Pokemon Tetra was it?). They could open special areas in the games. Or maybe do another Pokewalker thing but that looks like a Pokémon. The games could come with either a torchic, treeko, or mudkip figurine/walker. They could sell extras...it'll print Money! Seriously...

Years
    It would make sense, considering the past two remakes have come with an accessory. However, I don't know if the 3DS has the same compatibility opportunities as previous consoles. Not sure what they would do for one; possibly something to do with berry picking.

Pinta77

The Pokewalker is cool and the only reason I dont use it is because I dont use heartgold anymore. If it worked for new games then Id use it again

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    A PokeNav app for iPhone, iPad and Android.

With the growth of those smartphones, we might as well hope that Game Freak make good use of the technology. I honestly feel like the 3DS doesn't need any other accessory, which is why I feel that an app would work. Maybe with each game, you get a code for an app or something?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    A PokeNav app for iPhone, iPad and Android.

With the growth of those smartphones, we might as well hope that Game Freak make good use of the technology. I honestly feel like the 3DS doesn't need any other accessory, which is why I feel that an app would work. Maybe with each game, you get a code for an app or something?

Yeah I agree, I hope we get this app one way or another. xD All I hope is that it would be free if that would be the case.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Yeah I agree, I hope we get this app one way or another. xD All I hope is that it would be free if that would be the case.

Oh, that's where the code comes in. The code's given out with each OR/AS copy and allows you to get the app free.

Sound good? o:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    Popped into my head, but maybe something to do with a Pokeblock case. IDK, I just want one <3 Or NFC figures(don't really want that but it's kind of the "thing" lately". <<
    EDIT: Pokewalker type device shaped like a replica, possibly smaller then life-size Pokenav or Hoenn style Pokedex? <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back